Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

ThunderDent **2015 SQ5 Build Thread**

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderDent
A comparison to my APR Q5 is honestly pretty close. The turbo in the old car had that split second lag but kicked it hard when you went. The SQ5 has linear pull right from the get go with the supercharger. Both sound good, but the SQ5 sounds better to me.

Both vehicles hit their sweet spot with ***-in-seat acceleration when you have the RPMs up at 3500 or so and you're in M4 or M5 and step on it. So they both as TFSI gasoline engines definitely perform well there. Step on it and your over 100mph. At least this one does it stock (and a bit better in my opinion, and I ran it hard today). Before I replaced the turbo to the K04 in the old car it was no comparison however.
Good to hear that the S is at least as good as your highly-tuned 2.0T. Should definitely be less problematic since it gets you that level of performance completely stock instead of pushing it really hard. Just tweak the suspension a little and you should be set.

The BiTurbo TDI SQ5 would be fun to drive I bet with that low torque power band.
Peak torque from 1400rpm, you bet that'd be fun! But we gotta take what we can get with the petrol S and only the single-turbo TDI. Not so terrible, though, the regular TDI's fun as it is and people love the petrol S (which is only slightly slower to 60).
Old 04-27-2015, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's honesty better. Every time I get in it so far I look forward to it.

And the engine/exhaust note is amazing.

As I was taking delivery, the sales guy said, "here is the ADS features, but I know you so we're just gonna go ahead and put this in dynamic." It was pretty great.

And on the engine breakin, I have been varying revs a lot and pushing it, as well as working the low end. His thoughts were exactly this... "Drive it like you stole it."
Old 04-27-2015, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

I see your Q5 has the RS grill. No thoughts about swapping that to your SQ5? Some people have done that mod and are happy with it. Personally I prefer the S grill as I think it looks a little more 'robust' but you have both! Although I am not usually a fan of blue for a car I must say that the SQ5 does look very very good in that blue! Enjoy!
Old 04-27-2015, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NorthValley
I see your Q5 has the RS grill. No thoughts about swapping that to your SQ5? Some people have done that mod and are happy with it. Personally I prefer the S grill as I think it looks a little more 'robust' but you have both! Although I am not usually a fan of blue for a car I must say that the SQ5 does look very very good in that blue! Enjoy!
The RS grill on my old Q5 is a B8 fitment.
The SQ5 is a B8.5 refresh (see angled vs rounded top corners)

I love the RS look too. That's actually the first thing my wife said, but I love the S grills too, but only in the black optic for my taste.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Old 04-27-2015, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My planned mods. Going to try very hard to NOT go past these.

Eurocode Überlegenes Stabilisatoren System (ÜSS)
* Alu Kreuz Chassis Stabilizer
* Front & Rear Sway bars

ECS
* 17.5mm spacers
-- old Q5 had factory ET33 wheels and 17.5mm front and rear was perfect setup. I think the SQ5 21" wheels are the same ET33 offset, so those should give me the exact same look. Need to take some measurements to be sure.

KW
* H.A.S. (Height Adjustable Springs)

AUDI
* 3.0T oil dipstick

VCDS
* disable key removal beeping
* disable seatbelt beeping
* enable windows/pano roof to remote open/close

I despise a car beeping at me. The only noise I should hear when I get in it is the sound of the engine starting up.

Last edited by ThunderDent; 04-27-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:39 AM
Ts0
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VCDS

this would be amazing.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ts0
VCDS

this would be amazing.
I'm assuming I can still do these things. I had them modded on the Q5, so hopefully they'll still be doable.

The beeping when the door is open and the car is not on is constant (which you can turn off by clicking the top right indicator stick button). But it comes back. And if you turn the car on, say to let it warm up and walk away with the key in your pocket (the whole advantage of the advanced key, then it beeps some more. Loud enough you can hear it after you close the door.

I don't understand why the U.S. laws call for all that BS, when the Euro models don't need all that, as well as all the emergency placards everywhere.

We aren't so stupid that we need constant beeps keeping us in line.
I just want to hear silence, followed by engine roar on start up.
That's it.

I need to find my VCDS cable though. It's lost in the garage somewhere. Haha.
Also hate the fact that their software won't work on my MacBook. Have to use my step-daughters PC. Which is windows 8. Which is a whole other rant of hate for a different day!

Last edited by ThunderDent; 04-28-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

boot camp or parallel your macbook
Old 04-29-2015, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Imola wagon
boot camp or parallel your macbook
That's a great idea. I had no idea Apple had that as an option. Thanks for letting me know.

I think I'm about through my list of VCDS mods. I found the original thread I used last time. The only thing I won't fuss with this time is going through all the hidden menu stuff and code generating to get the VIM feature. I think we used that once. Hopefully I'll be able to turn off all the beeps. The engine on, door open beep is about to drive me batty.

If anyone can think of any other cool ones, let me know.

Disable Key warning/chime (keyless models)
Disable Door open warning/chime
Disable LED 'wink' on turn signal
Disable "Lights are on" warning
Disable NAV & Phone warning messages while entering data at speed
Disable Seatbelt Chime
Enable Automatic Gear selection shown in DIS
Enable Independent Fogs control with high beams
Enable Remote Operation windows&sunroof
Enable Rear Tail Lights on with DRLs

VCDS & Hidden menu: The complete list

Quick Reply: ThunderDent **2015 SQ5 Build Thread**