Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Transmission Mount Insert

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just placed my order for the mount. As I am up in the US (LA) for the next 2 weeks I have requested delivery there and will fit it when I return to Chile. Fingers crossed all goes well with delivery and then fitting!!
Old 02-04-2015, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 14.75 lbs. foot torque

Originally Posted by hilld
Gut and tight. Use some blue loctite.
Says in the doc to go 20 Newton Meters, which translates to 14.75 ft. lbs. of torque. Also states to use the Blue Loctite.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthValley
Just placed my order for the mount. As I am up in the US (LA) for the next 2 weeks I have requested delivery there and will fit it when I return to Chile. Fingers crossed all goes well with delivery and then fitting!!
I saw you were asking them about the wrench/socket, too. I bought mine on Amazon (maybe they can ship it to you as well while you're in the US). Alternatively, check out some local auto part stores... AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, or even home improvement stores like Home Depot or Lowes.

http://amzn.com/B00ESMZZHO
Old 02-04-2015, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Pete...will do! Flying up tonight with my boy for 2 weeks RnR. I LOVE the US!
Old 02-12-2015, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Installed with APR Stage 2+

So, I installed the transmission mount insert on my '14 Q5 APR Stage 2+ and in Sport mode it almost seems to rumble now between gears with a bit of torque loss. Bolts are tight!

Has anyone installed this on a Stage 2+ car? Have you noticed anything like this? Could be my imagination but something is definitely different

EDIT: Drove a bit more today, and it isn't a rumble, it's the engine hitting higher RPMs before shifting gears. So, it sounded like a rumble, yet, it's just revving higher before gear change. Good or bad? Doesn't sounds great..

Thanks all

Brian

Last edited by brian5s; 02-13-2015 at 05:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
I saw you were asking them about the wrench/socket, too. I bought mine on Amazon (maybe they can ship it to you as well while you're in the US). Alternatively, check out some local auto part stores... AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, or even home improvement stores like Home Depot or Lowes.

Capri Tools 30035 10mm XZN Triple Square Bit Socket with 3/8-Inch Drive - - Amazon.com
All delivered as agreed. I picked up the insert from UPS office on Sunset Blvd and the socket from the 7/11 Amazon Locker also on Sunset. Blue Loctite from AutoZone on Highland Av. Now back in Chile and will attempt to install on Saturday!
Old 02-23-2015, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

All delivered as agreed. I picked up the insert from UPS office on Sunset Blvd and the socket from the 7/11 Amazon Locker also on Sunset. Blue Loctite from AutoZone on Highland Av. Now back in Chile and will attempt to install on Saturday!
Try to take some good pics for us!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by brian5s
So, I installed the transmission mount insert on my '14 Q5 APR Stage 2+ and in Sport mode it almost seems to rumble now between gears with a bit of torque loss. Bolts are tight!

Has anyone installed this on a Stage 2+ car? Have you noticed anything like this? Could be my imagination but something is definitely different

EDIT: Drove a bit more today, and it isn't a rumble, it's the engine hitting higher RPMs before shifting gears. So, it sounded like a rumble, yet, it's just revving higher before gear change. Good or bad? Doesn't sounds great..

Thanks all

Brian
Can't see how this insert is going to affect the gear shift process??? I thought it was just to reduce 'slop' of the transmission housing on up/down change??? Please let me know if I am wrong here...

Last edited by NorthValley; 02-24-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Rumble without power

Can't see how this insert is going to affect the gear shift process??? I thought it was just to reduce 'slop' of the transmission housing on up/down change??? Please let me know if I am wrong here...
yeah, experienced it today when I got on it. Feels like it's trying to go, but almost like disconnected from SuperCharger. The whine is gone, just sounds like a loud Mustang GT. My exhaust is stock.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by brian5s
yeah, experienced it today when I got on it. Feels like it's trying to go, but almost like disconnected from SuperCharger. The whine is gone, just sounds like a loud Mustang GT. My exhaust is stock.
Solution would be to remove insert and return to stock and see if that solves the problem...

Quick Reply: Transmission Mount Insert