Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

VAGCOM south Orange County needed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome! Thanks IknowHuhA6 for doing all this, it is very much appreciated.
The weekend of the 30th is fine with me.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

OK...Drove around So Cali today scoping out the Sonic drive-in restaurants in area. There were only two that were gathering friendly.
I loved the location next to Ontario Mills mall. The surrounding area was nice and restaurant parking spaces had tables in front to sit outside of car and relax.

In addition to the appealing surrounding neighborhood, it is also family friendly. If you need to convince family, you have options to drop them off at the Huge Ontario mills mall just up the street on other side of Mills Cir drive, or the movieplex at the mall, or even promise a visit to boomers mini golf fun zone 10 minutes west off the 10fwy. Also many nice restaurants for family dinner. So if family doesn't want to give you permission to swing by for a bit... dangle a day of shopping and fun in return.

So here's preliminary plan....

Location: Sonic in Rancho Cugamonga, 11370 Fourth St, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

Date:, Saturday April 30th

Time: Thinking we shoot for 11:00 am - 1:00pm
This gets us started before the lunch rush takes up all the spots.
However there is parking for hotel in adjoining lot just 10 feet away as backup.

Rules: Vagcom updates are done at your own risk, and everyone assumes full responsibility for the modification. This is not a service nor commitment of any kind, just a gathering of Audi enthusiasts helping each other out. A Vagcom unit will be available for use. you do NOT pass this unit around, you return it only to person that handed it to you, or helped you connect to the car.
Please have copy of mod, or bookmarked on your electronic device so you can perform upgrade with guidance if necessary from someone.

Also, please be kind and respectful. This is NOT a hot-rod meet. No racing up and down streets. It only takes one bad decision to ruin it for everyone.

Thank you.

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 04-09-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Perfect! I'll put it on my calendar and I'll see you folks at 11:00 am!
And just to be sure, the address is 11370 Fourth St, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730 (the embedded map shows the Sonic closest to me)

Last edited by jbbarrette; 04-09-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Is there a list of mods I can download and bookmark or highlight the ones I'd like applied?
Old 04-10-2016, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbbarrette
Hello folks, I had an old thread before but wanted to put up a new one.
I'm looking for someone with a VAGCOM in south Orange County, CA that could set up Video in Motion on my '14 Premium Plus Q5. The wife and I are headed to Sonoma next month and this would make the long drive much more bareable for her. I'd be happy to pay you or give beers or whatever!
Please let me know.
Thanks!
I have a vagcom in Mission Viejo. Little closer than Pamona if you're in South OC.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by masemoto
I have a vagcom in Mission Viejo. Little closer than Pamona if you're in South OC.
So essentially you're saying let's derail the efforts of someone willing to help the community that has gone though effort and trouble to scout locations by reducing the turn out. hhmm. Sometimes I wonder why I even offer to help.

I guess I'll just wait by myself for 3 hours and my take away is to not help the community anymore.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm sticking to the plan iknowhuhA6, it'll be good to get out and meet some new people.
Thanks for posting up masemoto, if something happens with the original plan, I'll let you know. Or, come on out and meet some new Audi drivers!
Old 04-10-2016, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jbbarrette
I'm sticking to the plan iknowhuhA6, it'll be good to get out and meet some new people.
Thanks for posting up masemoto, if something happens with the original plan, I'll let you know. Or, come on out and meet some new Audi drivers!
Now there's a more considerate idea. Yes masemoto if you're free you'd be more than welcome to swing by and say hello. This all started with one person and escalated with more people wanting updates in vicinity.

Even if you have all mods you want and need, your experience would prove invaluable to the others showing up.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
So essentially you're saying let's derail the efforts of someone willing to help the community that has gone though effort and trouble to scout locations by reducing the turn out. hhmm. Sometimes I wonder why I even offer to help.

I guess I'll just wait by myself for 3 hours and my take away is to not help the community anymore.
Just offering it up as an alternative, nothing more. Enjoy the get together!
Old 04-10-2016, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by masemoto
Just offering it up as an alternative, nothing more. Enjoy the get together!
Not a problem, I completely understand and we all appreciate your wiliness to help. I hope this doesn't dissuade you from offering help in future. It's rare for people to be selfless and offer help. I personally thank you.

But in this instance there's many more people involved needing help that already posted, and you didn't specify if you'd help all of the others also which is why I was concerned people would be left out in cold. Just trying to avoid chaos.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: VAGCOM south Orange County needed.