Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Waterproof front seat covers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Waterproof front seat covers?

No, really, I've looked online and either I find "does not fit this vehicle" or I find "Universal fits all cars" which might be even worse.

I'm looking for something simple, preferably a neoprene seat cover with minimal stitching because stitching leaks. I'll be using the car, once it warms up a bit out, and needing to get in and drive while wearing wet pants or swimwear, saltwater wet, which leaves stains on leather.

Last year I used a couple of layers of towels and blanket, but I'd like to get rid of that damp mess and just use a waterproof cover, to keep my damp butt from staining the seat.

Has anyone found something that actually fits our cars? Just need the front seats, don't want or need any big logos and such.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a pair of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351610433834?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Nice quality for the price.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just drive my wife's car if I am going to get dirty....
Old 02-12-2016, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ParadigmDawg
I just drive my wife's car if I am going to get dirty....
This is my wife's car. Mine is inappropriate for dirty driving. :-)
Old 02-12-2016, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts
Default this company looks promising...

Neo Sport Seat Covers | Seat Covers Unlimited

Old 02-12-2016, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dassq5
I looked at those, but the problem is, they are hard to take on and off, and too ugly to leave on.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redd
No, really, I've looked online and either I find "does not fit this vehicle" or I find "Universal fits all cars" which might be even worse.

I'm looking for something simple, preferably a neoprene seat cover with minimal stitching because stitching leaks. I'll be using the car, once it warms up a bit out, and needing to get in and drive while wearing wet pants or swimwear, saltwater wet, which leaves stains on leather.

Last year I used a couple of layers of towels and blanket, but I'd like to get rid of that damp mess and just use a waterproof cover, to keep my damp butt from staining the seat.

Has anyone found something that actually fits our cars? Just need the front seats, don't want or need any big logos and such.
Have you tried wet okole seat covers?
I had them in my FJ and they worked very well - probably have something that fits our seats as well.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Redd: Wet Okole (as noted above)
Old 02-12-2016, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Redd: Wet Okole (as noted above)
Damn, they sure are proud of them. $300!

I would not use them. Like the others listed, you put them on and they stay on. Removable yes, but time consuming.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

The "towel" covers are, I rashly presume, terrycloth and not waterproof. So a waste of time for me. The "Neo" covers that I found online were the old one-size-fits-none type, but I may yet resort to trying that.

The Okole...heck, at $300 I could have my mother's tailor, or the local custom wetsuit shop, custom fab them for me.(G)

Maybe I should just call up a Texas Condom store, and ask for the "extra heavy, no lube" models?

Interesting range of options some of them have, I guess a few phone calls will be in order. When I see something like an "option" for the air bag...one reason I finally bought a newer car was so that I'd have newfangled safety gear like that, I don't want to defeat it.

Thanks, guys. (Anyone actually tried any of the products?)

Quick Reply: Waterproof front seat covers?