Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

What comes with a NEW SQ5

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What comes with a NEW SQ5

I bought an Audi certified used SQ5, the one that has to go through that 300 item list before Audi will certify the car.

UNFORTUNATELY

The tools and equipment that should have been in the trunk of the car other then the spare tire were not there.
Little did I know my troubles had only just begun. Trying to get the dealer to furnish me with what should have come with the car is like pulling teeth with a pliers.

I just discovered today that all four wheels have a special lug nut that requires a special socket to remove it. I didn't get that socket and can't remove ANY of the wheels on the car.

Does anyone know if Audi supply me with that special socket to remove those locking lug nuts. Perhaps they can figure out the required socket based on the VIN # of my vehicle.
I think the dealer is clueless as to what should have come with my car.

Anyone out there with help or suggestions I certainly would like to hear from you.... Thx in advance.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure what is suppose to come with the car but make sure to check deep down in the trunk. There's another compartment back there that often gets missed. I believe the special bolt remover is after market. You can buy them from Audi, but don't believe they come with it stock.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check post #2 here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...ement-2875910/
Old 04-22-2016, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I read the Audi CPO Checklist and there is nothing in there that holds the dealer for being responsible for standard tools/equipment that originally came with a vehicle. I suggest going back to Audi and find out if there is a way for you to contact the previous owner to find out if he has the missing tools (including wheel lock key) and tool tray. I believe there is no spare tire for the SQ5. I think the tool kit comes with an air compressor and tire sealant.

Maybe other SQ5 owners can chime in with photos and info on what tools are originally included with their vehicles. They can also tell you if there was a compact spare tire or not.

If there is no way to contact the original owner and if the tools and spare tire are lost, I suggest borrowing a wheel lock key from the Audi Parts Department to find out if it works on your wheel locks or not. I suspect that Audi is using the same key pattern for all the wheel lock sets they sell because all of them share the same part #. For sure, the wheel lock sets are not attached to the vehicle's VIN #. Mine aren't. Also, mine did not come with a special key code that identifies a particular key pattern for the wheel lock.

Another suggestion is to consult an Audi service department tech and get some info. They may have a wheel lock key that will fit your wheel locks.

As for the other missing stuff, you'll have to assemble it one by one. Good place to look for them are salvage yards or Ebay or Craigslist. Here is the parts diagram and list for the Tool Kit;

Have you looked under the floor of the trunk where the battery is located? Here's a thread link with photos of its location. Here's another thread link with detailed photos showing the whereabouts of the tool kit and compressor.

Last edited by plat27265; 04-22-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the space in the trunk below the spare tire. That's where I found my tool kit. The air compressor was missing, but I found one cheap on eBay.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you sure you looked in the right place? It is NOT obvious. Look here: I Am Audi ? Audi Q5 Roof Racks ? ?How do I install roof racks on my Q5?

At a minimum, the dealer owes you the locking nut remover. I would not settle for less!
Old 04-22-2016, 11:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by plat27265
I read the Audi CPO Checklist and there is nothing in there that holds the dealer for being responsible for standard tools/equipment that originally came with a vehicle. I suggest going back to Audi and find out if there is a way for you to contact the previous owner to find out if he has the missing tools (including wheel lock key) and tool tray. I believe there is no spare tire for the SQ5. I think the tool kit comes with an air compressor and tire sealant.

Maybe other SQ5 owners can chime in with photos and info on what tools are originally included with their vehicles. They can also tell you if there was a compact spare tire or not.

If there is no way to contact the original owner and if the tools and spare tire are lost, I suggest borrowing a wheel lock key from the Audi Parts Department to find out if it works on your wheel locks or not. I suspect that Audi is using the same key pattern for all the wheel lock sets they sell because all of them share the same part #. For sure, the wheel lock sets are not attached to the vehicle's VIN #. Mine aren't. Also, mine did not come with a special key code that identifies a particular key pattern for the wheel lock.

Another suggestion is to consult an Audi service department tech and get some info. They may have a wheel lock key that will fit your wheel locks.

As for the other missing stuff, you'll have to assemble it one by one. Good place to look for them are salvage yards or Ebay or Craigslist. Here is the parts diagram and list for the Tool Kit;

Have you looked under the floor of the trunk where the battery is located? Here's a thread link with photos of its location. Here's another thread link with detailed photos showing the whereabouts of the tool kit and compressor.
I have a 2014 SQ5 and it definitely came with a spare tire. It's the kind that needs to be inflated after being removed from the trunk.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have to eat my own words here. After reading again the various comments to my original post regarding not getting any of the tools that come with a new SQ5

After reading USAVAGEU's comment about digging deeper I went to my garage and began to dig. It didn't take to long when BINGO I get to the bottom of the spare tire well and sure enough there is the tool kit but the vehicle jack and indeed there is the battery as well.

I eat my words and thank the forum members who helped me find what I have been looking for for over TWO weeks. Call me "mud in the eye"

Thanks again to all
Old 04-23-2016, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Make sure you have the air compressor too. It should be in the left rear side compartment.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pileits
I have to eat my own words here. After reading again the various comments to my original post regarding not getting any of the tools that come with a new SQ5

After reading USAVAGEU's comment about digging deeper I went to my garage and began to dig. It didn't take to long when BINGO I get to the bottom of the spare tire well and sure enough there is the tool kit but the vehicle jack and indeed there is the battery as well.

I eat my words and thank the forum members who helped me find what I have been looking for for over TWO weeks. Call me "mud in the eye"

Thanks again to all
Don't sweat it, you are not the first or last, and it is not that obvious!

Quick Reply: What comes with a NEW SQ5