Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

What are people paying on 2016 SQ5?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't Audicare a flat price once you negotiate a price on the car? If you negotiate free Audicare with the price of the car, the dealer will just mark up the price of the car (e.g. less than 6% discount). You never get a "deal" on Audicare. The only thing that changes is the sales price of the car which makes you THINK you got a discount on Audicare.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Parsec
Isn't Audicare a flat price once you negotiate a price on the car? If you negotiate free Audicare with the price of the car, the dealer will just mark up the price of the car (e.g. less than 6% discount). You never get a "deal" on Audicare. The only thing that changes is the sales price of the car which makes you THINK you got a discount on Audicare.
Not true, I got my dealer to sell me the car at invoice cost plus throw free window tint and free Audi Care.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default How soon can I leave AFS via a refi??

I did a special order on a Midnight Blue SQ5 that arrived yesterday. I'm going to sign for it on Saturday. I negotiated 5.25% off. I can provide the final figures once they're written in stone.

Here's my problem...I have A+ credit, just paid off my S4 lease, and the best Audi Financial Svcs can do (theoretically) is 3.4% for a 72 month loan. My credit union will do the same loan for 1.89% as they're having a special. If I go with the C.U., I save $50 / month, but then Audi hits me for $865 (loyalty goes from $1,000 to $500 and they insist on collecting $365 for the lease turn-in). So....one suggestion is to go with AFS initially then refi with the credit union. That sounds great, but I'd need to so it quickly enough to still get the special from the C.U. which ends 9/30/15. Does anyone have any idea on if there's a penalty from AFS that would bite me for doing an early refi -- like after 6 weeks or less???

Thanks in advance for any info!

jph
Old 08-06-2015, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Romanzz
Not true, I got my dealer to sell me the car at invoice cost plus throw free window tint and free Audi Care.
I think what Parsec is correctly saying here is that the cost of Audi Care is what it is. If the dealer is throwing it in for you, they still need to cover the cost for the service back to Audi. So if you are getting Audi Care thrown in, you probably could have just as easily gotten the price of the car reduced by the same amount. Same thing goes with the tint, there is a cost to that which the dealer is paying for you, or you could have asked the dealer to reduce the sales price of the car by the same amount. In the end, it does not really matter where you are getting your discounts (Sales Price vs. Throw ins like Audi Care) as it reduces the amount of money out of your pocket if you were going to get those services anyway.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jphennessey
I did a special order on a Midnight Blue SQ5 that arrived yesterday. I'm going to sign for it on Saturday. I negotiated 5.25% off. I can provide the final figures once they're written in stone.

Here's my problem...I have A+ credit, just paid off my S4 lease, and the best Audi Financial Svcs can do (theoretically) is 3.4% for a 72 month loan. My credit union will do the same loan for 1.89% as they're having a special. If I go with the C.U., I save $50 / month, but then Audi hits me for $865 (loyalty goes from $1,000 to $500 and they insist on collecting $365 for the lease turn-in). So....one suggestion is to go with AFS initially then refi with the credit union. That sounds great, but I'd need to so it quickly enough to still get the special from the C.U. which ends 9/30/15. Does anyone have any idea on if there's a penalty from AFS that would bite me for doing an early refi -- like after 6 weeks or less???

Thanks in advance for any info!

jph
Be careful with this, when I bought my car I also was hoping to get a better APR from an outside bank, but did not want to lose the 750 incentive. The dealer told me I had to wait 6 months to refi or I would owe the incentive for financing back to Audi.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Goas123
Be careful with this, when I bought my car I also was hoping to get a better APR from an outside bank, but did not want to lose the 750 incentive. The dealer told me I had to wait 6 months to refi or I would owe the incentive for financing back to Audi.
Thanks for that info. I'm curious how they'd enforce that. Is there a stipulation given with the $ off that we need to stick with AFS for payments? I'm going to certainly pour over the loan contract much more than usual.

jph
Old 08-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I found out yesterday that my SQ5 has not reach the port on 8/2; however, I still don't know when it will get here. It is driving me crazy because I have been waiting since May 30th when I ordered it.

The Audi Financial Svcs rate of 3.4% listed above kind of concerns me. This is not a good rate and I too have an excellent credit rating. I don't know what rate they will offer until the car arrives. I can get 1.99% through my CU but then I would lose the $500 for financing through Audi. It definitely doesn't make sense if their rate isn't good, but it will delay me in getting the car if I have to leave the dealer without my car to go back to the CU. I am tired of waiting!
Old 08-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jengram
I found out yesterday that my SQ5 has not reach the port on 8/2; however, I still don't know when it will get here. It is driving me crazy because I have been waiting since May 30th when I ordered it.

The Audi Financial Svcs rate of 3.4% listed above kind of concerns me. This is not a good rate and I too have an excellent credit rating. I don't know what rate they will offer until the car arrives. I can get 1.99% through my CU but then I would lose the $500 for financing through Audi. It definitely doesn't make sense if their rate isn't good, but it will delay me in getting the car if I have to leave the dealer without my car to go back to the CU. I am tired of waiting!
Unless your credit union works differently, you shouldn't have to "go back to the CU". When you get approved from them for the loan, they should give you something that almost looks like a check for the cost of the car, but it's really a guarantee of a loan up to that amount. It includes directions for how the dealer should process it. I just picked up one today from my credit union, and did the same for my wife's car purchase. However, for hers, she ended up getting dealer financing so I just returned it to them with no fee.

jph
Old 08-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Please help on incentive details!

Can someone please set me straight on the $1,000 off for being an AFS customer? Is it still valid if you come in as an AFS customer (returning a lease), but don't leave as one because you did your own financing?

Also, have any lease return people gotten stuck with the $365 lease return fee even when they bought a new Audi (whether or not they used AFS).

I'm getting told that the $1,000 will go down to $500 if I don't use AFS, and that I'm stuck paying the lease return fee for the same reason. The guy who leased me the car I'm returning says that they're playing games at the new dealership.

Thanks in advance,

jph
Old 08-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Buy or lease the 2016 SQ5?

Leasing pros:
- you get the option to keep it if you like
- more affordable payments
- you don't feel compelled to wax it every month

Leasing cons:
- at the end of the lease, you'll need to buy 60% of MSRP at a VERY LIKELY much higher interest rate than is available today
- no equity for taking really good care of it

Purchase pros:
- lock in a low interest rate now
- theoretically getting the last model year made in Germany!

Purchase cons:
- higher monthly cost
- unknown value down the road when potentially sleek, new SQ5 / Q5 generations turn the 2016s and earlier into yesterday's newspaper with cool new headlights, MMI, etc...

What do you think? For me, the biggest decider is moving production to Mexico.

jph

Quick Reply: What are people paying on 2016 SQ5?