Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Where to buy OEM (refinished) wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy OEM (refinished) wheels?

I'm looking to buy some refinished peelers, but there are a tremendous number of vendors out there selling them, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed/nauseated by all the options and negative reviews on most of them. Furthermore, their return policies are CLEARLY intended to cover their own backsides, without any real consumer protection built in.

Have any of you purchased OEM (not reps) online before, and can you help me weed through the clutter and select a reputable vendor? I don't mind spending more for better quality, I'm just looking to avoid paying for brand new OEM wheels if possible.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you wait it out, you might get real fortunate and find folks selling their rollers on eBay. I did and was very fortunate -- they were meticulously well taken care of.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I know this is old but I bought a couple reconditioned wheels on ebay for my TT. They were flawless and half the price of new ones. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackAce
I'm looking to buy some refinished peelers, but there are a tremendous number of vendors out there selling them, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed/nauseated by all the options and negative reviews on most of them. Furthermore, their return policies are CLEARLY intended to cover their own backsides, without any real consumer protection built in.

Have any of you purchased OEM (not reps) online before, and can you help me weed through the clutter and select a reputable vendor? I don't mind spending more for better quality, I'm just looking to avoid paying for brand new OEM wheels if possible.
Here you go All Factory Wheels | Car & Truck Rims | Aluminum & Polycast Wheels

My local tire place bought me wheels at this site and he knows the company. I drove on the wheels for several seasons before I traded in my S4
Old 01-30-2015, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know you are looking for OEM or refinished, but the Hartmann reps are really good for the price. I have a set of 20" RS5 reps for my winter tires and I couldn't see the difference in quality between the OEM and the Hartmanns. Our winter roads get sanded and salted, so my winter wheels are constantly coated in sand/salt (no matter how often you wash them) and I've been really impressed with how the finish on the wheels has held up. I'm not trying to say that they are the same as OEM, but worth considering if you want to save some $$$.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzy
If you wait it out, you might get real fortunate and find folks selling their rollers on eBay. I did and was very fortunate -- they were meticulously well taken care of.

And don't overlook the Classifieds section of this forum
Old 01-31-2015, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Ace-
A lot of folks seem confused about what "OEM" means today. The Original Equipment Maker is usually one party (sometimes two) who may be Audi or an Audi contractor, who are under legal contract to sell those parts ONLY TO AUDI.
So as far as you are concerned, the sole source of "OEM" parts is AUDI. (The exception being mainly things like spark plugs and wiper blades, where you might find they are Bosch parts available from Bosch, or "OEM" tires from Michelin, etc. although you can see on Tirerack that "the same" tires are sold from two different plants, two different specs, two different prices, and "OEM" isn't the same as retail, even if the brand name is.)

So, wheels? With a design copyright, and legally available only from Audi?

If you want to save money, look for a junkyard that advertises "four wheels...AS NEW condition" and speak to them to ensure that is the condition. Don't trust that? Then you're back to the dealer's parts counter.

Anything else is NOT OEM and the guys that claim it is? Are simply lying to you, defrauding you, and no matter how nice their product looks, do you really want to trust someone who can't bother telling the truth about what they are selling? Because they DO know very well what OEM means, and they don't sell OEM goods.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi Wholesale OEM Parts | Audi Genuine Accessories | Audi Branded Collection | Audi USA Parts Online Catalog estore

Doesn't look like they have peelers in stock though.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks guys, this was an old thread that got bumped. I ended up buying my peelers new from AudiOnlineParts.com, and got them at a significant discount from MSRP. Still cost me more than refinished but since they were coming straight from Audi, I knew the condition would be perfect.