Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Customize your Q5 (coding) through a mobile app!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redd
I'm not sure that the verbose version of the error codes is in the ECU. Many of them only generate an error code to the OBD port, and leave the device reading the port to figure out the verbose versions. In order to save memory. Despite what Bill Gates said back around '82: "Hardware is cheap." (Some of us disagreed with that at the time.(G)
Don't really care of the verbose. Just the extra 004 or 014 to define the error code 0078 for example. It seems that there is more information that is available and not shown.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

I get your point.

In this case though, all the sub-messages come down to the old three stooges line: "I can't find my head! I can't find my head!"

Substitute "the ABS sensor" for "head", and that's what the error messages all seem to say. Different reasons, but same fault. An ABS/direction sender on one wheel isn't communicating with the EDU, it would seem.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Redd, thanks for your support.
AlouxL, I just replied to you by email as well. We currently don't have the ability to differentiate between those sub-codes, but we may implement it in the future. Until now, we hadn't really seen an important use case where the sub-code actually matters too much. But this seems like a legitimate reason, so we'll add this to our list of things to investigate and implement. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:06 AM
Former Vendor

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that we have a Black Friday / Cyber Monday deal on the Carista OBD2 adapter - get 25% off today through Monday! https://goo.gl/Y0CklK

Old 11-28-2016, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there the ability to increase the DRL intensity for when the headlights are on yet?
Old 11-29-2016, 01:16 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bkotyk
Is there the ability to increase the DRL intensity for when the headlights are on yet?
Yes, but only in our beta version. If you're interested in trying it out, pls email support@caristaapp.com and specify whether you use Android or iOS, and if it's Android, specify the Google account that you use in Google Play Store. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm having some issues with the App. I turned off auto side fold mirrors during winter. I'm trying to turn it back on now, and it's not working. I've set the mirrors to auto fold in the app, and even though it shows that the mirrors should auto fold they don't auto fold. Any suggestions? I have tried turning it on and off, and it just seems like the auto fold setting is not working.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:20 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Speedooooo
I'm having some issues with the App. I turned off auto side fold mirrors during winter. I'm trying to turn it back on now, and it's not working. I've set the mirrors to auto fold in the app, and even though it shows that the mirrors should auto fold they don't auto fold. Any suggestions? I have tried turning it on and off, and it just seems like the auto fold setting is not working.
There are 3 separate settings for that on the Q5, so make sure all 3 are enabled in Carista. Also, check your MMI for a menu item related to those - it's possible for such an item to show up after you enable the settings in Carista. The settings in Carista are:

Auto fold side-view mirrors (req. power folding mirrors)
Auto fold driver's side-view mirror (req. power folding mirrors)
Auto fold passenger's side-view mirror (req. power folding mirrors)
Old 02-25-2017, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I enabled all of those and still no luck. I even went into the hidden menu and enabled "Mirrors". I'm supposed to turn on auto fold in the "Central Locking" setting, but my "Central Locking" setting is greyed out and says that "the selected system is currently not available". Any ideas?
Old 02-25-2017, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

If nothing in the Audi controls enables the mirrors?

WTF, you've got a warranty, let them run a diagnostic on it. It just COULD be there's something broke. Even if you just stop by service and ask them "Am I forgetting something?" they can take a quick look on the spot and schedule the service if they can't find a menu setting that fixes it.

Quick Reply: Customize your Q5 (coding) through a mobile app!