Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Losing Sirius preset stations??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losing Sirius preset stations??

I have lost my preset stations in memory on Sirius periodically over the 14 months I have owned my 2010 Q5. Dealer did some sort of reset/MMI upgrade several months ago, but still happens periodically. Total PITA to reprogram over and over! Anyone else have this issue and find a cause/solution?
Old 08-07-2011, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Allraodgone
I have lost my preset stations in memory on Sirius periodically over the 14 months I have owned my 2010 Q5. Dealer did some sort of reset/MMI upgrade several months ago, but still happens periodically. Total PITA to reprogram over and over! Anyone else have this issue and find a cause/solution?
Hmmm, I have had the same thing happen, and it's been quite confounding. I "think" it may be occurring when my partner drives the car and uses the spare key. I'm not positive there's causation/correlation, but that is what I'm leaning towards at this point.

Do you have two different people driving the car as well, and do you think there might also be correlation here?
Old 08-07-2011, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BeachRat
Hmmm, I have had the same thing happen, and it's been quite confounding. I "think" it may be occurring when my partner drives the car and uses the spare key. I'm not positive there's causation/correlation, but that is what I'm leaning towards at this point.

Do you have two different people driving the car as well, and do you think there might also be correlation here?
Alternatively, it may be occurring when we have both keys in the car at the same time, but I'm not positive of this either...
Old 08-07-2011, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BeachRat
Alternatively, it may be occurring when we have both keys in the car at the same time, but I'm not positive of this either...
Sirius recently shuffled around some stations/channels. This caused some of our presets to stop functioning. Could be related to that.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IIRC, presets for ALL radio stations are KEY specific. Make sure you are using the same key every day
Old 08-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
IIRC, presets for ALL radio stations are KEY specific. Make sure you are using the same key every day
Not using the second key at all, or ever in the car with both keys. Sometingelse going on.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Allraodgone
Not using the second key at all, or ever in the car with both keys. Sometingelse going on.
Agree with you - could be a loose connection. I'd try to get the dealer to put a new unit in. First I would wait till it happens again and then drive into the dealer service rep to show them
Old 08-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mine disappeared 4 times the first year I had my Q5. I haven't had the problem happen again in the last year.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I believe there's a service bulletin on that issue. We lost presets twice. Ever since the dealer loaded the new update about two months ago, it hasn't happened again (knock on wood). Wait, no wood in our Q5!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The dealer had already loaded an update several months ago BUT I am still losing presets. I'll be bringing it in to the dealer again soon and will post results. Not a big issue in the overall scheme of things, just an annoying inconvenience to have to reset presets so many times. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Losing Sirius preset stations??