Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Panoramo rebuild option

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panorama rebuild option

I've owned my '14 SQ5 for just 3 months and have had the vehicle dealer serviced twice for maintence items including the Pano Roof for creaking. The roof creaks while driving on rough roads. I asked the Service Writer about a remedy for the condition. He said that they could replace the steel roof frame under warranty. However, this is a major repair that requires the upper interior to be removed. My question is has anyone here had this done to their vehicle?

Last edited by Sacdubro; 04-02-2016 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Subject Line Typo
Old 04-01-2016, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sacdubro
I've owned my '14 SQ5 for just 3 months and have had the vehicle dealer serviced twice for maintence items including the Pano Roof for creaking. The roof creaks while driving on rough roads. I asked the Service Writer about a remedy for the condition. He said that they could replace the steel roof frame under warranty. However, this is a major repair that requires the upper interior to be removed. My question is has anyone here had this done to their vehicle?
Done it twice still making annoy creaking noise during winter. not worth of getting all your interior tear up.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

My 2014 Q5 started making the creaks this winter. If I cycle the sunroof opening and closing, it stops for a while. Then it will do again another day or later in day. Recently it stopped.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:54 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

I've had it done. They did a horrible job (even broke my windshield) and had to have it readjusted. Couple months later creak came back. I recently applied krytox grease to the seals and now the creaking is gone. I would try that first.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine creaks when it is really cold and stops when it is warm/hot. I live in Texas so it's not cold very often so I ignore it.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by gk1
I've had it done. They did a horrible job (even broke my windshield) and had to have it readjusted. Couple months later creak came back. I recently applied krytox grease to the seals and now the creaking is gone. I would try that first.
Good idea. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine creaks during uneven road surfaces. I just chop it up to the body flexing. It's not terribly regular
Old 04-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I spoke with the Service Writer again regarding the Pano rebuild option. He said that the deal has a tech that all he does is interior work that would be assigned the Pano RR. My SW alone has had 7 customers during the last few years do this procedure and only one created a new noise condition. I'm leaning towards to doing it.

The current rattle noise is constant unless I'm driving on completely smooth roads/freeways. This is not acceptable to me given the caliber of vehicle we have in an Audi. Granted this is the first vehicle I've owned with the amount of roof glass. However, everyone of my vehicles from the mid-eighties has had a sunroof with no issues. With the amount of technology and R&D you would think Audi could fix this issue.

My opinion is if you can't execute it well then the option should eliminated.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

this time dealer removed the front wind filter looking thing, and no more rattle.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:30 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by hollowplayer
this time dealer removed the front wind filter looking thing, and no more rattle.
What? They just removed it completely? As in you can't drive with it open now without massive wind noise buffeting? That doesn't sound like a very good fix from a dealer.
Or did they readjust/reinstall the wind deflector?

Quick Reply: Panoramo rebuild option