Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Service due!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally opened the wallet and got the Carista adaptor and app. Reset the "service due" and did other options which worked pretty well; surprised Audi does not unlock these and charge them as another "Premium Package". Too bad the one time payment does not work anymore or perhaps the $9.99 should be a month instead.
Either way, some of the options offered were already available through the MMI (US model), maybe for other countries these were locked. Still trying to figure out the window open/close option... still have a few more days to get it right before paying again or waiting until the next oil change.

V/r
Old 12-06-2016, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

The Carista comfort windows/sunroof mod will add a new menu in the MMI Car settings. You then have to select what you want the key fob to operate in the MMI menu.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gema1727
Finally opened the wallet and got the Carista adaptor and app. Reset the "service due" and did other options which worked pretty well; surprised Audi does not unlock these and charge them as another "Premium Package". Too bad the one time payment does not work anymore or perhaps the $9.99 should be a month instead.
Either way, some of the options offered were already available through the MMI (US model), maybe for other countries these were locked. Still trying to figure out the window open/close option... still have a few more days to get it right before paying again or waiting until the next oil change.

V/r

Got the windows trick to work... had to choose "yes" on all windows options and then go back and select "no" for "open/close only driver's window" even though the MMI's menu had both front and rear selected.

Thank you all for your tips!
V/r
Old 01-22-2017, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Are there any comparisons between the carista and odbeleven?

I'm leaning towards odbeleven, but if it doesn't have the same functionality, then I'll go with carista...

carista is 40 for the module and 10 for a week or 40 annually
odbeleven - app looks free and pro module is 55
Old 01-22-2017, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ksarauer
Are there any comparisons between the carista and odbeleven?

I'm leaning towards odbeleven, but if it doesn't have the same functionality, then I'll go with carista...

carista is 40 for the module and 10 for a week or 40 annually
odbeleven - app looks free and pro module is 55
Carista is sort of like "Mods for Dummies". It's designed for making some of the common mods and easy to use although it cannot do the more extensive coding; it also uses a subscription model. OBDEleven is a full featured program and will do more. Ross-Tech's new HEX-V2 (or the wireless HEX-NET version) is the gold standard of VAG mods and will allow mods to the latest models like the 2017 A4 and Q7 MKII.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Carista is sort of like "Mods for Dummies". It's designed for making some of the common mods and easy to use although it cannot do the more extensive coding; it also uses a subscription model. OBDEleven is a full featured program and will do more. Ross-Tech's new HEX-V2 (or the wireless HEX-NET version) is the gold standard of VAG mods and will allow mods to the latest models like the 2017 A4 and Q7 MKII.
OBDEleven it is! Thank you!
Old 01-23-2017, 05:29 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to chime in here real quick: note that obdeleven does have additional in-app purchases that are required for some of their functionality. As far as I know, the stuff you can do without purchases includes raw coding, so if you're fine with tweaking bytes and bits, then the free stuff should be enough. But if you want to enable a specific customization setting without diving into bytes, then they charge you per change... and if you want to change it back, they charge you again.

Hardware: the OBDeleven hardware module is only compatible with their app and their app is only compatible with their hardware adapter, whereas Carista's module is compatible with third-party apps as well (Torque, Dash, DashCommand, TrackAddict, etc.) and the Carista app can work with third-party generic OBD adapters as well (ELM327).

Anyway, just wanted to make sure all info is presented.

We at Carista aim to provide as much functionality as possible with as simple an interface as possible. Anyone should be able to pick up Carista and change their car's settings to their liking without any specific instructions. I'm not so sure that's the case with our competitors, but that's just my opinion

But yes, I'll agree that at this point they have more functionality than us if you're into low-level coding and manually using specialized tools. We at Carista are working on adding more functionality, but we first have to make it meet our usability standards.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

Mr Carista - yah I know ! Just wanted to say that I like to see a bit of healthy competition.I've been using Vag-Com for a long time both personally and professionally.It's an excellent piece of software and I'm very happy with it.You sure have a lot of code to write to catch them.But so what ! You guys are going after the other end of the market where there are a lot of consumers who want to do more modest mods/monitoring, or simple "service reset" procedures.
By the way I hope that VW/Audi owners appreciate the fantastic access we can get to the modules on board - there are many.Try that with any other brand no matter how much cash you want to throw at it you're going to be disappointed.
Bonne Chance Carista
Old 01-23-2017, 11:25 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MurrayA4
Mr Carista - yah I know ! Just wanted to say that I like to see a bit of healthy competition.I've been using Vag-Com for a long time both personally and professionally.It's an excellent piece of software and I'm very happy with it.You sure have a lot of code to write to catch them.But so what ! You guys are going after the other end of the market where there are a lot of consumers who want to do more modest mods/monitoring, or simple "service reset" procedures.
By the way I hope that VW/Audi owners appreciate the fantastic access we can get to the modules on board - there are many.Try that with any other brand no matter how much cash you want to throw at it you're going to be disappointed.
Bonne Chance Carista
Yup, exactly!
Old 05-21-2018, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the dealer has updated my car to eliminate the "Service Due" message or something because I just did the oil change and reset the interval, but did not use the OBDEleven to turn it off the "Service Due" message.

Quick Reply: Service due!