Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

DIY Interior LED Kit from - DeAutoKey

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Interior LED Kit from - DeAutoKey

I recently received an interior LED kit from deautokey.com. Below is the details, hope it helps
(I used a small flat-head screwdriver to help me open all the covers)

1. For the front lights above the Driver and Passanger, open the sunglass holder and pull/remove the inner cover from the front side first

2. Then pull the cover from the rear side first all it should all come out.

3. Replace the bulbs, I didn't get to take a picture of the two front bulbs but they are push and twist in.

4. How it looks old bulb side by side and interior with the new bulbs

5. For the middle above the 2nd row open/pull from the long side (front & rear) till it comes out

6. Once you have it open twist remove the bulb housing from board and replace the bulb

7. Side by side of the original and LED bulb

8. For the 3rd from pull down from the rear side first, where the bulbs are located. Twist remove the bulb housing and replace the bulbs

9. Not a great pic but here is the rear with the LEDs

10. For all Trunk, Trunk Gate, Glove Box, Door Jam/Puddle bulb housings, there is a small slit in the middle of sides that indicate which side to pull down from. Each are different positioning.

11. When you have the bulb housing out disconnect it by lightly lefting the side clips. Be careful not to break them. One advice is to unclip the light housing quick as possble before the light has been on and the housing gets hot. Such as for or the Doors to remove both the Puddle and Door Jam housing one after the other fore they get to hot to work with.

12. Make sure when you put in the LED the SMD side faces the out towards the housing lens and not the back. You should be able to push the bulb out with your small screwdriver and then push the new LED in.

Here is some picture after install

Last edited by mikeboun; 08-15-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

They look great, thanks for the write up!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good write-up. Looks like you didn't use the vanity mirror bulbs? I couldn't figure out how to do those ones.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I too have been trying to figure out how to take that apart without damaging the whole mirror. Tried several times but gave up for the moment.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for this post... helped in taking the pieces off easily and minimize the chances of me breaking something! Love the lights and the install took less than 30 minutes. Huge upgrade!
Old 08-29-2014, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Canadian Lurker
Good write-up. Looks like you didn't use the vanity mirror bulbs? I couldn't figure out how to do those ones.
same here..most difficult light to figure out removal
Old 08-29-2014, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

I believe the vanity mirror bulbs to be a sealed unit. IE if they go out, you'll need to replace the visor. there doesn't seem to be any logical way into them without damaging.

Originally Posted by Bklyn_Quattro
same here..most difficult light to figure out removal
Old 08-29-2014, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Cassidy
I believe the vanity mirror bulbs to be a sealed unit. IE if they go out, you'll need to replace the visor. there doesn't seem to be any logical way into them without damaging.
I also think they're sealed for life, but it's nagging at me that they included the bulbs in their kit. Will have to find another use for the "extra bulbs".
Old 10-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the review, we are looking to becoming a forum sponsor and we will post your review.

Thanks again
Old 10-13-2015, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

I think LED's should be reserved for the exterior of the vehicle. That bright white light is not an inviting look. Soft warm light is best for interiors.

Quick Reply: DIY Interior LED Kit from - DeAutoKey