Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

First 1K done! Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First 1K done! Need advice

Hi all,
After a loooong wait, I finally got the Q7 a month ago (photos attached below). It is 3.0T Prestige, Black S-line and S-line+ with adaptive suspension with 1000 miles on it so far.

The experience has been every bit as advertised. I love the handling and it looks great. What's also great are the MMI options (though we have not fully explored all the options) and the fact that for 2015 they made the corner view cameras as a part of standard package.

A few questions (would very much appreciate your advice):
1) Should I buy the VCDS software? I should admit that I am not very good DIYer, so not sure if I would find it worth the cost.

2) How much pressure should I maintain in the tires?

3) There was an old thread that detailed all the options to connect different media devices into the MMI system. Can someone send me the link? For some reason, I am unable to find it again.

4) Are there engine issues/carbon build up I should worry about? I read that Audi has come a long way on this issue, but not sure if it still persists.

5) Regarding car wash, should I do it myself or do the normal car wash? I read in one of the threads that the commercial car wash is not that car-friendly.

6) Finally, I would appreciate any other tips, esp. regarding maintenance.

Thanks,
Attached Images     
Old 08-27-2014, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

1. if you don't plan to customize your vehicle, keep it long term or constantly fidget with it then the vagcom is not for you. any changes you want done that others have done the dealer will do (sometimes under warranty sometimes out of pocket)

2. i have 49psi in the same wheels... factory recommends (for the US) 44psi front and 49psi rear.

3. no idea.

4. yes. it's an issue... it's come a long way since the 4.2L FSI engines and major changes have been made however it will be an issue 25k miles or so down the road... nothing to worry about now and basically nothing you can do about it other than don't idle and don't use crap gas/oil.

5. pay for one very good detail, paint correction, cleaning. maintain yourself from them on by hand. think of it as paying for a cleaning at the dentist then brushing properly there on out...

6. follow routine maintenance schedules and you won't have issues with warranty or anything else... i like to add tire rotation to the mix although it is covered under 5k service many techs or dealers over look it... it will add life to your tires and keep them in check without feathering. (also i do cabin filters in-between recommended services only because i am weird.)
Old 09-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot for your advice. I appreciate it,
spider441