Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

My continuing saga against Audi Canada and their rust warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My continuing saga against Audi Canada and their rust warranty

Some of you may have read my post last year about my paint bubbling around the door handles caused by the unpainted screw holding the mechanism. Well spring is here, give a good cleaning to my Q7 and it looks horrible, the paint that was over the rust peeled off and Audi Canada tries to make me believe that it is paint chipping covered only over 4 years. What a total BS! The screw is obviously the problem since all 4 of my doors have developed the problem yet it's paint chipping. I'll let the pictures do the talking. So what do you guys think? Clearly I won't let Audi of Canada get away easily on that one. We pay a premium for a premium brand, well honour your warranty!
Attached Images      
Old 04-27-2015, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks to me like all four doors will need painting and that's if they can get a good match.

Good luck with it!
Old 04-27-2015, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I guess lava grey shouldn't be too hard to match. But my highland green allroad was really off, but it was pretty beaten up. Replace and repaint all 4 doors, the rear tailgate and repair the roof, Audi put more then 12k in that car, I guess they hate me for that.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know in the US the warranty only applies to perforation (i.e. it has to get bad enough to eat through the sheet metal). Is it different in Canada.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thats one big part of the problem, my allroad had perforation on all the doors. The roof however was a big bubble under the paint. The customer service rep I contacted for my Q7 the rust has to come from inside the metal, which is clearly the case here. But to my surprised he mentioned since I filed a claim it is unlikely they will cover future perforation on the doors since they consider it neglect. He told me I should have the doors repainted at my cost but told me by doing so it would void the corrosion warranty. I will do 2 estimates for repairs, one at the dealer and one at a certified body shop and file a formal notice telling Audi to honour their warranty and to stop being vague on the coverage. Hopefully that should resolve the situation.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi.

I've got the exact same problem with my '08. Especially around door handles.

First time I raised issue at dealer they said truck was re-painted; seems inconsistent given I bought it CPO and no accidents.

We should exchange info as I am escalating my claim as well. I'm in Ottawa.

Originally Posted by B490MTL
Some of you may have read my post last year about my paint bubbling around the door handles caused by the unpainted screw holding the mechanism. Well spring is here, give a good cleaning to my Q7 and it looks horrible, the paint that was over the rust peeled off and Audi Canada tries to make me believe that it is paint chipping covered only over 4 years. What a total BS! The screw is obviously the problem since all 4 of my doors have developed the problem yet it's paint chipping. I'll let the pictures do the talking. So what do you guys think? Clearly I won't let Audi of Canada get away easily on that one. We pay a premium for a premium brand, well honour your warranty!
Old 09-15-2016, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I traded my 07 for my TDI in april, but I can help you. Pm me
Old 10-12-2016, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm interested in this too. Have a spot on the door and a bit above the windshield. Not to mention the door sills.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Any progress?

What has become of your issue? I have a 2008 Q7 that is starting the same issue. I believe the same color as well. This is insane that we have to deal with this garbage from a "premium" car manufacturer. I am rethinking my brand choice.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello All,
I am a new member. I just want thank you in advance if you are able to assist me.
I'm near Toronto, Ontario. Going in circles with Audi Canada on honouring rust warranty.
First they agreed and offered 50% goodwill. Referred to third party shop by audi (seems in Toronto that is what they do). Shop advised that should get 100% coverage and wrong details given by corporate.
Now telling the time for honouring has lapsed.
Any advice please??