Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Our Q7 Replacement...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just built a fully loaded XC90 online for 63k. There is no way the new Audi Q7 fully loaded can beat that price point. Volvo wins.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by geng77
I just built a fully loaded XC90 online for 63k. There is no way the new Audi Q7 fully loaded can beat that price point. Volvo wins.
That's interesting. I came in just a hair under $66k with the most expensive options and packages ticked. While it's a bit of an apples to oranges comparison in terms of a new Volvo vs. a retiring Audi platform, I did the same thing with the current Q7 and you get to $80k for a loaded TDI prestige. If you stick to a 3.0T Premium Plus and tick all the options (except the silly off-road style package), you are right under $60k. I think the new Q7 and XC90 pricing are going to line up nearly atop each other for the most popular selling trims.

In any case, until the next gen Q7 is "buildable" online and you can side-by-side compare features (not to mention see one in the flesh), I think it's a bit of a moot point to try to declare a "winner". The XC90 does look like it is going to be an excellent value, but I'm still struggling with the super high strung 4 banger strategy.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by VAG-Fan1
If you stick to a 3.0T Premium Plus and tick all the options (except the silly off-road style package), you are right under $60k. I think the new Q7 and XC90 pricing are going to line up nearly atop each other for the most popular selling trims.
yeah but if you go to prestige and do the same you're over $75k.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
yeah but if you go to prestige and do the same you're over $75k.
I did make reference to that effect in my post (i.e. loaded TDI Prestige = $80k), and this is where I think Audi has lost their way a bit. Up to maybe $60k-$65k, it seems like the Q7 is appropriately priced for the equipment you get. Beyond those numbers, IMO, you should be getting a physically larger vehicle- similar to an M-B GL or Escalade....
Old 02-19-2015, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Unless the quality of the interior is better now... Volvo's interior quality

was really inferior to the Q7 when I got my 08. I've could gotten a V8 XC90 for $38k compared to $50k 3.6L premium.
The new one does look nice, the old one was much smaller than the Q7.

Cheers,

Louis
Old 07-06-2015, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a moment to go play around with one of these today and I am in love...

Old 07-07-2015, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice real world pics. Almost too "real" though in that it looks like it gets demo'd a fair bit and isn't routinely detailed, at least befitting the roped off status (plastic chain) it's getting at the dealer lot there. Don't touch it! You might leave finger prints or dust on it or actually open the door and soil the piano black trim!

All kidding aside (I realize they are trying maintain the hype machine), as nice as the interior looks to be executed in most areas, there are a few things that are a bit out of place to me. It looks like there are a few early teething pains on trim fits/gaps/finishes and the trim pc around the TFT instrument display makes it look like they could have fit a much larger display in there but didn't- guessing that's more of an optical illusion.

Still a pretty nice total package worth strong consideration....
Old 07-07-2015, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I drove one at a special event and they are sweet. The only issue I have is they dont offer diesel in the US and tow capacity is bad. But if you dont care about those things it's a nice vehicle. Apparently next year it will get an upgraded engine capable of towing 7K per the representative.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

all i can say is.. wow...
Old 07-07-2015, 02:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I know it's a non-trivial cleaning task, but the picture of the touch-screen is precisely the reason why touch-screens, IMO, are not such a great idea.

I prefer the airplane-cockpit-multiple-buttons-for-everything approach.......

Quick Reply: Our Q7 Replacement...