Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Question Regarding Keys/Seat Memory

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question Regarding Keys/Seat Memory

My wife is the primary driver of our car. When she opens the car using her keys, the seat automatically adjusts to her.

The audi dealer told me that when I use my set of keys, the seat won't automatically adjust to me b/c the system is only programmed to do that for one set of keys. Is that true? In other words, do I have to push Memory "2" on the door every time I get in?

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My fathers A8 has key-less entry, the individual keys set the seats to the individual memorized position. If you have programmable seats then I would have thought that it would do the same. Try unlocking the car with your key, then set the seat to how you want it then press the memory button "#2", you might have to have the key in the ignition switched to position 2. Jump out and lock the car. Open it with your wife's key so it sets its self to her position, lock it again. then try your key, hopefully it should return to your setting. I would have thought this would be detailed in your hand book.

hope this is of use

steve
Old 10-12-2012, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure your key has memory active via MMI.
The seat memory position 1 and 2 give two options for each key and each seat, not 1 for one key and 2 for the other key.
As Steve points out you have to unlock with your key to use the functions (if active) for your key. The radio, temp, mirrors, seat, steering wheel (if electric) and transmission are all set per key. To save the settings/adjustments for your key just use it to lock the car.

It may be that you haver the same settings in both keys. Lock with key-1/ open with key-2/ make changes/ lock with key-2/ open with key-1 settings should revert to key-1.

You can even adjust the reversing kerbside mirror dip setting per key. Adjust setting while in reverse with **** turned to that mirror. Setting adjustment should just save for that key.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

To be honest its the one thing I wish our Q7 had, as my wife's driving position is totally diff to mine. its so handy to have. even if it was the basic memory seat function so we could set the seat via the memory buttons only. I wonder if the mem function could be retro fitted, or if I could get the module and buttons then fit them in, we have the sline sport seats?
Old 10-13-2012, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry Steve I dont get your question at the end.
I have a 2006 (MY2007) EU spec Q7 with S-Line and sports seats so the spec is virtually identical to yours and I have it.
What do I have different Audo dimming mirrors?
Do you have the button panel on the doors for seat memory?
Remember key memory functions have to be active via MMI first.
I thought it was standard in all Q7s... I've had mine so long I've forgotten.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
sorry Steve I dont get your question at the end.
I have a 2006 (MY2007) EU spec Q7 with S-Line and sports seats so the spec is virtually identical to yours and I have it.
What do I have different Audo dimming mirrors?
Do you have the button panel on the doors for seat memory?
Remember key memory functions have to be active via MMI first.
I thought it was standard in all Q7s... I've had mine so long I've forgotten.
We have the auto dimming mirrors, I think the memory seat function was an option, or part of a pack. We don't have the buttons on the door card :-(.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have a q7 premium plus. Other than the seat/mirrors, how is the radio and A/C actually tied to keys? When I use my keys, my wife's Radio presets still come up.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

hunh, my understanding was that the memory buttons and the keys were independent. That is, the key remembers the settings at the time you last locked the door with that key and the memory buttons are just the memory buttons - seems to be that way in my cars at least, but I'll check now to see if I get different memory button settings with each key.

And the radio presets are the radio presets, independent of the keys. The settings the key captures are the radio station, volume, A/C settings (seat heat too I think) and seat and mirror settings when you lock the care with one of the keys; then when use that key again, all the settings go back to the same as when you last locked the car.

I'll RTFM again, and update with corrections.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'd love to add the memory seats to my Audi 2010 Q7 Sline. What would be my chances in getting this to work if I found working memory seats say at a wreckers could I add them to the car?

Possible? (Assume I can reprogram the car)
Old 07-25-2016, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazari99
My wife is the primary driver of our car. When she opens the car using her keys, the seat automatically adjusts to her.
which year do you have? key profiles were found in 2012+ models (IIRC). it profile should be stored with each key. so if your wife uses the car in the morning all her settings load and if you use your key and go to the car in the afternoon all your settings would load.

Quick Reply: Question Regarding Keys/Seat Memory