Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Upgrading the steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading the steering wheel

I really like the design of the flat bottom steering wheel, but was wondering if they were compatible and has anyone fitted one to their Q7 (2006-2010 model)

One of these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-AU...item2ec31d7f49

It has all the same buttons on it (volume, mode, etc) so should be a straight swap but don't want to mess anything up. Plus I'd like to see if anyone has done it and if they had pics it would be great to see what it looks like
Old 04-02-2013, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have not fitted the flat bottom steering wheel but I did fit the 3 spoke w/ paddle steering wheel. to enable the paddles you have to VagCom it.

Originally Posted by scottr13
I really like the design of the flat bottom steering wheel, but was wondering if they were compatible and has anyone fitted one to their Q7 (2006-2010 model)

One of these

It has all the same buttons on it (volume, mode, etc) so should be a straight swap but don't want to mess anything up. Plus I'd like to see if anyone has done it and if they had pics it would be great to see what it looks like
Old 04-02-2013, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

be aware it uses a different air bag to the 3 spoke s line wheel, just did one for a customer.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of these

i'm about to install a new flat bottom wheel tomorrow and will post pics afterwards. look up Europrice on the forums; Alex is the contact and provides superb service
Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by xlr8it
be aware it uses a different air bag to the 3 spoke s line wheel, just did one for a customer.
Originally Posted by Bklyn_Quattro
i'm about to install a new flat bottom wheel tomorrow and will post pics afterwards. look up Europrice on the forums; Alex is the contact and provides superb service

Yeah but isn't it the same rear cartridge and plugs? Was it a straight forward swap when you done it or did you have to cut and join airbag plugs?

Originally Posted by xlr8it
Originally Posted by arp2nr
I have not fitted the flat bottom steering wheel but I did fit the 3 spoke w/ paddle steering wheel. to enable the paddles you have to VagCom it.
My car has the paddles already so not a problem
Old 04-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Don't ask how I managed that below lol, I have no idea and don't see an edit button to change it.

The first reply is to xlr8it

and the bottom reply is to arp2nr
Old 04-09-2013, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the plugs are interchangeable at the back of the air bag, no need to cut, but the shape of the air bag is different to the s-line three spoke wheel.
Don't ask how I managed that below lol, I have no idea and don't see an edit button to change it.

The first reply is to xlr8it

and the bottom reply is to arp2nr
Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Apologies in advance for the low res iPhone pics; better ones to follow soon after a full detail.
Attached Images  
Old 05-15-2013, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Another pic. Post facelift shift **** and V12 pedal set installed also.
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
JAHWORKS (06-21-2020)
Old 05-16-2013, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice S. wheel..... is it Heated ? how much did u pay ?

Quick Reply: Upgrading the steering wheel