Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

V12 Style LED DRL/Turn Indicator w/ Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

D3. Did you ever resolve the issue with the codes? I was thinking about purchasing these for my 2008 to go with my recently upgraded grille to complete the look.
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2016, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm going to reinstall these when I get time. My conclusion for the codes that were being thrown was actually not from the LEDs like I thought, the codes were actually from the cold weather. because after I un-installed the LEDs, and cleared faults, the faults came back. My MMI system wouldn't turn on and such. now that it's warmed up none of the codes have returned. when I re-install these, I will make a video.

I like your facelift grille. you should definitely purchase these LEDs, they do look good, keep in mind they are a little bluer than the OEM LEDs Audi uses. they still look really good at night, especially at night in traffic

Also, you should do a projector retrofit for your H7 lowbeam. then you could buy some good quality HIDs and have a nice clear cutoff line so there is no glare. the HIDs could then match the color of the LEDs.

here's a video of someone retrofitting a Morimoto Mini H1 projector:

here are pictures of the cutoff line of the Mini H1 Projector. if I had halogen lights, this is exactly the route I would go.

another cool thing you could do is put Sylvania Super Bright LEDs in your rear turn signals like I did. they are way brighter than the stock halogen, and I'd venture to say that they are brighter than stock LED.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

You're making me out to be a liar. I just told the wife yesterday that after the LED strips and wheels, that I am done with the mods. I'm adding these to the bottom of the list but don't tell her even though it's her car.

Last edited by 968racer; 03-14-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

hahaha.. the LED rear turn signal setup only cost me $35. plus, the added safety of LED turn signals is worth it. you can tell your wife the mods you wanna do are "for safety reasons" to keep her safe. there's ways around everything what car do you drive? Porsche 968?
Old 03-14-2016, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had a 968 about 20 years ago and always kept the name for forums to help me remember. I have a BMW 330Ci with a manual transmission for sunny days and a MDX for rain and winter.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

nice! the 968 was a cool car in its day, still pretty cool today too.. I need to get myself a sunny day car. I'd love to get a Nogaro Blue B5 S4 someday. How does the reliability of the MDX compare to Q7?

BTW when you install the LEDs on the Q7, make sure you add pics to this thread!
Old 03-14-2016, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Reliability is about the same. Ironically, I had to replace the passenger mirror motors/actuators on both the MDX and Q7. The MDX does seem to have a bit more quarky things electrically that can happen once a year or so and be fine the other 99.9% of the time or never come back. The Q has better seats comfort wise and is just an all around superior car to drive. So solid. I do feel like the MDX has a bit better AWD system but I can complain about the Q7. I do have Q7 SUV envy but the BMW makes me forget that when I'm driving. I've also thought about trading in the MDX for a Q7 but think I'm going to wait until the kids are a little bit bigger and get an A6 or a Cayenne.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I find the Q7 to be quite reliable (knock on wood), it's a good car. I like the new MDX. it reminds me of a japenese designed Q7. lol. The Cayenne is gorgeous, they share a lot of components with the Q7. brakes, platform, etc.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by D3Audi
I find the Q7 to be quite reliable (knock on wood), it's a good car. I like the new MDX. it reminds me of a japenese designed Q7. lol. The Cayenne is gorgeous, they share a lot of components with the Q7. brakes, platform, etc.
Consumer reports put both together on top for reliability. I'm not a fan of the new MDX but have always thought that the design of the previous generation gen 2 (which is what I have) reminds me of the Q7 as well. Just doesn't drive as well or feel as solid. I almost bought a Cayenne but logic set in because we were about to have our third child and really needed the third row. I didn't consider the Q7 at the time because I just ***-umed that they weren't reliable.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Mud Season