Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Wheel Spacers for my Q7

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Spacers for my Q7

I am about to buy H&R spaceres, 23mm rear and 14mm front. What do you guys think about this combination? wheels are 20'' and tires 275x45x20. Any suggestions? Is this going to look good? Any pics?

Thanks

Pic of my Q7:
Old 06-30-2011, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

I put 15 mm front and 18mm rear with the oem 21" s line wheels.

I could have gone for more and I'm disappointed that I didn't ., I think you should be able to go 20 mm front and 23 mm rear no problem.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets see some pics! This will help myself and others decide on the different sizes H&R makes.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i posted photos in other wheel spacer / fitment threads.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iconoclast
i posted photos in other wheel spacer / fitment threads.
Icono, thanks I have seen them. Nice!!

Hasser, can you post some pics?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received H&R spacers 14 mm front and 23 mm rear, great price for spacers on ESC Tuning website... waiting for Q to get back from service so I can install these, will post up pics!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default H&R Sport Springs & Spacers

I have the 20" OEM 5 spoke S-Line wheels, and just had the H&R sport springs and spacers installed 2 days ago. Went 23mm on rear and 14mm on front and think it's the perfect fit. Combined with the 1.5" lower ride from the springs, the Q7 now looks "right". But that's my opinion anyways. Pics below...
Attached Images      
Old 07-10-2011, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by askered
I have the 20" OEM 5 spoke S-Line wheels, and just had the H&R sport springs and spacers installed 2 days ago. Went 23mm on rear and 14mm on front and think it's the perfect fit. Combined with the 1.5" lower ride from the springs, the Q7 now looks "right". But that's my opinion anyways. Pics below...
Really nice and totally proportioned.....good job. A few questions, how is the ride with those springs compared to OE and what size tires do have on those 20x9's?
Old 07-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default H&R Sport Springs & Spacers

Originally Posted by 1Hondalover
Really nice and totally proportioned.....good job. A few questions, how is the ride with those springs compared to OE and what size tires do have on those 20x9's?
Thanks. Originally I tried the 18mm on the front but it had a little poke and was out of proportion. I'm convinced that with this OEM wheel (9 x 20 et 60), the 23mm rear and 14mm front fits like a glove if you don't have the rubber S-Line fender extensions.

Tires are stock size 275/45/20. Model is Hankook Ventus AS (all season), and it's not a fully square shouldered tire like high-performance. I bought this CPO Q7 from a local dealer and they put these on as part of the CPO process. Not my top pick if I was buying tires, but all in all they look/ride OK. A more square shouldered tire would likely creep the tire out a few more millimeters.

The ride with the H&R Sport Springs is definitely different. I've read other posts that refer to them as "bouncy" but I don't feel that's an accurate description. I would call it "firmly planted" and feels more like what you would expect on a performance-oriented sedan or wagon. Yes, you will definitely feel more of the road but coming from an A6 4.2 with OEM sport springs, I'm comfortable with it. The Q now has a lower center of gravity and doesn't pitch and roll as much around corners. Most people don't buy the Q to go off-roading, so the 1.5" lower ride height shouldn't be issue for most owners. It's definitely easier to get kids in and out of car seats and load the back now. All in all I think that for the money ($499 springs and about 4 hours labor) this is a no-brainer mod for every Q owner. From a visual standpoint it fills the wheel wells perfectly and from a performance perspective it makes the Q handle more like a sport sedan. All this said, it's important to remember that all of my feedback is based on running the 20" wheel with 45 sidewall. I'm considering the OEM 21" and Hartmann (replica) 22" wheels as a second set with summer tires, and I'm sure the lower profile sidewall on either of these options will affect the ride. Will post more feedback once these mods are complete.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

for 23mm did you change to wheel studs or retain the wheels bolts? are there going to be any issues with wheel bearings crapping-out with nearly an inch of spacer? did you get an alignment afterwards or is it not necessary?

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers for my Q7