Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Cargo system availabilty

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 10:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo system availabilty

Has anyone in the US been able to acquire this cargo system:

I'm getting sick of having things slide around in the back and would love to have this in my car but I can't seem to find it available for sale anywhere.

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wish US edition had those rails to lift up the cover. ours already scratched the hell out of the fabric when wife was trying to close it and didn't realize there were lower rails to grab.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yea I was just going say, that lift rail for the privacy cover is way cooler than the compartments. Although those deck rails look cool, I'm imagining pickup rail cleats for them for more tie down options!
Old 09-30-2016, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the UK, this is packaged up with the Advanced Key. Coming from the old X5, it's a really good solution.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

@jjolly

Not really as sturdy or as permanent, but I've used this simple organizer (Amazon Link) in my 2 cars and been really happy with it. The bottom is "rubberized" non-slip material preventing it from sliding. The dividers are adjustable with velcro. Not really on par with what you're looking for, but it's a simple inexpensive and effective solution to prevent stuffs from sliding around. What's really nice about it is when you need to drop off your car for service, etc. you just put all your stuff (and junk) in here and move it to the loaner / rental car.

Old 10-01-2016, 01:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Not the answer you're looking for, but... I never use the 3rd row seats, so I pretty much figured having fancy electric activation of them was a waste for me. Until I discovered the if something in the back slid up against the back of the 2nd row, I could use those switches to tilt the 3rd row up 45 degrees and slide the item back down within my reach. Comes in handy.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM
wish US edition had those rails to lift up the cover. ours already scratched the hell out of the fabric when wife was trying to close it and didn't realize there were lower rails to grab.
I think I need a tutorial on how to use trunk privacy cover. I already scratched the fabric using it twice. Fail. See pic.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by diffuser
I think I need a tutorial on how to use trunk privacy cover. I already scratched the fabric using it twice. Fail. See pic.
Oh and also, while pulling the cover to close, I keep snagging the 3rd row seat belts ! Ugh.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by diffuser
Oh and also, while pulling the cover to close, I keep snagging the 3rd row seat belts ! Ugh.
3rd row belts have a hook that will prevent that. Otherwise just stay low towards the rails to prevent those frabric scrapes

Last edited by PROEDGEBIKER.COM; 10-01-2016 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM
The US Q7 doesn't have them? That seems crazy since my 2012 A4 Avant has them, and I would imagine bunches of other Audis here have them as well.

Quick Reply: Cargo system availabilty