Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Dealer forgot Black optic

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer forgot Black optic

So my dealer contacts me today and tells me that my audi is ready for collection next week. I made some last minute changes including adding the black optic package. So there I was for the last 2 months searching for as many pictures as I could find of Audi Q7s with black optic package. My dealer then sends me an email this morning to tell me that he did not notice that his contact at the audi center did not add the black optic pack.

So my Q7 will be without the BOP. What to do? I cant wait another 3 or 4 months to re-do the order.

Is there any good way to get the BOP done after delivery?
Old 08-25-2016, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gani
So my dealer contacts me today and tells me that my audi is ready for collection next week. I made some last minute changes including adding the black optic package. So there I was for the last 2 months searching for as many pictures as I could find of Audi Q7s with black optic package. My dealer then sends me an email this morning to tell me that he did not notice that his contact at the audi center did not add the black optic pack.

So my Q7 will be without the BOP. What to do? I cant wait another 3 or 4 months to re-do the order.

I would cancel the order and then re-order. If you were set on the black optics and you don't get it, you will always kick yourself...I know I would. Getting it after the fact would probably cost a fortune and would likely have to be done aftermarket, not at a dealer.

Your dealer didn't pay attention to the one thing most Audi buyers insist - ATTENTION TO DETAIL. "Not noticing that his contact failed" on your order is no excuse - he should have caught it if he's worth his salt as a sales person.

Reorder or perhaps your dealer can find you another - where are you located?
Old 08-25-2016, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Anything is possible if you are wiling to spend a lot of money to do it.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Or, you could use this as leverage to get more discounts and freebies. It all boils down to how important the BOP is to you. If you will be happy without it, then use this dealer mistake to your advantage by asking for compensation in the form of discounts and/or freebies.

Otherwise, as a poster above said, reject this delivery and order another one.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

My original order went thru without Active Suspension and no black headliner. It was found when I requested my VIN after the production was completed and it was on the boat. They went to Audi and got an additional build to rectify my order and it allowed me to add Black Optic (which just became available). So it was a 3 month delay but I'm getting the car I wanted.

Additionally besides my order I remember reading here that there was a bunch of orders that went thru earlier this year where options were dropped.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lookout57
My original order went thru without Active Suspension and no black headliner. It was found when I requested my VIN after the production was completed and it was on the boat. They went to Audi and got an additional build to rectify my order and it allowed me to add Black Optic (which just became available). So it was a 3 month delay but I'm getting the car I wanted.

Additionally besides my order I remember reading here that there was a bunch of orders that went thru earlier this year where options were dropped.
Amazingly my order got something added to it. (RSE Prep)
Old 08-25-2016, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an A6 a few years ago and "added" the black optics after the fact with a vinyl wrap. On the plus side, it looked great - as good, if not better, than the factory Audi version. The one thing I did not find out until it was done, however, was that it really couldn't go through a car wash - even a touchless one - so it required a lot of work and winter gear to keep it even somewhat clean during the winter. If I lived in the South, I would consider it again. I think it cost about $700 for the window trim and the front grill. I didn't do the door handles on the A6.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So we have gone back and forth. We ordered a BOP Glacier White with adaptive chassis and the build date is not March of 2017. So it might be a few more months than you expect.

We were set on BOP and saw a dealer had done a BOP and it looked awesome. I actually liked it better. Both my wife and I have decided to forgo the BOP on our order and take one without it and are going to powder coat the wheels, do the window surround and then do the front grill.

I have priced the full BOP after market which also includes tinting the lights in the back and it is running over $4k. So, if you take off the powder coating and light tinting then it might be somewhere around $3k.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by anevares
So we have gone back and forth. We ordered a BOP Glacier White with adaptive chassis and the build date is not March of 2017. So it might be a few more months than you expect.

We were set on BOP and saw a dealer had done a BOP and it looked awesome. I actually liked it better. Both my wife and I have decided to forgo the BOP on our order and take one without it and are going to powder coat the wheels, do the window surround and then do the front grill.

I have priced the full BOP after market which also includes tinting the lights in the back and it is running over $4k. So, if you take off the powder coating and light tinting then it might be somewhere around $3k.
Those are crazy prices considering that theBOP here costs about $800.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Those are crazy prices considering that theBOP here costs about $800.
Options done at the factory on the assembly line are always a fraction of what it costs to add them afterward. The labor cost difference alone is huge.

Quick Reply: Dealer forgot Black optic