Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Factory jack placemenet

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Factory jack placemenet

I opened up my wife's Q7 trunk floor compartment cover and found the jack (with a bag) not attached to anything in the compartment. No wonder I have been hearing noises. How's everyone's jack stored? I seem to have difficulty to find a proper place to secure the factory jack.....
Old 02-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Bose 3D surround sound option and I have not found a place to store the jack other than sitting in the trunk itself - very annoying.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you guys have the foam piece in the trunk that holds the tools as seen in this parts diagram for a 2016 Q7? Curious why your 2017 Q7's jack is just sitting loose in the trunk.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by plat27265
Do you guys have the foam piece in the trunk that holds the tools as seen in this parts diagram for a 2016 Q7? Curious why your 2017 Q7's jack is just sitting loose in the trunk.
I think they removed the part when they installed the Bose stereo equipment. Only the tools fit.
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2016, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by yungichu
I think they removed the part when they installed the Bose stereo equipment. Only the tools fit.
I am stumped. That's ridiculous! Someone in Audi forgot the jack when they finally figured out how to fit the Bose system under the trunk floor. The Q7 is a full size SUV that costs upwards of $60K. It is difficult to believe that Audi could not find a proper place for the jack in the trunk. I don't know what to say.

Do I see an air compressor and a can of tire sealant in your photo? That might answer the reason why the jack does not have a place in the trunk of the Q7. Audi probably feels that anyone with a flat tire would use the tire sealant and compressor vs. the spare tire and jack.

Last edited by plat27265; 02-08-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by plat27265
Do I see an air compressor and a can of tire sealant in your photo? Maybe a jack is not designed to be in a Q7 if it is equipped with the things I just mentioned.
I was thinking of the same thing. but, the jack was in the truck when I picked up the car from the dealer, and the jack was mentioned in the section "how to change tire"...? There is no spare tire and it has run flats.. so maybe I'll just leave the jack at home.. a bit scary on a road trip without a jack if you know what I mean.

Last edited by yungichu; 02-08-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by yungichu
I was thinking of the same thing. but, the jack was in the truck when I picked up the car from the dealer, and the jack was mentioned in the section "how to change tire"...? There is no spare tire and it has run flats.. so maybe I'll just leave the jack at home.. a bit scary on a road trip without a jack if you know what I mean.
Yes, that explains it. If your car has run-flats, air compressor, and tire sealant then the jack is no longer required. There's no spare tire anyway. Leave the jack at home. It is just sad about the wasted piece of metal that is the jack. Audi should have left it out.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:33 PM
mbr
AudiWorld Member

The jack is a no cost option, so I suppose Audi does not expect anyone to use it because if it actually had some value, I am sure they would have charged for it. Without a spare, the jack really has no use on the road, so store it in the garage. You can use it to rotate your tires or if you live in a part of the country where you need snow tires, you can use it to swap out summer and winter wheels/tires. At least it comes in a bag to keep the dust off when stored in the corner of the garage!

Last edited by mbr; 02-10-2016 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

So even the 19" tires are run flats as well? I wonder why Audi put a jack in the trunk next to the subwoofer where the BOSE unit is, in the above photo.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have a wild guess that it has something to do with DOT regulations on new vehicles for sale in the US. Otherwise, there is really no reason why Audi would supply a jack if the car is equipped with run-flat tires and a tire inflator kit. There no place to secure a jack in the trunk.

Quick Reply: Factory jack placemenet