Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Here's a handy tire repair kit to go with the 21" regular tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Here's a handy tire repair kit to go with the 21" regular tires

I'll probably carry this along with the fix-a-flat, jack and electric pump on trips where I need more cargo space and can't bring along a full size spare tire:

ARB Speedy Seal Tire Puncture Repair Kit - 10000010

Then again, I may get that Yakima roof basket with spare tire holder for longer trips in rural areas. I've seen a few X5 owners with a spare on the roof and it gives it a rugged "on safari" look.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Amazon sells it, too, if you want free shipping but don't mind paying an extra 2 cents

https://www.amazon.com/ARB-10000010-...ds=speedy+seal
Old 09-26-2016, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul3.2A4avant
I'll probably carry this along with the fix-a-flat, jack and electric pump on trips where I need more cargo space and can't bring along a full size spare tire:

ARB Speedy Seal Tire Puncture Repair Kit - 10000010

Then again, I may get that Yakima roof basket with spare tire holder for longer trips in rural areas. I've seen a few X5 owners with a spare on the roof and it gives it a rugged "on safari" look.
Lol - a $70K+ car hauling a spare tire on the roof. Rugged looking? C'mon...I'm just going to call roadside assist and have them make it right; but if that's what you want, go for it!
Old 09-26-2016, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2 cars with no spare (and no run flat) equipped with the following:

Slime 7-minute Flat Tire Repair Kit

Haven't had the need for it #crossingfingers.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by zekeman
Lol - a $70K+ car hauling a spare tire on the roof. Rugged looking? C'mon...I'm just going to call roadside assist and have them make it right; but if that's what you want, go for it!
The last time I used roadside assistance I could have changed the oil, filter and all 4 tires by the time they appeared, and that was in the Boston area. I wonder how long it takes them to get to northern Maine?

I still think the lack of a spare tire is a big design/engineering failure in an otherwise fantastic vehicle.

Last edited by Paul3.2A4avant; 09-26-2016 at 11:51 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Paul3.2A4avant:
Lucci (03-10-2021), Pale Rider (03-09-2021)
Old 09-26-2016, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

I still think the lack of a spare tire is a big design/engineering failure in an otherwise fantastic vehicle.
Agreed. However, more and more car manufacturers are deleting spare tire.

Looking at the bright side, no spare tire --> reduce weight --> better fuel efficiency
Old 09-26-2016, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My $77,000 Corvette doesn't have a spare either, but my 2001 Ford Ranger does!
Old 09-26-2016, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Now you have me thinking about roadside assistance...

When roadside assistance arrives, they will:

- Offer to change the tire for you, if your $70K vehicle came with a spare tire.

- Wish they brought along an assortment of 19", 20" & 21" oddball size tires that fit the Q7 along with tire mounting and balancing equipment.

- Decide the best option is to transport you, the disabled Q7, your wife, kids, dog and gear to the nearest Audi dealer and dump everything there. At least when they open the following morning they will give you a loaner car until your backordered tire comes in.

I used to think that having to inflate the spare in my allroad was inconvenient but no spare could be far worse.
The following users liked this post:
Pale Rider (03-09-2021)
Old 03-08-2021, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A skate is not optional

The last time I used roadside assistance I could have changed the oil, filter and all 4 tires by the time they appeared, and that was in the Boston area. I wonder how long it takes them to get to northern Maine?

I agree with you. A spare is not optional. It’s a safety issue as well. Audi cheaped out bland avoid costs, weight and design creativity by simply skipping over a spare. I won’t buy another Audi for this reason and the fact the battery too was inappropriately stuffed where I can’t replace it easily and moved out of the engine compartment. Crazy idiot engineering.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:56 AM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeman

Haha ..good luck with that if your driving through a desolate area or if you're in a snow storm.
You could be waiting hours and encounter far more dangers because you're too pompous to carry a spare with you.
God forbid you bust a rim.
The following users liked this post:
Lucci (03-10-2021)

Quick Reply: Here's a handy tire repair kit to go with the 21" regular tires