Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink

Has anyone programmed their homelink in the car to open an automatic driveway gate? If so, I could really use some good instructions.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can't attest to the gate, but HomeLink was the only way I was able to get my garage door opener to sinc. If you have not looked there, that is where I would start.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to get the car to know the key. Go to MMi car settings and homelink. It guides you through. Hold key fob pointed at rear view mirror until you see blinkers and lights flashing. Then you need to go outside and press set on your car door opener and go back to car within about 30s and press the number you programmed (guide said press twice, didnt work for me had to hold for a few seconds twice ) It takes a few times. Also check from manufacturers page which door lifters are compatible. My door was compatible but old key fob not. Had to order newer key fob.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I went to program our gate for our community I could not get it to work. I had been using a 'replacement' remote to try and do the programming. On a hunch I tracked down an original remote - not a learning remote - and that worked the first time I tried.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we are SOL with our community's gate. it has some sort of code that will not allow HL to grab it. I have spoken to the Gate Service people that were fixing it a couple days ago and he said its impossible for our hood to do it.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My homelink garage opening is my wife and eventually the kid when he's older since I am holding the steering wheel
Old 10-28-2016, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I programmed the 3 buttons to my 3 Chamberlain garage openers in 5 minutes. For 2 of them, it required activating a program feature on the garage opener by selecting the option on the wall remote control. Not sure why the 3rd just got programmed without the program feature activated.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I did it his last night. Really odd, it took several tries for the Audi to detect the remote signal, it seemed to work closer to the roof than the mirror. Then since it was a rolling code I had to make garage learn the Audi....took probably 10 tries each for the Audi to detect the remote for both garage doors I have.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ALL - I think the oroginal question was for a gate not the house garage
Old 11-01-2016, 07:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Garage and gate remote opening work on the same technology so there is absolutely no reason lessons from one wouldn't apply to the other. Either way if one can get the model of the gate/garage then maybe someone can look up the manual on how to link it up.

Quick Reply: Homelink