Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

How is the AC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How is the AC?

Now that summer is here I wanted to know how the AC in the new Q7 is.Do you guys think its powerful enough to cool the passenger volume fast enough?I have always felt that German cars AC sucked compared to the Japanese brands.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cukoodukoo
Now that summer is here I wanted to know how the AC in the new Q7 is.Do you guys think its powerful enough to cool the passenger volume fast enough?I have always felt that German cars AC sucked compared to the Japanese brands.
We think it is powerful enough. My wife actually has to turn off the 2nd row AC vents when she sits behind me, she said the air from the front is cold enough.

It is the same as my old Acura and Land Rover, and it is way more powerful than our other Mazda. The Mazda has the weakest AC we have ever experienced.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

It's fine. Was in the high 90s and sunny here in chicago this past weekend. Q7 was ice cold and comfortable for all passengers within 15 minutes of starting the car, even in the 3rd row where there are no vents. I had the 4-zone set between 68-70 up front and 66 for the rears and just leave it in auto all the time. With a car full of passengers the AC fans do stay on at high speed and are somewhat loud, especially the 2nd row vents on the B-pillar which you can easily hear from the driver's seat. Nothing that some music can easily drown out though, and it's not bad enough that it affects listening/talking on phone conversations via the MMI through bluetooth HFP. Once the temps stabilize, the fans do quiet down, and this happens sooner when the car is not fully loaded with 6-7 passengers. The huge sunroof does allow the all-black interior to bake in the sun though and it's super hot when I first step in after being parked outside in the heat, so it's always important for me to remember to close the roof's fabric sun shade and raise the 2nd row door side shades to cut down on heat build-up. The AC is easily better than in our old SQ5, which in my opinion had a weak AC system. What I love most about the Q7's AC system on a hot day is that it disables the engine auto-start-stop system
Old 07-01-2016, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larryV
With a car full of passengers the AC fans do stay on at high speed and are somewhat loud, especially the 2nd row vents on the B-pillar which you can easily hear from the driver's seat.
I figured out that if you put the AC system into recirculation mode then the noise from the fans isn't as bad and the fan speed seems to slow down. Seems as if the ram air from driving at speed is forcing more air into the cabin.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Good to hear. The AC in prior model Q7 was barely adequate.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi i am new to the audi forums and i just want to learn how to create a post so i could ask someone how to help fix my car
Old 07-01-2016, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hot as hell right now in FL and I crank the hell out of the AC. It's very loud IMO but it works! however, I hate that I have to hit the circulate button every time I restart the car although I have it set up in the MMI (I think) to recirculate.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by carlsanders101
hi i am new to the audi forums and i just want to learn how to create a post so i could ask someone how to help fix my car
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/new...-tips-2889246/
Old 07-01-2016, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

AC is excellent. If anything I find that it blows a little too hard sometimes. But I would much rather be surprised it is 95 and I have the AC set at 74 vs having it at 65 all the time
Old 07-02-2016, 07:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM
Hot as hell right now in FL and I crank the hell out of the AC. It's very loud IMO but it works! however, I hate that I have to hit the circulate button every time I restart the car although I have it set up in the MMI (I think) to recirculate.
Just picked up my car last night and loving it. The drive is really the epitome of luxury. Anyway, I did notice that the AC is also strong and loud on the lowest setting. A few times I found myself trying to lower the fan speed not really from the temp but the noise. At one point I heard some wind noise from the windshield area and started to turn off systems to hear it better and it stopped when I turned off the AC. When I turned it back on again the noise was not there. I also think I had to hit the Sync button every time I started the car. That is annoying as well. That should be saved on exit I think.

Quick Reply: How is the AC?