Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

SQ7 Virtual Cockpit

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SQ7 Virtual Cockpit

Would love to see if there is a program that would allow his tach option on my Q7.

Old 07-27-2016, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KB22
Would love to see if there is a program that would allow his tach option on my Q7.

Agreed. Time to start hacking around.....
Old 08-15-2016, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Funny, I drifted over and signed up because I'm holding out for the SQ7 release.

The car I'd be swapping for would be my 2014 Cayenne Diesel, which has an analog tach, smack in the middle of the dash. Helpful for my 911 of course, but absolutely useless in my CD with a 4,500 rpm redline and lazy 8 speed auto.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The VC for SQ7 is a different part number to the normal Q7 VC so its probably got different firmware to display like that as a result. Audi link the firmware to the part numbers
Old 09-29-2017, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

bumping this from the dead. found this on youtube, put the description through google translate. from what it says they were able to turn on the sport mode from the sq7 on a regular q7 VC.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by erwheezy
bumping this from the dead. found this on youtube, put the description through google translate. from what it says they were able to turn on the sport mode from the sq7 on a regular q7 VC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTuiyRAf1yY
Maybe the OP is in Russia so no translation necessary.

Why do people think that firmware/software is the same around the world?
Old 09-29-2017, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DB22
Maybe the OP is in Russia so no translation necessary.

Why do people think that firmware/software is the same around the world?

Provided zero insight on the topic bud. Why are you so hung up on where people are located, I’ve seen a bunch of your posts and they’re all sly remarks on how location isn’t discused in every post. Why do you think that audi has different Q7 clusters depending on the region. Seems more cost effective to have the differences be hardware rather than software.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

EDIT: Tried this and got the "normal" SQ7 dials but not the "special" SQ7 VC like we all hope (and not like in the video).

I do not take any responsibility for this info since I haven't tried it but I remebered that there was some talk about this in an UK forum. Managed to track it down but not much talk about it.

I've found what to change to get the VC to display SQ7 dials
In module 17 go into long coding
Then change vehicle variant to "derivative 2"
Apply changes
Come out of long coding
Choose reset
Then hard reset
BUT it may work only with certain software version

I suspect this is down to firmware as I'm 99% sure if you aren't version 0300 or higher on the Vc cockpit (not the mmi) then it's possible. I'm on 0274 but working on getting the firmware to update it.
Here I think he ment that it's possible only with version 0300 or higher.

ALSO:

SQ7 screensaver on the dashboard
17 - Instruments
Coding
Byte 02, Bit 3
SQ7 screensaver on the MMI screen
5F - Information Electr. (MMI)
Coding
Byte 18, change the value from 27 to 28

Last edited by mcdream; 09-30-2017 at 06:08 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mcdream
EDIT: Tried this and got the "normal" SQ7 dials but not the "special" SQ7 VC like we all hope (and not like in the video).

I do not take any responsibility for this info since I haven't tried it but I remebered that there was some talk about this in an UK forum. Managed to track it down but not much talk about it.

BUT it may work only with certain software version

Here I think he ment that it's possible only with version 0300 or higher.

ALSO:

SQ7 screensaver on the dashboard

SQ7 screensaver on the MMI screen

thanks. I’ll give it a try.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by erwheezy
Provided zero insight on the topic bud. Why are you so hung up on where people are located, I’ve seen a bunch of your posts and they’re all sly remarks on how location isn’t discused in every post. Why do you think that audi has different Q7 clusters depending on the region. Seems more cost effective to have the differences be hardware rather than software.
Yes, I agree that I have tried to get people to list their location but I find it very important as every Audi, around the world, is different in both hardware and software. The majority of threads on www are location dependent. Even the administrators have looked into parsing the location from the the registration information but for a reason they cannot explain, they haven't done it yet. Numerous people have commented on posting locations but their are people that just don't get why it is necessary. Regulations in just about every country have rules that require numerous changes and when trying to understand the differences then it is wise to consider the source of the issues.

Quick Reply: SQ7 Virtual Cockpit