Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Vehicle tracking by VIN assistance

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 05:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle tracking by VIN assistance

Hello all! I am waiting for my 2017 Q7 to come in but I've been getting different stories on an ETA from various people at my dealership. I've become used to tracking new vehicle purchases from other manufacturers but I must admit, tracking an Audi is a bit tougher.

Just curious if anyone registered here would be able to provide me details on my vehicle if I provide the VIN through PM. Perhaps someone who has access to Audi's internal tracking/delivery system. Even knowing the vessel name it is on would help me in tracking the vessel on marinetraffic.com to see if it is still on its way across the Atlantic or if it is truly already at port in Davisville.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate it!
Old 02-14-2016, 11:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if it works in the US but try to register and track.
https://www.audi.co.uk/youraudi/your.../account/login
Old 02-14-2016, 11:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dghdgh
Not sure if it works in the US but try to register and track.
https://www.audi.co.uk/youraudi/your.../account/login

Thank You dghdgh for the reply. I had attempted that early this morning but it needs an order number and my paperwork (motor vehicle retail order) doesn't have an order number on top. I purchased this vehicle from inventory they had coming in to their dealership so not sure if that is why they never filled that in.

Thanks again though for mentioning that site, appreciate the effort.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Paradox. I see you on swede speed and now here. Really interested in your impressions of the Q7 and the Xc90 as you will own both. You'll probably have the best experience on the pros and cons of each. Better than any car reviewer in my opinion.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A4rooster
Paradox. I see you on swede speed and now here. Really interested in your impressions of the Q7 and the Xc90 as you will own both. You'll probably have the best experience on the pros and cons of each. Better than any car reviewer in my opinion.

Lol, yeah, that's me. I'm not all that enthused about there being no spare in the Q7, having had a bad experience in a prior Chevy Volt even with roadside assistance ad all that, but the run flats should help some. Though, I'm not fond of them either. Some things we just can't control unfortunately.

I'll be sure to give impressions once it arrives.

From speaking with the General Sales Manager Friday, this vehicle was at the port in Davisville with an ETA of Monday and I said I'll get it Friday the 19th to which he was glad saying how they;d have extra time for prep. He said he'd even prioritize it at the port. Then yesterday, later in the day, the salesman I was given emailed me with odd things like if it doesn't come in in time blah blah, Saturday maybe, blah blah. They're closed today but tomorrow I'll be making sure I get a much more firm confirmation of just what is going on and where the miscommunication lies.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just got word from my salesman my car came in and will be ready for Friday pickup, can't wait. 😀
Old 02-15-2016, 09:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You motivated me to look for mine which is waiting to go the panel position on the tracker.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You motivated me to look for mine which is waiting to go the panel position on the tracker.

Sweet! From experience tracking many a vehicle, you'll have many a sleepless night until that green check is beneath In transit, lol. Ah heck, who am I kidding... Delivered!

Do you have an estimated ETA by any chance? It seems like forever during the build process but I will admit, it is fun to a certain degree.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

What site are you getting this tracking info from?
Old 02-16-2016, 06:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi audi.co.uk.
Also search build progress etc on audi-sport.net
I found a much more detailed build tracker using background data. It easier to read it on there than me try to explain.

Quick Reply: Vehicle tracking by VIN assistance