RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

12 volt power outlets ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 volt power outlets ?

Could somebody possibly tell me how many 12v outlets the RS7 has and where they are located

many thanks steve
Old 01-13-2015, 03:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by comrie
Could somebody possibly tell me how many 12v outlets the RS7 has and where they are located

many thanks steve
There are four standard:
A) There is one up front in the center console.
B) There are two for rear seat passengers located in the center of the cabin
by the rear climate control panel.
C) There is one in the cargo area in the cubby on the right side.
+ My car came with an iPod connector/charger (also in the front console)
which I converted to USB for Android devices.

Last edited by RS7blue; 01-13-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for taking the time to reply.....was hoping that there was a 12v outlet in the rear trunk ?

steve
Old 01-13-2015, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply.....was hoping that there was a 12v outlet in the rear trunk ?

steve
Sorry, missed one. I thought there was one in the cargo area but I couldn't see it when I rechecked. There was something obscuring it. Anyway, I edited my initial reply above to reflect the correction. Hope that helps. By the way, what do you plan on using it for?

Last edited by RS7blue; 01-13-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by RS7blue
Sorry, missed one. I thought there was one in the cargo area but I couldn't see it when I rechecked. There was something obscuring it. Anyway, I edited my initial reply above to reflect the correction. Hope that helps. By the way, what do you plan on using it for?

hi,

i have a new RS7 getting built at the moment and my friendly dealer managed to leave out my rear view camera.......i plan to install a wifi camera myself and use my android phone as a monitor screen.......i could use the 12v outlet as an easy plug source for the power to the camera.......hopefully the trunk 12v outlet is only live when the ignition is on

thanks
Old 01-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

hopefully the trunk 12v outlet is only live when the ignition is on
I checked for you and the outlet does not have power when the car is off. It first becomes live when the ignition is in the accessory position.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Many thanks for confirming that...its very helpful

Cant wait for the RS7 to arrive....coming from an F-type Jaguar which has been a brilliant car but have always had a hankering for AWD and was offered a excellent deal on the RS7.

How are you enjoying yours an are they really as savage as people describe when the loud pedal is pressed?

steve
Old 01-14-2015, 08:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The F-type is gorgeous, the only Jag to turn my head in decades! It will be interesting to see which car sounds better to you (particularly if you ordered the RS 7 sport exhaust). I have never heard one in person but the F-type sounds fantastic on TV/Internet. I'm willing to bet, even though I love the sound the Audi makes, the Jag wins in that area.

As for my RS, I come from a long line of fast cars. I have owned 3 Mercedes AMGs so this combination of refined brutality is not new to me. Having said that, even with RS 7 running in full dynamic mode on the MMi, it's still very similar to an AMG in behavior. However, once you tip the transmission into "sport" mode the car becomes positively unhinged in its crazed need to run. If the car is a bull when the transmission is in "D", moving the selector to "D-S" turns it into a blood-thirsty bull out to mangle a matador. It keeps the car continually near the apex of its power band and all its senses are on a razor's edge. Maybe it's my imagination but I get the feeling the fuel needle is dropping by the minute. Note it becomes quite a bit less civilized compared to the comfort settings. Violent jerky shifts and drive-train lash are not uncommon. So it's very much the car you want it to be at the touch of a button and lever. Right now, around town, I'm absolutely hooked on the sport mode like a drug. But when I go to take a long trip on the highway, I'll put it into more of a Lexus mode and crank up the sensational B&O stereo!

What color and options did you order on your RS 7? When does she arrive?

Last edited by RS7blue; 01-14-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the info......

I have the V6S F-type coupe with the active exhaust and it is a stunning sounding car especially if you lift of the throttle in 3rd gear, the pops and bangs are addictive.
As yourself i have had a few powerful cars and seem to change them fairly regularly.....in the past 30 months i've had a C63 AMG Coupe.......Jaguar XKRS......Jaguar F-Type V6S and the RS7 coming sometime in March

Regarding spec i dont usually load them with too many options as i change my cars pretty regularly....the RS7 spec is...

Sepang Blue
Carbon interior
Black Valcona with grey stitching
Sports exhaust
Gloss black exterior pack
Red brake calipers
Night vision

Hopefully the night vision will help me with the plague of Roe deer i have constantly trying to kill themselves by jumping out in front of me.......we seem to have hundreds around me here in Scotland and are becoming a real menace and danger

steve
Old 01-16-2015, 09:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow, sounds like a fantastic car. I look forward to seeing your pictures in Sepang blue. I love Estoril but I think Sepang probably looks better on cloudy days. Sounds like night vision will be great for you. I drove around Australia in a rental last summer and could have really used it. Kangaroos literally hurl themselves at your car it seems. Have been trying to get to Scotland for years. Have been all over England but never got that far North. What a great country to open up an RS 7. And the fun section of the Autobahn isn't too far away...