RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

New RS7 (Estoril Blue)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 04:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New RS7 (Estoril Blue)

Bought a 2014 CPO this weekend. An amazing car! I'm bringing it back to the dealer next week from a complementary full detail. I'll post pictures after that. I have some questions for the expert owners:

1: I have the cold weather package option. The steering wheel did not come with an RS7 badge on it. There is just a shiny blank space at the bottom of the wheel. If not, where can I get the badge (apart from the dealer).

2: Does anyone know the max size of the SSD cards the B&O system can read?

2: On the cold weather package, you get a special full-leather gearshifter. I like the standard RS7 shifter better. Does anyone know if they can be swapped and if it's hard to do?

3: When I put the transmission into dynamic mode it shows a little 's' above the 'D' on the dash which I'm guessing stands for sport. The car surges like crazy which is awesome. But when I turn off the car and restart it, it just shows a 'D' on the dash (the 's' is gone). The tranmission feels like it's in auto mode and not dynamic even though it still reports dynamic in the MMI display. The transmission/car feels much more tame and ordinary and the exhaust note is even quite dimminished (I have the sports exhaust also set to dynamic). If I click on dynamic transmission again, it puts the little 's' back on the dash screen and the car is fully awesome again. The same also happens if use the paddle shifters. It will go back to 'D' but not with the sport mode and the car is more subdued. Anyone know what is happening and if the car can keep the sport mode all the time so I don't have to keep manually changing it?

Thanks very much for any help here.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats. Been searching for a used rs7 myself vs new 2016 facelift. What options does it have? If you don't mind, any ball park numbers how much you got % off msrp and asking price. The one I was looking at was 100k. I got it down to 95k. It wasnt certifed tho. The problem with the deal is that they are low balling my trade. Thanks. Post up some pics of your new ride!
Old 12-15-2014, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RS7blue
Bought a 2014 CPO this weekend. An amazing car! I'm bringing it back to the dealer next week from a complementary full detail. I'll post pictures after that. I have some questions for the expert owners:

1: I have the cold weather package option. The steering wheel did not come with an RS7 badge on it. There is just a shiny blank space at the bottom of the wheel. If not, where can I get the badge (apart from the dealer).

2: Does anyone know the max size of the SSD cards the B&O system can read?

2: On the cold weather package, you get a special full-leather gearshifter. I like the standard RS7 shifter better. Does anyone know if they can be swapped and if it's hard to do?

3: When I put the transmission into dynamic mode it shows a little 's' above the 'D' on the dash which I'm guessing stands for sport. The car surges like crazy which is awesome. But when I turn off the car and restart it, it just shows a 'D' on the dash (the 's' is gone). The tranmission feels like it's in auto mode and not dynamic even though it still reports dynamic in the MMI display. The transmission/car feels much more tame and ordinary and the exhaust note is even quite dimminished (I have the sports exhaust also set to dynamic). If I click on dynamic transmission again, it puts the little 's' back on the dash screen and the car is fully awesome again. The same also happens if use the paddle shifters. It will go back to 'D' but not with the sport mode and the car is more subdued. Anyone know what is happening and if the car can keep the sport mode all the time so I don't have to keep manually changing it?

Thanks very much for any help here.
I don't think the car can keep the sport mode once you have turned the ignition off. I've had mine since May and not found a way around it. It always restarts in Dynamic mode. I don't really find it too much of a problem and I quite enjoy that shift into S mode, gets the adrenalin pumping.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My car is more or less fully loaded. The only thing really missing is the comfort seats which I did not want because I like the look of the standard diamond-stitch leather seats so much better. I have now added all the included options to my signature. I got my car for $105K down from the crazy 114K asking price. It had 9,000 miles. The original MSRP was $124K. It also came with some pre-installed extras (courtesy of the original owner) such as a clear bra. It is a CPO so I got some new parts and another 2 years added to the warranty (a must for me). The dealer tried lowballing me on my Mercedes AMG trade. I decided to sell it myself and and after only two days I've gotten offers of over $10K more than the dealer was willing to give me. I'm still holding out for more. Tell me about the $95K car, that sounds like a great price.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RS7blue
My car is more or less fully loaded. The only thing really missing is the comfort seats which I did not want because I like the look of the standard diamond-stitch leather seats so much better. I have now added all the included options to my signature. I got my car for $105K down from the crazy 114K asking price. It had 9,000 miles. The original MSRP was $124K. It also came with some pre-installed extras (courtesy of the original owner) such as a clear bra. It is a CPO so I got some new parts and another 2 years added to the warranty (a must for me). The dealer tried lowballing me on my Mercedes AMG trade. I decided to sell it myself and and after only two days I've gotten offers of over $10K more than the dealer was willing to give me. I'm still holding out for more. Tell me about the $95K car, that sounds like a great price.
Thanks for the information. It was really helpful. I want the comfort seats as well. Especially since I live in the northeast but I might sacrifice that for the diamond stitch seats. Part of the exclusivity of the s and rs cars are the seats. The audi dealer gave me a superlowball trade for my Mercedes. At least 10% less from documented trade in values I have seen online. I was thinking of going the same route you did which is definitely the more intelligent option but less convenience. How did you go about selling your car? Are you planning on putting on a winter wheel package? The rs7 I was looking at is not certified so that's about -$4,000 compared to yours. The original msrp is 126k, listed for 104k. Got them down to 95k. It has 11,000 miles. No accidents etc. It has aluminum inlays, sport exhaust, innovation pkg, driver assistance pkg, b and o system, 21 inch wheels, carbon optic pkg, soft close doors. So the 105k you got is a good deal especially since your has less miles, certified and a more desirable color
Old 12-16-2014, 05:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If I didn't have to buy a winter package I would have already pulled the trigger but I also factored that in to my desirable price. Are you planning on tuning your car? Once again congrats. Your lucky to get such a good deal on your rs7 and to be driving that car around now.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm going to look at a black rs7 without sport exhaust and with the cold weather pk today. Anyone here have an rs7 without a sport exhaust? I'm curious how big the difference is and do they regret it. I know there are milltek and akrapovic but I'd rather not spend over $5,000 on an exhaust anymore
Old 12-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by saraojo
If I didn't have to buy a winter package I would have already pulled the trigger but I also factored that in to my desirable price. Are you planning on tuning your car? Once again congrats. Your lucky to get such a good deal on your rs7 and to be driving that car around now.
Thank you but your deal sounds especially good. The CPO warranty is nice and adds two years but there is an $80 deductible per visit (so save up your problems so multiple are covered for the one fee). You can purchase another warranty after that but you have to get the CPO first. I did that and it adds yet another two years so you wind up with a total of 8 years or 100,000 miles on the in-service date. It also totally gets rid of any deductible which is great. It's totally cancelable/transferable so I figured there was little risk (and I save the cost of the deductibles immediately so I could end up saving money). We'll see how reliable the car turns out to be first. I probably won't do any tuning unless it's something minor like remapping. What do you have in mind?

I was willing to pay a bit more for my car because I loved the midnight blue color and had two important options: red brakes (loveeeeee them) and the sports exhaust. Not to try and influence you but everything I read (reviews) from owners and professionals alike said this option was a must have. I have never heard the standard exhaust so I can't comment directly. The sports exhaust is electric so you can close the baffles on it from the dash and put it into so-called 'comfort' mode. I'm guessing that somewhat mimics the sound of the non-sport exhaust. There is a huge difference and when the exhaust is in 'dynamic' mode it sounds much more explosive complete with muffled back-pressure pops when you let up off the gas. Very addictive!
Also, I looked at tons of RS7's across the USA before buying and I would say more than 90% them had the sports exhaust option.
Sorry if that complicates your buying decision but that's my opinion for what it's worth.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yea I agree, no point for me settling and not getting the sport exhaust especially since it was one of my favorite parts of driving it. The exhaust burbles after letting go of the throttle is entertaining. Thinking about it makes me just say what the hell with my trade and just getting the car now. Haha. As far as color choice I would prefer red, estoril blue or nardo gray. I'd take Daytona gray or matte if the price is right.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was absolutely committed to get red. There are a good amount of them out there which is the good news. I almost bought one for sale at a dealer in New Jersey (probably still is) which is thousands of miles away from me. I was even arranging to ship the car. That's when the estoril blue RS 7 came up for sale literally 10 miles away from me. Once I saw the color, I was totally hooked. Funny, when I saw the color online I wasn't too impressed but in person, the color is amazing. By the way, sold my AMG on CraigsList. I almost went Autotrader but I decided to see what I could get with free advertising first. The guy called me day one. The deal is actually going through tomorrow so hopefully I haven't jinxed it.

Quick Reply: New RS7 (Estoril Blue)