RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

New RS7 (Estoril Blue) - Photos

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 02:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ERS7
For what it is worth... I just purchased my new 2015 RS7 Dynamic Edition here in CT. The dealers in my area simply will not discount off the MSRP. Regarding the used 2014's... they are only taking a few thousand off the original MSRP so I figured I would go new since there simply does not seem to be a savings opportunity around here. The dealer's excuse for taking such a hard line?.... They claim the production of this vehicle is so limited they can hold out for full sticker and get it. Anyway... I do LOVE the car. I've owned an R8 and just traded a 911 Turbo towards the RS7. No regrets and best car I have ever owned.
Yes that's what it seems like so far. A few dealers in pa and nj are taking 3,000-5,000 off asking prices in used 2014s. I like the car as well and it's definitely a better all around car than the r8 and 997 turbo non s (both I had experience with). I will probably still hold on to the r8 cz I really enjoy having a manual to drive and can't let that go for now. My other option was just waiting for the 2016 and getting one at close to msrp. Dealers are already taking orders for it and they said delivery will be in early spring or mid spring time. Congrats on the rs7, post up some pics. I didn't get a chance to drive a dynamic pkg one yet. I have read that it corners significantly more flat with minimal changes to the ride harshness. But the steering is essentially unchanged.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did you like the red one in New Jersey enough to make an offer?
Old 12-25-2014, 05:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I made an offer on that one also but they didn't accept it.
I think that one sold or went to auction already. They had it for a long time. That one was owned previously by audi corp so I think it could have been used for test drives and automotive journalists.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

HOT *** wheels man. Congrats!!
Old 12-25-2014, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by saraojo
Yes that's what it seems like so far. A few dealers in pa and nj are taking 3,000-5,000 off asking prices in used 2014s. I like the car as well and it's definitely a better all around car than the r8 and 997 turbo non s (both I had experience with). I will probably still hold on to the r8 cz I really enjoy having a manual to drive and can't let that go for now. My other option was just waiting for the 2016 and getting one at close to msrp. Dealers are already taking orders for it and they said delivery will be in early spring or mid spring time. Congrats on the rs7, post up some pics. I didn't get a chance to drive a dynamic pkg one yet. I have read that it corners significantly more flat with minimal changes to the ride harshness. But the steering is essentially unchanged.
Audi Rancho Mirage have added $5000 supplement to the price of their RS7.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Guess it all depends on the demographic, probably a high income area to be adding a markup.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Guess it all depends on the demographic, probably a high income area to be adding a markup.
And some dealers are just plain nuts. I remember I bought one of the first Honda S2000s in the country. The dealer here in town was gouging $10K over sticker and would not budge (and this was freaking 15 years ago). I picked up the phone and called a dealer 1000 miles away. I flew there and drove the car home at MSRP a few days later.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RS7blue
And some dealers are just plain nuts. I remember I bought one of the first Honda S2000s in the country. The dealer here in town was gouging $10K over sticker and would not budge (and this was freaking 15 years ago). I picked up the phone and called a dealer 1000 miles away. I flew there and drove the car home at MSRP a few days later.
The s2000 was ahead of its time. The best Honda product along with the nsx. To this day I still think it looks great.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The s2000 was ahead of its time. The best Honda product along with the nsx. To this day I still think it looks great.
Yeah, I've logged a lot of hours behind the wheels of both those cars. They're the opposite of the RS 7. They handle like slot cars but are torqueless wonders. You're right, both cars were ahead of their time.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RS7blue
Yeah, I've logged a lot of hours behind the wheels of both those cars. They're the opposite of the RS 7. They handle like slot cars but are torqueless wonders. You're right, both cars were ahead of their time.
Yup. Thats why I was hooked on the rs7 after the test drive. My current cars are tqless wonders. Having one of the strongest tq monsters in the market would be nice to have.

Quick Reply: New RS7 (Estoril Blue) - Photos