Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi S4 / RS4 > RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 02:45 AM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 282285

Default NOOB Checking in

Hey all, just picked up a 2006 S4 6 speed, 97,xxx miles after a lengthy search. Been lurking here awhile. Good stuff, good info.
Like most, the car is physically near-perfect and the interior, minus some normal wear is really unbelievably fresh.
Full service history, car fax, work done by local shop, driven by a school principal, non-smoker, etc. long test drive city and highway to shake out any concerns.
Got her home and only then did the right headlight start dipping (I checked for this on the test drive).
Last night at highway speed there is an unholy rubbing noise, almost like a tire rubbing on a suspension arm that is unaffected by clutch/gear selection. At a certain speed, it's just there. I didn't dare go faster. I'm wondering if this is a side-effect of the Milltek non-resonated exhaust the PO installed causing some sort of vibration.
So, off to the garage this morning to go poking around the new money pit. I'll be working right next to the old money pit, my 1979 Corvette. Good thing my wife is gone until tomorrow. I don't need the lectures!
Thanks in advance for the good info and I hope, after some teething pains I can get this kitten purring!
CRYSYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:53 AM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 169569

Welcome aboard! And there's no such thing as buying a used car that doesn't need something
uberwgn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:58 AM   #3
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 282285

Especially a German one! Could be worse, I could be into Italians!
CRYSYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #4
AudiWorld Expert
Account #: 102

I think you may be in the wrong forum. But welcome
Old 05-05-2014, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement