Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi S4 / RS4 > S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-present

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 287416
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Default 2015 S4 Question

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums, tried to do my own research but I thought you guys could answer me my questions/concerns.

I'm looking to buy an S4 for my wife and need some input.

The car I found:

2015 Premium Plus w/ dual clutch automatic, monsoon color, black nappa leather seats, rear diff, audi side assist, navigation, 19" wheels and supercharged badges.

The dealer gave me the following offer:

$1667.81 down which would include first month payment & $852/month for 35 months.
10k miles per year.
MF 0.00140 residual 58%
Net cap cost: 56,701.70
Mkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 287416
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Default

Accidentally hit done..

Anyways, I feel like the payments are too high for what the car is worth on paper.

Can anyone advise?

Also, is it worth going for Prestige just for Adaptive Cruise Control?

Thanks all!
__________________
2013 GT-R Black Edition
2015 X5 M-Sport 5.0
2013 Lexus GS 350
Mkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 287416
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Default

Sorry, actually 12k miles / year.

Can't find the edit post button...

Thanks!
__________________
2013 GT-R Black Edition
2015 X5 M-Sport 5.0
2013 Lexus GS 350
Mkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:47 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 244011
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 279
Default

How much is the MSRP? Looking at gross cap cost, it doesn't seem like there could be much off MSRP. Also, you should have either loyalty (if you own an Audi) or conquest (if you don't) money available. I also thought Audi was making first month payment.

Audi Lease Specials & Offers | Audi USA

Edmunds forums can help with MF and residuals. Overall seems expensive to me for a P+ and you need to make sure you are getting the discounts and factory money you should get. Someone else in another thread here claimed to get a 2015 S4 below dealer invoice.
RickFLS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:04 AM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 287416
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Default

Thanks, Rick!

Net cap cost is 56,701.70 & the Gross cap cost comes out to 59,201.70

I did forget to mention that it includes Audi Care.

I'm getting $1k discount due to having a Lexus & the dealer says he is already below MSRP on the car.

With that being said I'm just not sure if $852 / mo (and $1667 down) is a good deal or not for a sticker price like this. The dealer did say that the downpayment includes first month but to me it seems like I'm paying for the first month & not Audi...

Thanks!
Mkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 285750
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 17
Default

Mkan,

There are many variables that must be considered. Do the prices you've mentioned include taxes? I don't think the prices mentioned are out of expectation. There will always be others here who did better - could be due to regional differences, relationship with the dealer, availability of the car purchased, etc.

That said for what it's worth when I was looking at leasing my S4 I could get a similarly equipped model for similar rates with $0 down and 15k miles per year (these were 2014 models though). I think the difference is your dealer isn't giving you as big of a discount off the sticker (might be because you're looking at a 2015). You need to have him come down on the net cap cost - it's higher than I would expect.

Also look into the multiple security deposit (MSD) strategy - it can save you thousands of dollars over the course of the lease. I would try to put as little down as possible. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Cheers,
NM

Last edited by HDCS4; 07-24-2014 at 08:50 AM.
HDCS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #7
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 244011
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 279
Default

If you assume your $1,667 is around $667 for tag and title, that leaves $1,000 cap cost reduction (first month should be covered by Audi). Another $1,000 for conquest gets the $59,201 to $57,201. So $56,701 is only about $500 off MSRP unless you live somewhere that sales tax is collected upfront for the lease vs. paying tax on the monthly payment. (If so I wouldn't lease.)

If you join ACNA and wait 6 mos. you can get 6% (an extra $3K) off MSRP without negotiating. Unless sales tax on the entire car is getting rolled into cap cost, I'd be looking for at least $2K - $3K more off cap cost at a minimum. I suggest trying another dealer.
RickFLS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 287416
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCS4 View Post
Mkan,

There are many variables that must be considered. Do the prices you've mentioned include taxes? I don't think the prices mentioned are out of expectation. There will always be others here who did better - could be due to regional differences, relationship with the dealer, availability of the car purchased, etc.

That said for what it's worth when I was looking at leasing my S4 I could get a similarly equipped model for similar rates with $0 down and 15k miles per year (these were 2014 models though). I think the difference is your dealer isn't giving you as big of a discount off the sticker (might be because you're looking at a 2015). You need to have him come down on the net cap cost - it's higher than I would expect.

Also look into the multiple security deposit (MSD) strategy - it can save you thousands of dollars over the course of the lease. I would try to put as little down as possible. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Cheers,
NM
Thanks for the reply, NM!
His quote already included the $1000 incentive for having a Lexus, so I'm not sure if he will budge any further on price.
It is a 2015 model, unfortunately, the 2014 model they have does not have B&O sound system but has the black optic package.
Not sure if it's a good idea to compromise on the sound system or not...

Thanks!
Mkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #9
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 287416
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLS4 View Post
If you assume your $1,667 is around $667 for tag and title, that leaves $1,000 cap cost reduction (first month should be covered by Audi). Another $1,000 for conquest gets the $59,201 to $57,201. So $56,701 is only about $500 off MSRP unless you live somewhere that sales tax is collected upfront for the lease vs. paying tax on the monthly payment. (If so I wouldn't lease.)

If you join ACNA and wait 6 mos. you can get 6% (an extra $3K) off MSRP without negotiating. Unless sales tax on the entire car is getting rolled into cap cost, I'd be looking for at least $2K - $3K more off cap cost at a minimum. I suggest trying another dealer.
Thanks, Rick!

Taxes are collected on the monthly payment in the State I live in. (CO)

I've noticed dealerships always say they can't come down with the MSRP because it's a new model. It's more like they just don't want to make less profit.

Although less profit is better than no sale.

Are you suggesting that I shoot for $2-$3k off the net cap cost even without ACNA?

Worst case they say no & I'll just move on to the next dealer then.

Thanks guys!!
Mkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:54 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 242986
 
shivamerlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkan View Post
Thanks, Rick!

Taxes are collected on the monthly payment in the State I live in. (CO)

I've noticed dealerships always say they can't come down with the MSRP because it's a new model. It's more like they just don't want to make less profit.

Although less profit is better than no sale.

Are you suggesting that I shoot for $2-$3k off the net cap cost even without ACNA?

Worst case they say no & I'll just move on to the next dealer then.

Thanks guys!!
@Mkan, I would definitely join the ANA club and if I remember that from other members in previous posts if you sign up for a lifetime membership they would wave the 6 month wait. I think it costs $600 or $800 but if you get $3,000 off your first car it's well worth it.

If the dealer is not willing to work with you on that I would move on to another one...
__________________

Current:
2013 Audi S4 Premium+|Ice Silver|6MT|B&O|
Sports Diff|MMI|Advance Key|
2012 Audi Q5 2.0T|Premium+|White|B&O|
Advance Key|Black Leather|


Past:
2008 Audi A4 2.0T|S-Line|Silver|Nav|Xenon|
2010 Audi A3 2.0T|Premium Plus|White|
2007 VW Passat 2.0T
1999 Audi A3 1.8T
shivamerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community