2015 S4 Question - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi S4 / RS4 > S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-present

2015 S4 Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2015 S4 Question

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums, tried to do my own research but I thought you guys could answer me my questions/concerns.

I'm looking to buy an S4 for my wife and need some input.

The car I found:

2015 Premium Plus w/ dual clutch automatic, monsoon color, black nappa leather seats, rear diff, audi side assist, navigation, 19" wheels and supercharged badges.

The dealer gave me the following offer:

$1667.81 down which would include first month payment & $852/month for 35 months.
10k miles per year.
MF 0.00140 residual 58%
Net cap cost: 56,701.70
Mkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member

Accidentally hit done..

Anyways, I feel like the payments are too high for what the car is worth on paper.

Can anyone advise?

Also, is it worth going for Prestige just for Adaptive Cruise Control?

Thanks all!
Old 07-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry, actually 12k miles / year.

Can't find the edit post button...

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2014, 02:47 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member

How much is the MSRP? Looking at gross cap cost, it doesn't seem like there could be much off MSRP. Also, you should have either loyalty (if you own an Audi) or conquest (if you don't) money available. I also thought Audi was making first month payment.

Audi Lease Specials & Offers | Audi USA

Edmunds forums can help with MF and residuals. Overall seems expensive to me for a P+ and you need to make sure you are getting the discounts and factory money you should get. Someone else in another thread here claimed to get a 2015 S4 below dealer invoice.
RickFLS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:04 AM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, Rick!

Net cap cost is 56,701.70 & the Gross cap cost comes out to 59,201.70

I did forget to mention that it includes Audi Care.

I'm getting $1k discount due to having a Lexus & the dealer says he is already below MSRP on the car.

With that being said I'm just not sure if $852 / mo (and $1667 down) is a good deal or not for a sticker price like this. The dealer did say that the downpayment includes first month but to me it seems like I'm paying for the first month & not Audi...

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member

Mkan,

There are many variables that must be considered. Do the prices you've mentioned include taxes? I don't think the prices mentioned are out of expectation. There will always be others here who did better - could be due to regional differences, relationship with the dealer, availability of the car purchased, etc.

That said for what it's worth when I was looking at leasing my S4 I could get a similarly equipped model for similar rates with $0 down and 15k miles per year (these were 2014 models though). I think the difference is your dealer isn't giving you as big of a discount off the sticker (might be because you're looking at a 2015). You need to have him come down on the net cap cost - it's higher than I would expect.

Also look into the multiple security deposit (MSD) strategy - it can save you thousands of dollars over the course of the lease. I would try to put as little down as possible. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Cheers,
NM

Last edited by HDCS4; 07-24-2014 at 08:50 AM.
HDCS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #7
AudiWorld Member

If you assume your $1,667 is around $667 for tag and title, that leaves $1,000 cap cost reduction (first month should be covered by Audi). Another $1,000 for conquest gets the $59,201 to $57,201. So $56,701 is only about $500 off MSRP unless you live somewhere that sales tax is collected upfront for the lease vs. paying tax on the monthly payment. (If so I wouldn't lease.)

If you join ACNA and wait 6 mos. you can get 6% (an extra $3K) off MSRP without negotiating. Unless sales tax on the entire car is getting rolled into cap cost, I'd be looking for at least $2K - $3K more off cap cost at a minimum. I suggest trying another dealer.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCS4 View Post
Mkan,

There are many variables that must be considered. Do the prices you've mentioned include taxes? I don't think the prices mentioned are out of expectation. There will always be others here who did better - could be due to regional differences, relationship with the dealer, availability of the car purchased, etc.

That said for what it's worth when I was looking at leasing my S4 I could get a similarly equipped model for similar rates with $0 down and 15k miles per year (these were 2014 models though). I think the difference is your dealer isn't giving you as big of a discount off the sticker (might be because you're looking at a 2015). You need to have him come down on the net cap cost - it's higher than I would expect.

Also look into the multiple security deposit (MSD) strategy - it can save you thousands of dollars over the course of the lease. I would try to put as little down as possible. Sounds like you are on the right track.

Cheers,
NM
Thanks for the reply, NM!
His quote already included the $1000 incentive for having a Lexus, so I'm not sure if he will budge any further on price.
It is a 2015 model, unfortunately, the 2014 model they have does not have B&O sound system but has the black optic package.
Not sure if it's a good idea to compromise on the sound system or not...

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #9
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLS4 View Post
If you assume your $1,667 is around $667 for tag and title, that leaves $1,000 cap cost reduction (first month should be covered by Audi). Another $1,000 for conquest gets the $59,201 to $57,201. So $56,701 is only about $500 off MSRP unless you live somewhere that sales tax is collected upfront for the lease vs. paying tax on the monthly payment. (If so I wouldn't lease.)

If you join ACNA and wait 6 mos. you can get 6% (an extra $3K) off MSRP without negotiating. Unless sales tax on the entire car is getting rolled into cap cost, I'd be looking for at least $2K - $3K more off cap cost at a minimum. I suggest trying another dealer.
Thanks, Rick!

Taxes are collected on the monthly payment in the State I live in. (CO)

I've noticed dealerships always say they can't come down with the MSRP because it's a new model. It's more like they just don't want to make less profit.

Although less profit is better than no sale.

Are you suggesting that I shoot for $2-$3k off the net cap cost even without ACNA?

Worst case they say no & I'll just move on to the next dealer then.

Thanks guys!!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:54 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkan View Post
Thanks, Rick!

Taxes are collected on the monthly payment in the State I live in. (CO)

I've noticed dealerships always say they can't come down with the MSRP because it's a new model. It's more like they just don't want to make less profit.

Although less profit is better than no sale.

Are you suggesting that I shoot for $2-$3k off the net cap cost even without ACNA?

Worst case they say no & I'll just move on to the next dealer then.

Thanks guys!!
@Mkan, I would definitely join the ANA club and if I remember that from other members in previous posts if you sign up for a lifetime membership they would wave the 6 month wait. I think it costs $600 or $800 but if you get $3,000 off your first car it's well worth it.

If the dealer is not willing to work with you on that I would move on to another one...

Current:
2014 Audi S4 Premium+|Monsoon Gray|6MT|B&O|Nappa|Sports Diff|MMI|Advanced Key|Side Assist|19" Wheels|

Past:
2013 Audi S4 Premium+|Ice Silver|6MT|B&O|
Sports Diff|MMI|Advance Key|
2012 Audi Q5 2.0T|Premium+|White|B&O|
Advance Key|Black Leather|
2008 Audi A4 2.0T|S-Line|Silver|Nav|Xenon|
2010 Audi A3 2.0T|Premium Plus|White|
2007 VW Passat 2.0T
1999 Audi A3 1.8T
shivamerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #11
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, Rick!

I'll definitely look into that membership.

I appreciate all the help guys!

Thanks
Old 07-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #12
AudiWorld Member

Tell them you will join ACNA and wait 6 mos. for the 6% discount unless they want to deal now. Can't hurt. And, yes, I think 5-6% off MSRP (+ conquest and free month) is minimum I would seek even without ACNA. It may be new model year but it is far from a new model or new generation.

If you really want it now and they won't deal and you don't have another dealership nearby, you can do the lifetime ACNA membership and skip the 6 mo. wait.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:25 PM   #13
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLS4 View Post
Tell them you will join ACNA and wait 6 mos. for the 6% discount unless they want to deal now. Can't hurt. And, yes, I think 5-6% off MSRP (+ conquest and free month) is minimum I would seek even without ACNA. It may be new model year but it is far from a new model or new generation.

If you really want it now and they won't deal and you don't have another dealership nearby, you can do the lifetime ACNA membership and skip the 6 mo. wait.
Thanks, Rick!

We don't need the car now, I just thought we might be able to fond a good deal during summer when it's usually slower for the dealerships.
We were thinking about swapping out the GS for an S4 for wife, but if the dealer won't cooperate then I'll take my business elsewhere or just wait for a bit...

And yes, I agree it's far from being a new generation.
Plus I believe we will see the new S4 (B9) gen in a year or two?

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #14
Audiworld Junior Member

Mkan,

If they have a 2014 S4 you should be able to get a much better deal on it. You should be looking to get at least $4-5k off the MSRP which in the long run should make for a better deal.

As for "holding out" for the B&O stereo, I'm not sure it's worth it to be that demanding when leasing. I was not impressed with the B&O upgrade and have no regrets going with the Concert radio. The B&O system is modestly priced and sounds it - that's why you see so many guys upgrading the sub and so many discussions about the quality of source material. I'd have happily spent $2-3k to get something on the level of a Land Rover Meridian, Jag B&W, or Lexus ML system. Audi does offer a competitive B&O system in their pricier cars - the A8's system is to die for.

Lastly as for the B9 S4, sounds like it will be here in 18 months to 2 years. By that time you could be halfway done with your lease. Plus as we've seen in the case of the 3 series, it's not a guarantee that the replacement car will be better than the old one. If BMW still made the e9x series I would probably be in a 335i!

Cheers,
HDC.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #15
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCS4 View Post
Mkan,

If they have a 2014 S4 you should be able to get a much better deal on it. You should be looking to get at least $4-5k off the MSRP which in the long run should make for a better deal.

As for "holding out" for the B&O stereo, I'm not sure it's worth it to be that demanding when leasing. I was not impressed with the B&O upgrade and have no regrets going with the Concert radio. The B&O system is modestly priced and sounds it - that's why you see so many guys upgrading the sub and so many discussions about the quality of source material. I'd have happily spent $2-3k to get something on the level of a Land Rover Meridian, Jag B&W, or Lexus ML system. Audi does offer a competitive B&O system in their pricier cars - the A8's system is to die for.

Lastly as for the B9 S4, sounds like it will be here in 18 months to 2 years. By that time you could be halfway done with your lease. Plus as we've seen in the case of the 3 series, it's not a guarantee that the replacement car will be better than the old one. If BMW still made the e9x series I would probably be in a 335i!

Cheers,
HDC.
Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated. I told the dealer that minimum of 5-6% + no down + conquest + audi pays first month is what I'm looking for and they said they can most likely do 5% so I guess that's good news...

I'll see how much they can cone down on the 2014 without B&O because in all honesty I always prefer to listen to the exhaust instead of radio/mp3 ( at least in the gt-r...)

The stock S4 I was able to drive had decent sound coming out of the exhaust, so I wouldn't modify it I think.

Thanks again for all your help guys! This community here seems to be very knowledgeable and very friendly.

Cheers!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #16
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a quick update & see what you think about the deal.

I was able to get it down to :

- $0 down
- 1st payment on Audi
- 36 mo lease
- 12k miles / yr
- Audi Care included
- $811 / month including Taxes
- 59% Residual

Does this sound reasonable at all?

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2014, 09:44 PM   #17
Audiworld Junior Member

Money Factor @ .140 is insanely high. 2015 model gives them a "reason" to do so. However nothing is new about the car at all.

Anything over 650 dollars for a 56k S4 at the moment is stupid. They should be giving you at least 3k discount to begin with.

Don't be afraid to take your business elsewhere
QuartzS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:39 AM   #18
Audiworld Junior Member

Our salesman @ the dealership is driving a 15 S4 same equipment (nav, side assist, nappa, rear diff, automatic) says he pays $740 a month so I'm guessing he gets a greater discount for being with Audi or lying about the payment amount?

I thought $811 is "decent" but now I'm having second thoughts...

Thanks QuartzS4 for the reply!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:07 AM   #19
AudiWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuartzS4 View Post
Money Factor @ .140 is insanely high. 2015 model gives them a "reason" to do so. However nothing is new about the car at all.

Anything over 650 dollars for a 56k S4 at the moment is stupid. They should be giving you at least 3k discount to begin with.

Don't be afraid to take your business elsewhere
I know it's a little to early since I need to work out the insurance claim from the accident first but anyways that's what my local dealer has offered me on a 2014 S4:

$57k MSRP, 6% off ANA discount, $1,000 owners loyalty, $1,500 technology credit and first payment on Audi.

39 month lease
Zero cash down
10k miles/year
$707.00/month

Numbers include GA Ad Valorem tax

Is that good??

Current:
2014 Audi S4 Premium+|Monsoon Gray|6MT|B&O|Nappa|Sports Diff|MMI|Advanced Key|Side Assist|19" Wheels|

Past:
2013 Audi S4 Premium+|Ice Silver|6MT|B&O|
Sports Diff|MMI|Advance Key|
2012 Audi Q5 2.0T|Premium+|White|B&O|
Advance Key|Black Leather|
2008 Audi A4 2.0T|S-Line|Silver|Nav|Xenon|
2010 Audi A3 2.0T|Premium Plus|White|
2007 VW Passat 2.0T
1999 Audi A3 1.8T
shivamerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:48 AM   #20
Audiworld Junior Member

You can make that a much better deal. First include Audicare because it increases the Residual by 1% and essentially pays for itself. Second, max out the number of security deposits you can put on the vehicle to lower the money factor. Also I would strongly look at the 2014 if you're leasing - the 2015s have nothing new.

It's very hard to compare deals because values vary by market...and taxes vary by state. Quartz S4's number of $650/month is extremely good if you're putting $0 down and driving 12k/yr. I'm not sure that kind of pricing is available in all areas...

Cheers,
HDC
Old 07-31-2014, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement