After a six month wait... - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi S4 / RS4 > S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-present

After a six month wait...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member

Default After a six month wait...

...it is all worthwhile! The new Avant waiting on the showroom floor.
Attached Images

Departed

2005 (B7) A4 2.0TFSI Quattro S-Line Sedan Graphite 6MT

1997 (B5) A4 1.8 Sedan 5MT - some silver colour
Dilettanteque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats!!

Right hand drive too!

Do you live in North America? If so, I would love to know how difficult it was to import this. I think I would like an Avant next time around!
CashCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member

No this one made a journey down under. A rare S4 Avant for Sydney's roads.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member

Damn...that is gorgeous in Sepang! Wish we could order the Avants in the U.S. More pics please when you have a chance.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:54 AM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member

Another chance for a coupla pics. This is one amazing car. Talk about dual personalities!
Attached Images

Departed

Old 04-25-2014, 07:35 AM   #6
AudiWorld Member

Jealous!! Beautiful car!
ob_1jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member

Very nice !!!
Old 04-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #8
AudiWorld Member

Absolutely stunning and I am totally jealous. If they had Avant's available here that's pretty much exactly what I would have ordered. Love the color and love the wheels, really really beautiful. Congrats!
sjuhawks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #9
AudiWorld Member

Very nice, are those Hartmann reps? Sorry, I stand corrected, I assume they are OEM by the year of the car. Saw "Ti look" in your sig.
2011 S4 P+, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Black/Silver Alcantara, DSG, Sport Diff, Carbon Inlays, B & O, Nav, Supercharged badges, Hoen Fogs, Weathertech mats, ECS dipstick. ECS LED interior light kit, 19" Hartmann Ti Reps w/Bridgestone S-04s, Hard wired V1 detector, S-line DSG shifter.

Last edited by togatown; 04-25-2014 at 12:50 PM.
togatown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #10
Audiworld Junior Member

They are just the stock rims. And, ironically, when driving home from dealer's on Thursday night after receiving delivery (all of about 5 miles), on goes the tyre pressure warning. Lo and behold, a 6mm hex head screw is lodged right in the middle of the tread pattern of the Conti on front left. Off to get the hole plugged today before I can take a reasonable length spin. I was not expecting a service moment within 15 minutes of picking up the car.

I have read the enthusiastic reports of so many new S4 recipients on this forum over the last 6 months or so with great anticipation. I am now sharing that great "kid in a candy shop" feeling as I explore the setup and how this thing gets its show on the road.

How long does the smile last????

Departed

Old 04-26-2014, 12:59 AM   #11
AudiWorld Member

the smile never ends. I still smile every time I push the gas pedal down or downshift to pass a car.
ob_1jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:57 AM   #12
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow!!! That's beautiful.
2013 S4 | prestige | estoril | s-tronic | driver assist | sports diff | adaptive damping | 19" peelers | fine nappa black/silver interior | supercharged badges | carbon fiber inlays | 3M clear bra | opti-coat 2.0 | 20% tint | detailer-installed swirl marks | Hoen H8 fogs | Alu Kreuz | USS Sways | Eurocode endlinks | VMR v718 | Pilot Sport A/S 3 265/35-19
Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:25 AM   #13
AudiWorld Newcomer

Congrats!! Great looking car and I love those black optic wheels.
ncharaipotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:12 AM   #14
AudiWorld Member

Congratulations. That's a great looking car. You had a very long wait. I'm sure you discovered that you had more patience than you thought. Many happy and safe kilometers. I've had my 2014 for almost two months now and I'm always looking forward to my next drive, whether it's to or from work, taking the kids somewhere, grocery shopping etc. Still smiling.....
2014 S4 Ice Silver Metallic | Black Optic | DSG | Sport Differential | ADS | Fine Black Nappa | MMI Nav + | B&O | Carbon Atlas Inlays | Supercharged Badges | Advanced Key | OEM Floor and Trunk Mats | Höen Endurance Fogs | Carista | Michelin Pilot A/S3 |
Previous: 2003 A4 Sedan | Light Silver Metallic | MT6 | 3.0 Quattro |
AForePlayin'03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #15
Audiworld Junior Member

After an annoying few days when domestic and work plans had pretty much tied up any opportunity to have some time with the new S4, yesterday I finally had a chance....a return trip to a client offering 300kms of mixed conditions (city traffic, expressway and a sweet section of tightly winding road over hills with a backdrop or emerald green rural scenes and ocean (which had "Dynamic mode opportunity" written all over it).

That 10km snaky stretch was just brilliant. Selected dynamic, popped the DSG in manual, and revelled in the stupendous grip, and the “blat/blat” of the exhaust. What a sound. Unfortunately I had a work colleague with me, and, as I hadn’t warned him regarding what I was about to do, he emitted what would best be described as a nervous giggle as we took off through the tight and twisties (no police with radar there, unlike the rest of the trip, so it was just so inviting).

It was my first real impression of the balance of the car, and the contribution of the sports diff. Compared to my old B7 A4 s-line quattro the feel of the S4 seemed a little more remote from the road. S4 obviously has better sound isolation, more comfortable suspension even on hardest damper setting, a bit less feel through the steering, and the hand on the 6MT in the old car gave a strong sense of connection to what was going on between engine and road. Overall this makes me think I just need more road time to get into the groove of how the S4 feels. It was the same impression I had when I stepped up from B5 to B7 A4s all those years ago. And those moments around the curves the car felt just so tight and assured with great control through throttle and steering. I can’t wait to become a little more attuned to the car, to feel more at one with it. After all, I’ve only done 500km so far.

And oh the sound.....

Departed

Old 04-30-2014, 04:17 PM   #16
Audiworld Junior Member

...and now it is dirty

Departed