S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

B8 S4 Wings / Spoilers, Please post your pics!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidSilverS4
Nobody thinks this looks good???? Maybe AudiWorld isn't for me, because I think this looks great.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...e-boot-spoiler
Don't take offense SilverS4 - it just so happens that the folks here are a tad more conservative with their cars when it comes to body changes than the people on Audizine. Performance mods, wheels, exhaust and things like that seem to be more accepted here.

(and since you asked: i'm not a fan of the lip spoiler either).
Old 04-30-2010, 06:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Haha, I can now see my future on AudiWorld. I keep the car completely stock, get some RS4 replica wheels and maybe I can fit in with the AudiWorld crowd. I guess I should move to Audizine... LOL
Old 04-30-2010, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hah, you don't know the history of some of us or our cars do you? There's a pretty rich history of some serious cars coming out of some of the old school AW members. Just because our tastes don't agree with yours doesn't mean this isn't the "place" for you. FWIW, I've never owned a completely stock Audi

Stick around, I think this is a great place for learning about our cars for all of us.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, its almost like that....
It was sarcasm man - we don't agree here as a group. There is a guy over on AZ who put a cursive "Supercharged" vinyl on the lower area along the side of his car. Most everyone really hated it, but most everyone was (like here) pretty honest, but not in a mean way. You do what you want to, because it's YOUR car. If you are doing something to it only for the reaction of others, then take into account what we say. If you are doing it for yourself, have fun and enjoy your ride
Old 04-30-2010, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nobody thinks this looks good???? Maybe AudiWorld isn't for me, because I think this looks great.

No offense intended, but I think it looks really tacky.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Haha, I can now see my future on AudiWorld. I keep the car completely stock, get some RS4 replica wheels and maybe I can fit in with the AudiWorld crowd. I guess I should move to Audizine... LOL
Getting a little touchy, aren't you? Opinions are going to vary about cars, just as they will with clothes, sports, politics, etc. If you're looking for complete and total homogeneity, then this is not the place for you. If you're looking for honest opinions, stick around.

People here don't love the 18" wheels on the S4 either. I like them, and chose to buy them. But I'm not getting my panties all in a bunch if someone else has different tastes. If you want your little spoiler...then buy it. It's your car. Just don't expect everyone to love it.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IAS5
so, what are you saying? Don't add a spoiler?
LOL DavidSilverS4, IAS5, and others - you have to understand the sense of humor on this board. Half the time, folks like me are pulling your chain, half the time we're serious. But, we're not going to necessarily tell you which is which...

IMO, the spoiler pictures you shown are pretty modest and certainly won't rice up your car! I might add one myself later. I dunno - I am getting kind of old, you know!!!

On the other hand, many of the guys here are attracted to Audis just because they are more conservative in appearance compared to most high end sports sedans. But, to this last man - everyone here has a wild hair somewhere and will eventually mod their cars - even WatchNut with his 18" wheels!

I, myself, tend to mod the engines more than the exterior. I've probably modded half the Audis I've ever owned, esp. the ones with forced induction engines. I'm not sure about my new S4. I'm pretty happy with the power now...
Old 04-30-2010, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by WatchNut
People here don't love the 18" wheels on the S4 either. I like them, and chose to buy them.
WHAT?!?! You got 18's??? Oh man, I never knew....

Old 04-30-2010, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm not sure why almost everyone here thinks those spoilers look so horrible. I think they are, for the most part, subtle and tasteful. They're just lip spoilers, not 'wings'.

Honestly I think 20" wheels are way more overkill than these lip spoilers.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

I agree with others: I don't think it adds anything.

Seems somehow Benzish to me. Not a good thing, to be Benzish...

Quick Reply: B8 S4 Wings / Spoilers, Please post your pics!