S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

ECS Tuning leaves me hanging

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECS Tuning leaves me hanging

Modifying my 2012 S4. I place an order for several pricey items with ECS Tuning, including a Front Big brake kit (Stage 3) 8T0615108KT - Front Big Brake Kit - Stage 3 - 2-Piece Rotors (365x34) - ES#2681770. Everything was in stock when ordered, but 2 days later, when I go online to check the status of the order, I learn that the big brake kit is back-ordered. Nobody calls or emails me. Instead I call them and am told that the Audi RS calipers are out of stock and they don't even have an e.t.a.. First I am told 2-3 weeks max, then another time am told it could be 5 weeks. This really screws up my schedule (having made arrangements to leave my car for several days with a top tech). Supposed to get more info tomorrow and very conflicted as to what to do. On one hand, I am disgusted by the terrible customer service, on the other hand, thought the system was good quality and well priced (even with matching rotors, performance pads and stainless steel liners for the back, cost about the same as stop tech and a lot less than Brembo). Any thoughts?
Thanx
Old 07-12-2015, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ebay, in stock, new. only downside for the RS5's I've heard is pad selection if you want hardcore track pads.

ECS is at the whim of Audi for these parts, similar thing happened to me for some eCodes, I ended up canceling them, but I didn't experience any bad customer service.

Last edited by will13k7; 07-12-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm very sorry about the delays. You have a PM inbound from me requesting a little info so I can pull up the order and pull more detailed info.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:10 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

I've ordered from ECS in the past and have never had bad customer service. They are always friendly. I did have a similar situation regarding backordered parts tho. What I did notice is when you look up a part in their online catalog, the web site always states "ships in 2 days" or something similar. When I got notified of some of my parts being backordered the rep told me that all of their parts say "ships in 2 days" but in the event that someone orders something and they find out that Audi's warehouses don't have it, they then mark it in their catalog as backordered. From what I gathered, ECS keeps stock on some stuff but not everything. When they have to get a part from Audi's stateside warehouses, they are at the mercy of wether or not Audi's warehouses actually have it in stock too (which they claim to not know until the item is purchased). If Audi's stateside warehouses don't have it in stock and it has to be ordered from Germany, they wont have an ETA as to when it will come in or even if Audi's Germany warehouses even has the part in stock themselves. I made it a habit to call ECS and do an actual stock check on parts before I place my order online. I still go through them though because their prices are very competitive.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a not so good experience with ECS Tuning also. My order consisted of two items. I called them on the phone, ordered and paid. I hung up with the expectation that my order would ship in a day or two. I even received an order confirmation email. When I checked the status of my order the next day, I saw that there was a problem. I called to ask what was going on, and they told me that one of the items was 'no longer available.' This item was the main reason for my order. The second item was more of a spontaneous purchase. I cancelled the order and was issued a refund. What's weird, is that in my confirmation email right now, I see conflicting information. In the item description, it says 'No Longer Available', but just to the right under availability, it says 'Current Availability Aug 6th.' Very strange.....
Old 07-21-2015, 06:02 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AForePlayin'03
I had a not so good experience with ECS Tuning also. My order consisted of two items. I called them on the phone, ordered and paid. I hung up with the expectation that my order would ship in a day or two. I even received an order confirmation email. When I checked the status of my order the next day, I saw that there was a problem. I called to ask what was going on, and they told me that one of the items was 'no longer available.' This item was the main reason for my order. The second item was more of a spontaneous purchase. I cancelled the order and was issued a refund. What's weird, is that in my confirmation email right now, I see conflicting information. In the item description, it says 'No Longer Available', but just to the right under availability, it says 'Current Availability Aug 6th.' Very strange.....
Do you have a part number? I'd be happy to look into this.

Jason