S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

:: ECS Tuning :: NEW!! B8 S4 ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake System

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 06:12 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default :: ECS Tuning :: NEW!! B8 S4 ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake System

Crafted from hand-laid carbon fiber and utilizing a fiberglass interior layer, the Audi B8 S4 Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake sets a new benchmark in appearance and durability - all while resisting the performance-robbing effects of engine heat soak.

ECS has subjected this system to rigorous real-world testing, including power-gain measurements on our in-house chassis dynometer.

The convergence of unrivaled beauty, perfected fitment, industry-standard quality, and evidence-based performance claims has resulted in a gorgeous power-enhancer beyond anything available for your 3.0T.

The New Benchmark

Click HERE to order or for more information

Fits:
Audi B8 S4 (2010+)

Be sure to check out our -----> Installation PDF <-----

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jason
Old 04-28-2015, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have one of these on their B8?
Old 04-28-2015, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey guys Have a quick question how can you tell the difference between the stock pulley and the APR pulley
Old 04-28-2015, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not familiar with this koeft luft ....company. How long have they been around? Shall we assume german made?
Old 04-29-2015, 05:31 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by s4 B8
Hey guys Have a quick question how can you tell the difference between the stock pulley and the APR pulley
APR is smaller than OEM. For future reference please keep off topic posts to PM, thanks!

Originally Posted by SpeedTriplemark
Not familiar with this koeft luft ....company. How long have they been around? Shall we assume german made?
ECS Tuning has been around for many years. We've just released this line of intake for B8 S4 yesterday.

Jason
Old 04-30-2015, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just got mine today! I'm not sure if I can get around to installing it today but I'll post pics and vids asap!
Old 04-30-2015, 01:30 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by s4.syoo6
Just got mine today! I'm not sure if I can get around to installing it today but I'll post pics and vids asap!
Looking forward to your feed back!!

Jason
Old 05-01-2015, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I received and was able to install my intake yesterday. Jason was extremely helpful (EXCELLENT communication) and I was incredibly shocked at how fast I received the intake. FYI, this went on a 2015 S4 6MT - bone stock. Here goes! (sorry for the crappy pictures lol)

The box the intake was shipped in.

Packaging materials with another box inside of the original packaging box.

Packaged very well.

Each individual CF piece is wrapped in foam and then bubble wrapped to ensure safe shipment. My pup wanted to lend a hand!

All of the packaging material taken off.

The CF filter cover (top portion)

The CF intake tube

The finished product! Looks incredible!

Overall, the product looks very well designed. CF is consistent throughout (I've seen some hand laid cf that looks very ugly around the corners, etc.).

Fitment was spot on for me. I had zero issues.

Everything needed for installation was inside of the box. There was no manual included, so you'll have to make sure you have it on your phone or print it before attempting install.

Installation was a breeze. The most difficult part was getting all of the OEM parts off (damn clips!) and maneuvering my fat hands around to take off the OEM breather hose and squeeze on the vent hose.

I was only able to take the car around for a few minutes after the install but the instake sounds amazing. Under normal driving conditions (I drive as conservatively as possible) you cannot hear much of a difference. Once I started revving a little higher, the intake was definitely noticeable.

As far as performance gains, I'd like to say that my butt dyno feels a slight improvement in acceleration/response. But you don't put on an intake to get +100whp, that's what the hello kitty stickers are for

All in all, great quality product. Looks and sounds incredible in your engine bay. I haven't heard the intake from the outside yet. I'll post videos in the next few days.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Thank you for the thorough and very detailed review of our intake Sam! It sure does look awesome in a white engine bay!

Anxious to hear your response when you really get to open it up and hear the intake at full song!

And it only gets better when you start doing other mods such as software tune and the APR pulley!

Cheers!

Jason
Old 05-02-2015, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks, awaiting drive by videos.

Quick Reply: :: ECS Tuning :: NEW!! B8 S4 ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik Intake System