S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How to Enable Audi Individual Drive Select - VCDS

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sendmeone
Ok I have enabled a couple of more Bits and all it displayed was the Steering and Suspension, which does not make a difference to me since I dont have the hardware installed, but maybe ezveedub can elaborate a little more on it if needed. (Picture Attached)

ezveedub, thanks again for the knowledge
This is the only option I have ever changed in my S4 anmd I really cant say ther is any different in steering or sport diff feel. I did, however, see an RPM diff in Dynamic mode after setting the MMI Engine/Gear box setting to Dynamic (rather than AUTO OR COMFORT) Essentially, the RPM's are higher in 5th and 6th gears when the car is in Dynamic mode (after the MMI Engine/Gear box setting has been re-configured)

Is there any trick in restarting the MMI or will pushing the "RETURN" car do the trick?

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 05-30-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zulujams
Cool! Early posts on this said you could only make hard changes with vagcom and would have to go back in with the cable every time you wanted to change it. Glad to see you really can set it up in MMI. I'm guessing that you did things correctly with the question about a 1 versus a 5 in the hidden menu. If you didn't do it correctly, I don't think it would even show up right in MMI. I had a hard time with ambient lighting for awhile...got it to show in MMI so I did the hidden menu right, but I messed something else up so the option was grayed out in MMI. All fixed now. Sendmeone, now we just need to trade up for the missing hardware ;-) Did I see that you may be doing something like that b/c of issues? I'd love to trade up but for now I'm facing home repairs/upgrades and possibly a new vehicle for the wife very soon.
In the hidden menu, I used a 1 and the 5 and both worked. I am not sure what it changes.

Yes, as of June 4 my new 2013 will arrive to the dealer from the port. The vehicle has been in South Florida since May 25, I had to make a little compromise on my order by not doing a special order. Instead I was able to select one of the first vehicles of my choice that was being delivered to the dealer...someone is going to be pist that I took their car.

I picked a S4 Prestige, Black/Black Nappa,Audi Sport Diff, 19"

Will post pics as soon as I receive it.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
This is the only option I have ever changed in my S4 anmd I really cant say ther is any different in steering or sport diff feel. I did, however, see an RPM diff in Dynamic mode after setting the MMI Engine/Gear box setting to Dynamic (rather than AUTO OR COMFORT) Essentially, the RPM's are higher in 5th and 6th gears when the car is in Dynamic mode (after the MMI Engine/Gear box setting has been re-configured)

Is there any trick in restarting the MMI or will pushing the "RETURN" car do the trick?
In the manual that I have provide below you will see the steps on resetting the MMI. Just download the PDF for your reference
Old 05-30-2012, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here it is for a quick reference, resetting 3G MMI:

Old 05-30-2012, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I have enabled a couple of more Bits and all it displayed was the Steering and Suspension, which does not make a difference to me since I dont have the hardware installed, but maybe ezveedub can elaborate a little more on it if needed. (Picture Attached)

Enabling steering and suspension won't do anything, since those are settings for the variable steering and the stiffness setting of the suspension and you don't have that installed. The engine/transmission will be just like using "S" mode or "D" mode. In "S" mode, the engine will hold gears longer and rev out more before up shifting. In a 8 speed auto, it will hold on to 6 or 7 gear longer before upshifting to 8 gear on the highway. I assume in a DSG 7 speed, 6 gear will be used more before 7 gear on the highway.

Last edited by ezveedub; 05-30-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks ezveedub, do you know if enabling the this will give me the Launch Control functionality?

From the supplement flyer that we sent to me states that I have to place the ADS in "Dynamic" or in the "S" position in one of the steps, please confirm if it can be done
Old 05-30-2012, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
That's impossible. Settings in the MMI can't change the gear ratios of the transmission.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks ezveedub, do you know if enabling the this will give me the Launch Control functionality?

From the supplement flyer that we sent to me states that I have to place the ADS in "Dynamic" or in the "S" position in one of the steps, please confirm if it can be done
All the 2012 s-tronic, ADS or non-ADS, SD or non-SD, have LC. That's why Audi sent you that page. Many non-SD owners on the forum have also confirmed this.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 4SIDUA
All the 2012 s-tronic, ADS or non-ADS, SD or non-SD, have LC. That's why Audi sent you that page. Many non-SD owners on the forum have also confirmed this.
Thanks for the confirmation, will try it out this morning.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is great, sendmeone, very timely for me. It looks like you were able to turn on the suspension option. Do you recall what byte/bit combination that was to turn it on (haha, I'm trying to do the opposite, turn off the ADS suspension as I want to install coilovers).

Also, with steering and suspension on, do you get a CEL/error saying it can't speak to the specific ADS components they talk to, i.e, the steering servtronic that offers variable ratio and the ADS suspension?

cheer
allen

Quick Reply: How to Enable Audi Individual Drive Select - VCDS