S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

New 2015 Sepang Blue, Prestige, Nogaro Blue interior, Black Optic, Sport Diff!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by charlesml3
Yea. It looks like this color combination wasn't as exclusive as we believed. It kinda sounds like they created a "Special Edition" with that combination but didn't exclude dealers and individuals from ordering it on a "non SE" car.

By the way, what else was part of the Special Edition car, if you know?

-Charles
Nogaro special edition review..
http://fourtitude.com/features/Reviews_amp_Road_Tests_14/driven-2014-audi-s4-nogaro-blue-design-package/
Old 01-27-2016, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like you and I have just about the same, identical car. Since I picked mine up last March, I've gone Stage II pulley/engine/DSC upgrade, AWE Touring exhaust with resonated downpipes and 102mm black diamond tips, UPS intakes, carbon fiber rear valance, RS4-style mesh grill, toe hook license plate mount, carbon fiber mirror caps, custom Lloyds floor mats, and radar detector direct wired into rear view. Soon will be custom S4 mats from the UK in Royal Blue and Akebono brake pads.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Can you post some pics? That sounds like a really cool combination.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomS4B8
Can you post some pics? That sounds like a really cool combination.
There are lots of pics on page 1 of this post.

-Charles
Old 02-07-2016, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis
Looks like you and I have just about the same, identical car. Since I picked mine up last March, I've gone Stage II pulley/engine/DSC upgrade, AWE Touring exhaust with resonated downpipes and 102mm black diamond tips, UPS intakes, carbon fiber rear valance, RS4-style mesh grill, toe hook license plate mount, carbon fiber mirror caps, custom Lloyds floor mats, and radar detector direct wired into rear view. Soon will be custom S4 mats from the UK in Royal Blue and Akebono brake pads.
Sorry, accidentally did a quick reply. Meant to quote Mid-Life for pics.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Charles, great buy. Never seen blue seats before but I think they look great. How do you like the way the car drives, now that you've had it for a couple months? I always wanted an S4, but got a fully loaded A6 instead . . . same engine, but more luxurious interior - best of both worlds.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CurlyStooge
Charles, great buy. Never seen blue seats before but I think they look great. How do you like the way the car drives, now that you've had it for a couple months? I always wanted an S4, but got a fully loaded A6 instead . . . same engine, but more luxurious interior - best of both worlds.
Good question, and something I'd just been thinking about last week. So it's hard to find much to complain about with the S4. It has loads of power, a terrific transmission and wonderful handling. I know there are lots of tuner kits for this car to ramp up the HP but I don't really see the point. The car has gobs of power.

The S4 is most certainly a "drivers car." Audi did about as much as they could to keep the driver informed and in-touch with the car at all times. All of the controls are laid out in an intuitive manner. It seems like every time I wonder "Is there a way to do... this?" I look in the manual and it's there.

The Voice Command system in the S4 is just brilliant. I use it almost all the time. Far, far beyond the useless one in my last car. Go through the training exercise with it and then learn the really useful commands. There's a thread on this over in the "electronics" subforum. The nav system integrated with Google Maps is terrific.

There are some things I wish were better. The Jukebox is all but useless. 3000 song limit and it's not easy to take music off and put something else on. I pretty much just stream music directly off my iPhone with the Audi Connect App over Wifi. I wish it had power folding mirrors.

The OEM Continental tires are loud. Now saying that, I knew what I was getting into with Z rated tires. They're all loud and this isn't my first car to run them. I understand the Pilot Sports are somewhat quieter.

Overall the car is pretty spectacular. I'm disappointed to learn the DSG has been eliminated for the 2017. It's one of my favorite aspects of this car.

-Charles
Old 02-15-2016, 01:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by charlesml3
There are lots of pics on page 1 of this post.

-Charles
Here's a few...

RS4-style mesh grill

Carbon fiber rear diffuser and 102mm black diamond exhaust tips (from AWE Touring exhaust)

Lloyds custom floor mats

Love the Nogaro Blue interior

Nogaro Blue!

Gotta love blue!
Old 05-06-2016, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same here

Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis
Looks like you and I have just about the same, identical car.
I have the exact same configuration. I purchased mine in June 2015 in SC.

Here is my understanding of the background on these cars based on very lengthy discussions with my dealer and Audi. These were in fact a special / limited run of cars from Audi - not dealer ordered. These cars were built by Audi (similar to Nogaro Special Edition cars you see in articles) with the exact same configuration. Audi distributed these cars to some of their best (highest volume) dealers within a given region. The kicker is that Audi still owned them while they were on dealer lots. That is why we could get a good deal (I did as well) on one after they sat on the lot for a while.

I have only been able to locate 13 of these cars in the US so far (New Jersey to Florida to California). I do not know how many (if any) were sent to the rest of the world. Audi was not much help here because they do not seem to have a way to search for Nogaro Special Edition interiors. All of these cars show up as "black interior" on their system - see window sticker just under exterior color. In late 2015 (after 2016 switch over) - Audi only listed 61 S4's with Sepang exterior and Black interior. The absolute most with Nogaro interior would be all "black" interior cars at 60 units or so. But I know of at least a handful of real blank interior with Sepang exterior. So the real number with Nogaro interior is less than 60.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by markN1689
plus the 'special edition' nogaro s4 6 speed is like 60k+

can we see the rest of that sticker? i want to see how much the package and total price is
S4 Nogaro Blue Edition option was listed at $4100
Total price listed at $64,045.

BUT - I don't know anyone that did not get a much better deal.

Quick Reply: New 2015 Sepang Blue, Prestige, Nogaro Blue interior, Black Optic, Sport Diff!