S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

New Guy with lots of Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 07:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Digital_Bees
My guess is that it's new for 2015, after the engineers realized every Kia coming off the line has it standard. Well, maybe not every one, but you get the idea. It's fairly common
Yes, I have had rental Toyotas with it. The feature list on the Audi site is still for 2014, so I guess that makes it pretty certain for my 2015 October European Delivery.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Coulda swore I heard people griping about the B8.5 not having it, but I stand corrected.
Yup, the MY2013 B8s were upgraded to MMI 3G Nav Plus which added bluetooth audio, Audi Connect, Google Earth, in car wifi, and more.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put the Tune2air in my 2011 and it works JUST THE SAME as the factory blue tooth in my previous 2014 S4. Cost $80
. The Prem + pre 2013 cars do not have mirrors that tilt in reverse. NO B8 S4s have folding mirros but there is a kit avilable to allow them to fold. BUT with a simple vag com change, they will tilt in reverse
Old 07-02-2014, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Actually, the mileage and term of the Fidelity warranty and others is calculated from the new car delivery date. When purchased on a used car, the same applies. So, for example, a 7 yr/70K mile extended warranty would only add 3 more years or 20K miles, whichever comes first, to the existing manf warranty. Also be aware these warranties have exclusions not found on the OEM warranty and often have deductibles for each service incidence.
I'm afraid I disagree. I have a Fidelity warranty and it clearly starts on the purchase date of the warranty and extends to the mileage in the warranty + the mileage at the time of purchase, which is why they include the vehicle mileage in the warranty agreement. I got the car in August 2012 and purchased the 5/100 warranty in February 2014 when the car had just under 25K miles on it. I am certain it runs until the earlier of February 2019 or just under 125K miles. Not all warranties work the same way. A 5/100 from AAA, for example, would get you 5 years from the warranty purchase date or 100K total vehicle miles, whichever occurs first.

I concur that you should always get the warranty agreement and review it thoroughly before purchasing. They are definitely not all the same and even the Fidelity warranties have 5 different tiers of coverage ranging from Powertrain only to Platinum. See "Service Contract Period":

Last edited by RickFLS4; 07-02-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DrGP
Put the Tune2air in my 2011 and it works JUST THE SAME as the factory blue tooth in my previous 2014 S4. Cost $80 ViseeO WMA 1000 - Tune2Air - YouTube. The Prem + pre 2013 cars do not have mirrors that tilt in reverse. NO B8 S4s have folding mirros but there is a kit avilable to allow them to fold. BUT with a simple vag com change, they will tilt in reverse

i plan to use my galaxy s5, would this still work just as well, quality wise? And I just purchased the 3.5mm aux cable, and not the ipod, im buying it offline rather than the audi dealership since id rather spend the money saved on the Bluetooth audio adapter. Does the adapter connect automatically after the first pair attempt?
Old 07-03-2014, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Pretty sure it's the same for Android, and the quality with BT4 is superb. All new Androis have the same technology as in the iPhone 5, 5C, and 5S.

Do a quick search though and I'm sure you'll find the definitive answer. I believe you want the 1000 model, and the device has memory and should auto-connect once you've got the switched power engaged.

Originally Posted by JKrups06
i plan to use my galaxy s5, would this still work just as well, quality wise? And I just purchased the 3.5mm aux cable, and not the ipod, im buying it offline rather than the audi dealership since id rather spend the money saved on the Bluetooth audio adapter. Does the adapter connect automatically after the first pair attempt?
Old 07-03-2014, 06:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My Preferred Advantage "warranty" goes through 75K, and it was not 75K on top of the manufacturers warranty (75K in total). It has a deductible of $100, but it covers almost anything that goes wrong -- aside from incidentals due to stupidity.

Also note that you MUST adhere to manufacturers specifications with regard to maintenance. If you miss anything, it is at the warranty company's discretion as to whether or not they will cover the work. Obviously, it's good practice to follow the schedule in your book, but it is something to keep in mind if you decide to buy an extended "warranty"/protection plan.

Originally Posted by RickFLS4
I'm afraid I disagree. I have a Fidelity warranty and it clearly starts on the purchase date of the warranty and extends to the mileage in the warranty + the mileage at the time of purchase, which is why they include the vehicle mileage in the warranty agreement. I got the car in August 2012 and purchased the 5/100 warranty in February 2014 when the car had just under 25K miles on it. I am certain it runs until the earlier of February 2019 or just under 125K miles. Not all warranties work the same way. A 5/100 from AAA, for example, would get you 5 years from the warranty purchase date or 100K total vehicle miles, whichever occurs first.

I concur that you should always get the warranty agreement and review it thoroughly before purchasing. They are definitely not all the same and even the Fidelity warranties have 5 different tiers of coverage ranging from Powertrain only to Platinum. See "Service Contract Period":

Old 07-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKrups06
You will need to buy a Tune2 air that is not for the iphone. Once it is paired. it automatically connects.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

My Preferred Advantage "warranty" goes through 75K, and it was not 75K on top of the manufacturers warranty (75K in total). It has a deductible of $100, but it covers almost anything that goes wrong -- aside from incidentals due to stupidity.

Also note that you MUST adhere to manufacturers specifications with regard to maintenance. If you miss anything, it is at the warranty company's discretion as to whether or not they will cover the work. Obviously, it's good practice to follow the schedule in your book, but it is something to keep in mind if you decide to buy an extended "warranty"/protection plan.
Yeah, that's what makes them so difficult to compare - they don't all work the same way. My deductible is $250 and also covers almost everything (aside from some limited specific exclusions). Without looking it up I believe the cost was $3,200 but coverage to 125K miles was a big deal to me and price difference to only 100K miles wasn't that big a difference.

Agreed on maintenance. Warranty or not, I wouldn't plan on hanging onto a car like this past 100K miles without having regular maintenance.