S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Picked up my 2012 Monsoon Gray S4

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris
+1

Also, I have yet to do anything to my exhaust, but personally, I really prefer the look of oval tips versus round. Then again, it's your car.
I agree the pipes stick out way too far, but I kinda like the round, however I prefer the oval as well.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SFV A4
Going to have to give a big thumbs down. The tailpipes are terrible.
Appreciate the feedback. To each their own. At least I helped you decide if you plan on purchasing an exhaust system to NOT go with STaSIS.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

I found pictures of the actual STaSIS vehicle and their exhaust is installed in the same manner. Apparently STaSIS wanted to provide a large stainless tip as opposed to the little ones that Audi's come with. Personally, I find the stock exhaust tips are too small for the car.

Last edited by MonSoonHell; 07-08-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MonSoonHell
My views have changed somewhat....I am still touching the seat controls..but now it is only forward or backwards. We are talking inches though. One major thing I am doing is not carrying my weapon on my side, but sticking my gun in the small of my back with no holster. Even though you continue to mention that Audi will void my warranty. They will flag my car...but the dealership I am going too has not had any issues when it comes to warranty work with Audi. More people have gone with APR than STaSIS.

Regardless, I have no reason to believe that something will go wrong with my S4, especially since I am not one to track it, nor go down the quarter mile. The main reason is the quality of parts already in the S4 from factory and that STaSIS is conservative with its tune. But, let me put it this way...I had a tuned TBSS and was able to receive a brand new transmission when I grenaded it at 43000 miles. It really depends on the dealer. And since this dealer is mod friendly and proving it by installing the mod components, I believe the odds are in my favor for a favorable outcome, in the event something does go wrong.

We shall see...
haha you carry a gun. thats so bad ***. do you have a video of the car yet?
Old 07-13-2012, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Alright...just got back from the dealer with the STaSIS Challenge Package Exhaust and Touring Package Suspension (springs and larger rear sway bar). Definitely lower than I had thought, but I like it. Not sure about the handling as of yet, but the exhaust is definitely deeper and louder (not obnoxious). Here are the pictures. Will video the exhaust soon.

Saving the best view for last...

And yes, I know...I know... I plan on getting spacers. Too far in for my taste. Plus, I plan on using the current rims for my winter setup. I am still open to which rims I want...but they have to be 20x9s all around.
do you like what stasis did to the car? hows the handling? and performance for that matter. your car is gorgeous
Old 07-16-2012, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Parker W. Rusack
do you like what stasis did to the car? hows the handling? and performance for that matter. your car is gorgeous
I wasn't expecting my S4 to be as low as it is when I picked her up at the dealership..I plan on getting wider rims, as it is quite apparent that the Titanium wheels are not wide enough. The handling is not rough, even in Dynamic mode. There is no body roll when taking exits. Hell, I thought in stock form the S4 rode on rails...even more so now.

I am going to Waterfest this weekend and may purchase the STaSIS tune, as there is a sale going on and it will take less than 60 minutes to complete. Of course the warranty comes with it. I am not 100 percent sold on doing it yet, as the damn TD1 code tends to be a deal breaker.

Thank you for the props.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

I found pictures of the actual STaSIS vehicle and their exhaust is installed in the same manner. Apparently STaSIS wanted to provide a large stainless tip as opposed to the little ones that Audi's come with. Personally, I find the stock exhaust tips are too small for the car.
I still think yours stick out further. Having tips that are larger in diameter doesn't mean they need to stick out further. I went from 3.25 to 4.25 inch tips and fitment is just as good as stock.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
I still think yours stick out further. Having tips that are larger in diameter doesn't mean they need to stick out further. I went from 3.25 to 4.25 inch tips and fitment is just as good as stock.
That is not what I meant when I mentioned they are larger. Let me correct myself and say they are longer than other tips. If you were standing up against the rear of my car and looked down, you can't see the inner tips at all, only the outer tips. And not because they stick out further than the bumper, but only because the valance curves. They perhaps could go in a few millimeters, at best, however, if they go in any further than that you will not be able to see "STaSIS" on top of the inner tips.

Next time I visit the dealership, I will make an inquiry.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey, how have you liked the silver and black leather? I will be placing an order for a monsoon gray prestige and am deciding on all black leather or your combo.

Hey everyone. My name is Bill and I just picked up my 2012 Monsoon Gray, Prestige, Titanium Package S4. It has the manual transmission.

It has the Silk Nappa Leather - Black/Spectral Silver Interior, Adaptive Cruise Control w/braking guard and Sports Differential.

The purchase story is interesting...The dealership called both my brother and I on Wednesday (Feb. 29) and stated they had to move four vehicles by midnight to make their quota. I ended up purchasing the above and my brother purchased a 2012 Black S5 (auto), which he will pick up his car today (saturday).

February was an interesting month for my family. On February 18, I had purchased a 2012 A7, Prestige for my fiancee'...so the Audi dealership loves us.

And yes I know you will want to see pictures...I have pictures of the S4 and will have pictures of my fiancee's A7 and brother's S5 after I return from my vacation.

BUTTT...before the pictures begin..hold off on your Tint the Window comments, it was part of the purchase package, but I wanted the car before my vacation began, so I took it before they tinted my windows. The dealer will tint my windows, when I return from my vacation.

Here is MonSoonHell....let the drooling begin (j/k)..

One more...

Old 03-21-2013, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

A Youtube video on my In Car Video..

Last edited by MonSoonHell; 03-21-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Picked up my 2012 Monsoon Gray S4