S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Review of my new 2015 s4

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review of my new 2015 s4

My 2015 S4, has only been driven 200 miles as I had to work and weekends were filled up. The car is awesome. I particularly like the S Tronictransmission. I have driven manual transmission cars since 1968. Yes Tronic is truly amazing. The fit and finish of the interior is absolutely incredible. The steering in dynamic mode is this is the car is on rails. I don't not know if there is good feedback but do not care. The dashDashboard is clear and concise. I particularly like the digital speedometer. I am glad I did not cheap out and buy a non-tech package car. I love the camera. I love the site assist. I love the way the controls are laid out on the center consul. I can't believe I can play movies.but I guess I never will. The B &O sound system is pretty good, I appreciate the ability to hear HD radio stations. If the signal is not strong enough the radioThe radio switches over to regular FM. The car is quiet, extremely fast. The acceleration in dynamic mode will ping youback on your seat. Gas mileage is not so good yet. On my last tank I got 17.4 miles per gallon.however the temperature was between 30 and 40° and most of my driving was very short distance city traffic. Yes I get cold weather brake squeal. But that is normal and the brakes have not been been beded in.this is the first car in 15 years of road test that I had to buy. I do not know why it took me so long.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congratulations. I just got my S4 last week. Was considering the A4, but the S4 test drive did it for me too.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations to the both of you! Many happy and safe miles. I've had mine for 9 months now and I'm still all smiles behind the wheel.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Just got mine last weekend, has just under 200 miles on it and love it. Sure, I wish I had ordered one and gotten the Sport Diff and not gotten the fine leather option just from a delicate care standpoint...LOL.....but I was made an offer I couldn't refuse on a Sepang Blue S-Tronic in the showroom. LOL

It was amazing to switch from comfort to dynamic while cruising at 60 and FEEL the entire car change feel and tighten up. Haven't really played with the S-Tronic much, waiting for the engine to break in before putting it through it's paces. I've gotten just a smidge over 22mpg but the tank isn't done yet and again, I have been taking it easy and mostly highway and freeway travel. I atribute it to the engine breaking in and the super sticky summer tires.

It's been at or around freezing here and have had zero brake squeal though.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey jyges, did your s4 come with a/s tires, or did you put them on after you bought it?
Old 11-30-2014, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

I ordered that way, do not care about lowering of top speed from 155 to 130. I will never drive that fast anyway.car is in Ct, A/S tires are a necessity.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

babying your new S4 is the absolute wrong thing to do for your engine. My 2011 S4 with 88,000 miles hasn't burned a drop oil and is always full at the time of the oil change every 10,000 miles. Here is a link that will guide you. PLEASE DON'T baby your car!! Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power
Old 12-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

On your B&O, check the settings, my dealer originally had it set to something other than "driver" when I changed it to "driver" mode, wow, really transformed the sound. Also, don't baby your car, look at my message above. Welcome to b8/b8.5 S4 world!

Last edited by Drewalk; 12-05-2014 at 05:59 PM. Reason: placement
Old 12-07-2014, 11:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

good read and good to know, audi manual says "baby it" and this article says "drive it like you stole it"... Really like to know what the correct way is
Old 12-07-2014, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jyges
I ordered that way, do not care about lowering of top speed from 155 to 130. I will never drive that fast anyway.car is in Ct, A/S tires are a necessity.
Agree. Did this as well. Great for Colorado mountains. No need to store and hassle with two sets of tires.

If I want to drive over 130 I havw three other options.

Best

Quick Reply: Review of my new 2015 s4