S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

S4 vs M5

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 vs M5

So i have a 2010 audi s4 with apr stage 1 ecu and everything else is stock. I love the car had it for almost 2 months now and i hadn't lost in a street race (until yesturday). ever since i got the car i been waiting for a m3 to try to speed by me everytime i seen one they never want to go but finally i met the m5 and of course the light was red no car in front of us on the expressway so it was on. I had the edge from the start but he caught up and got in front of me but the s4 was keeping up and so i lost (kinda expected) but i feel like the s4 is capable of going against the m5. i do plan on getting the stage 2 pulley upgrade and replace the intake fillter and not sure yet but most likey awe exhaust so now i'm curious would those mods make the s4 a true competitor against the m5 if not what mod's are capable to get the s4 to m5 speed.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:17 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to purchase a $50K C7 Corvette. Otherwise, drop in an entirely new supercharged or twin turbo V8 engine. Corvette might be cheaper
Old 11-11-2015, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

What model M5... The S4 from a dig to 1/8-1/4 mile has a good chance but from a roll or in the upper speeds you'll get killed by the F10 model...
Old 11-11-2015, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
You need to purchase a $50K C7 Corvette. Otherwise, drop in an entirely new supercharged or twin turbo V8 engine. Corvette might be cheaper
LOL! You've never modded any of your S4's have you? Funny I destroyed the new vette I raced at the strip... 10+ cars...
Old 11-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by primetime
LOL! You've never modded any of your S4's have you? Funny I destroyed the new vette I raced at the strip... 10+ cars...
You never saw my shark fin? Audi Picture by DrGP | 1085524 | AudiWorld.com
Old 11-11-2015, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Heck, I have an A3 Quattro, 2.0 turbo, four door hatchback,..... APR stage 2+ and a few other mods....bye bye Mustang 5.0's, Camaro SS, Charger SRT's, etc. etc......

From a dig, I can take an M3 and M5, light to light. But they have it on the big end. So you just have to pick your battles.

If I go to the GTX turbo system, which is an off the shelf, proven over and over again system, would be about 450 hp and 450 ft tq, which is another 100 hp and 100 ft tq.....I know I could take them then.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
*GREAT* comeback! Kinda made my day, and I had doughnuts for breakfast, too.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah, real great comeback... I mean he's owned what 3 s4's now and hasn't modded or drag/road raced any of them, yet he's an acceleration expert... I see... OP makes no mention of what model M5 and even a brand new one is challenged from a dig and quite honestly very close to a well running stage II and in a short race the M5 loses in most situations... He tells the OP to get a C7 or drop a new motor in his S4, what useful and insightful information that is... No wonder this site doesn't get any traffic, shame really...
Old 11-11-2015, 05:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
Yeah, real great comeback... I mean he's owned what 3 s4's now and hasn't modded or drag/road raced any of them, yet he's an acceleration expert... I see... OP makes no mention of what model M5 and even a brand new one is challenged from a dig and quite honestly very close to a well running stage II and in a short race the M5 loses in most situations... He tells the OP to get a C7 or drop a new motor in his S4, what useful and insightful information that is... No wonder this site doesn't get any traffic, shame really...
It was a great comeback. He's a doctor, he bought the S4 for what its worth. If he wanted a faster car, he would have bought a faster car rather than buying a slower car and trying to act like it was a faster car. You think that youve modded your S4 so now youre a drag-strip prince. Take your arrogance and kick rocks, son. You think your modded S4 beat a new Corvette by 10+ car lengths and this is the basis for the be-all-end-all benchmark for S4 performance? If your gently modded S4 beat a new Corvette by 10+ car lengths, I can PROMISE you either you are blowing smoke up everyone's *** or the Corvette SEVERLY screwed up (catastrophic mechanical issues, traction issues in every gear, missed every shift, ect) I mean, to put it bluntly, get off your soap box and get the **** out of here with that attitude. It was a ****ing funny comment intentionally geared to lighten up a situation specifically targeted at someone with too large of an ego and no sense of humor. An M5 has about 200+hp on an S4. Humor is really the only fair response at someone wondering what "mods" he could do to his S4 to make it comparable to an M5 in a street race. I mean, *obviously* your 1200 posts to his 12,000 posts gives your opinion more merit than his. Grow up, son. If you wanted a faster car, maybe you should have bought a faster car. Your **** aint ****. As such, arguing with people like you is never a prudent expenditure of my time or energy. Peace, friend.

Last edited by Monsoonenough; 11-11-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Monsoonenough
It was a great comeback. He's a doctor, he bought the S4 for what its worth. If he wanted a faster car, he would have bought a faster car rather than buying a slower car and trying to act like it was a faster car. You think that youve modded your S4 so now youre a drag-strip prince. Take your arrogance and kick rocks, son. You think your modded S4 beat a new Corvette by 10+ car lengths and this is the basis for the be-all-end-all benchmark for S4 performance? If your gently modded S4 beat a new Corvette by 10+ car lengths, I can PROMISE you either you are blowing smoke up everyone's *** or the Corvette SEVERLY screwed up (catastrophic mechanical issues, traction issues in every gear, missed every shift, ect) I mean, to put it bluntly, get off your soap box and get the **** out of here with that attitude. It was a ****ing funny comment intentionally geared to lighten up a situation specifically targeted at someone with too large of an ego and no sense of humor. An M5 has about 200+hp on an S4. Humor is really the only fair response at someone wondering what "mods" he could do to his S4 to make it comparable to an M5 in a street race. I mean, *obviously* your 1200 posts to his 12,000 posts gives your opinion more merit than his. Grow up, son. If you wanted a faster car, maybe you should have bought a faster car. Your **** aint ****. As such, arguing with people like you is never a prudent expenditure of my time or energy. Peace, friend.
LOL!

That's a nice coherent response... Drinking, son?

What relevance is it that he's a doctor? I'm not even sure he is and again not sure why that is relevant in this discussion? Shall we compare degrees? W2's? I'm game...

Not sure why he bought an S4? He's had 3 so he must like them... Me I fell in love with the B5 when I was young and have owned an S4 ever since 1999... Sorry, I enjoy modding and testing cars, heck I thought that's what sites like this were about... The good doctor has owned a few as well I'm well aware of that... I have no problem with him he just made a stupid comment from someone who was trying to see how his car would do with additional mods... I corrected him and have real life experience to back my comments up unlike the doctor...

I don't think what cars I've beaten I actually go out and beat them... You know real life experience? You should try it sometime... I spanked the new stingray I ran it was hilarious really, 10+ lengths... Car ran fine and the driver wasn't horrible... Do you think every vette driver is John Force? Actually quite the opposite but since you live in an internet world you wouldn't know that...

Just so we're clear newb, I posted to help educate the OP, at no point did he state what year or model M5 now did he son? Again, a well equipped stage II B8 S4 will do find against a F10 M5 from a dig in the 1/8-1/4... I could care less what your dyno chart magazine boy racer attitude and arrogance thinks... Go out and actually test your car you might have fun... Until then don't comment on things you have no idea about...

Oh and not sure why you'd site post count? I've been around a long time just like the doctor, I just choose not to open my mouth and spew BS all the time like he does... You should try that approach sometime son... Got it newb...

Sorry you had to waste time on my son...

Quick Reply: S4 vs M5