S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

s4 winter tires/wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s4 winter tires/wheels

I just recently purchased a 2013 S4, which came stock with 19" wheels and summer tires. I was curious as to what people were running with these cars in the winter. I was thinking I would/should go down to 18"s for the winter. What has everyone else done and does anyone have any recommendations as to wheel/tire combo and appropriate sizes? Thanks!
Old 05-16-2016, 07:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Living in Kentucky, I just picked up a set of Conti DWS all season tires. I realize I'm losing a bit of sportiness compared to summer rubber, but overall, they're the perfect blend of sportiness and inclement weather traction. With the snow and ice we see here, my s4's a beast in the winter. Nice ride now as well.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought the DWS06 back in December for the CT/upstate NY winters and run dedicated 19" summer tires May-November. We didn't really get much snow this year, so can't say how good they can be in real snow, but they have been great as an all-season so far.

If you really want an animal get some 18" winter only tires, and a nice set of 19" performance tires for the rest of the year.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by togatown
I bought the DWS06 back in December for the CT/upstate NY winters and run dedicated 19" summer tires May-November. We didn't really get much snow this year, so can't say how good they can be in real snow, but they have been great as an all-season so far.

If you really want an animal get some 18" winter only tires, and a nice set of 19" performance tires for the rest of the year.

I am leaning towards the 18" winter only wheels and tires, just wanted to make sure that size was the right move. I'm also upstate NY (Clifton Park), so I'm guessing next winter won't be as mild as this past one.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I run a set of stock A4 18" with snows.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

The S4 was ordered with 18" all weather Contis. We get lots of snow in the Colorado mountains where we live and they work great.

The 2015 RS5 runs with mich pilot ss all weathers. Works great winter and summer.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bottom line is a dedicated snow will out perform any all season radial all day long in the snow. It isn't even close. If you want that type of performance then spend the extra money and get a second set. If you can live with the performance of a decent all season, just do that. Remember that a snow is designed to just perform in snow, so it really shines. Most things that do everything are pretty good at everything and great at nothing. Personally, I run snows on every car I own, except the Raptor, well, cause you just don't need to. HAHA
Old 05-23-2016, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default S4 Winter tires

Originally Posted by pophamad
I just recently purchased a 2013 S4, which came stock with 19" wheels and summer tires. I was curious as to what people were running with these cars in the winter. I was thinking I would/should go down to 18"s for the winter. What has everyone else done and does anyone have any recommendations as to wheel/tire combo and appropriate sizes? Thanks!

I have a 2013 S4, I was stationed in Germany and just returned to the states last year. I was running 18" OEM rims from my old A4 with Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3's. They were amazing in the snow and slush, they handled well in these conditions. Of course the road noise was a bit louder but it is to be expected. I am currently stationed in the south and won't be needing them. I am considering selling them in the next few months, message me if you are interested.
Attached Thumbnails s4 winter tires/wheels-img_0257.jpg  
Old 06-18-2016, 03:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Snows

I'm looking to buy a wheel and tire package for my s4. Are yours for sale? What do you have? I live near Philly.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Drdrew229
I'm looking to buy a wheel and tire package for my s4. Are yours for sale? What do you have? I live near Philly.
Drdrew229,
I am currently out of town I will get you specifics and photos when I get back this weekend. I will also look into shipping costs.

Quick Reply: s4 winter tires/wheels