S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

The first "Official" AudiUSA S4 info sent to Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes this is great but still the S4's are being help up by EPA!!
Old 02-26-2017, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Just got an email from my dealer (yesterday) . . . ETA for the arrival of my new S4 is 4/25.

Car is being built in March, boated to the US and transported to Cincinnati.

Dealer said, since I ordered, about 8 days ago, the order queue is starting to get full -- and since my order was already in the system, I will "enjoy" a relatively short turnaround of about 70 days, instead of the "minimum of 100" I was told to expect.

I'm thinking the Daytona Gray Pearl with the Magma interior config will be the one I'll end up with.

Too bad Audi USA decided to bundle the red calipers, active dampers and torque vectoring diff in one package -- based on my driving needs, what I really wanted was the red calipers. The car will come with black ones -- just not worth $2500 for red.

Still, I did go with the Prestige + Driver assistance, which should be quite a technical tour de force.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Dampers and sport diff totally worth it!!! just check that box!!

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
Just got an email from my dealer (yesterday) . . . ETA for the arrival of my new S4 is 4/25.

Car is being built in March, boated to the US and transported to Cincinnati.

Dealer said, since I ordered, about 8 days ago, the order queue is starting to get full -- and since my order was already in the system, I will "enjoy" a relatively short turnaround of about 70 days, instead of the "minimum of 100" I was told to expect.

I'm thinking the Daytona Gray Pearl with the Magma interior config will be the one I'll end up with.

Too bad Audi USA decided to bundle the red calipers, active dampers and torque vectoring diff in one package -- based on my driving needs, what I really wanted was the red calipers. The car will come with black ones -- just not worth $2500 for red.

Still, I did go with the Prestige + Driver assistance, which should be quite a technical tour de force.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIO
Dampers and sport diff totally worth it!!! just check that box!!
Totally agree! The calipers are just icing on the cake.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'd probably be more inclined to go for the sport diff -- as it was priced on my 2014 S4 ($1100) -- if a stand alone option. Just not worth it to me for the extra $ charged for the dampers -- I had them on an earlier car (a 2009 A4), and was just never in a situation where pressing the dynamic button (so to speak) provided any usable improvement.

Not the same animal exactly, but I had (one time out of over two dozens cars, all of them Audis except one) an Acura TL with SH-AWD and I did think that was good tech -- but then again the Acura was 90% FWD, vs the Audi being 60% RWD. I would assume the S4 with the sport diff would be an improvement, but the fake (brake based) "torque vectoring" system on the "standard" S4 should help out with understeer -- not that I have ever had much of an issue with that on an S4.

I would probably be persuaded to go for the sport diff if I could buy it a la carte. Probably, but not definitely.

As a backup, however, I did order TWO '18 S4 Prestige cars, one with the sport package and one with the standard set up. They are BOTH scheduled to arrive at the same time. The one with the sport package is Ibis and the one without is Daytona -- both of them were ordered with the Magma interior.

I'm going to drive both of them and make my decision.

Here's my [daily] deal -- I drive to and from work on I-275, 10 miles (one way), I would -- certainly -- find reasons to "take the long way home" with a new S4 (at least for the first year, hopefully), but, as a practical matter, I would most likely be inclined to take the 10 mile trip when time became an issue (and it always does).

So, I hate to admit it, but the sport diff would probably be more for bragging about having it here on AudiWorld, than it would be for increased performance that I could take advantage of (not that bragging about it here on AW is unimportant).

I'll really shame myself by saying the heated steering wheel and rear seats are probably more attractive -- yet I passed on them (but did order the cold weather package on a new '18 SQ5 that I ordered at the same time as I ordered the S4's) because I have become fond of the flat bottomed steering wheel.

Now to really embarrass myself -- I'd probably get more grins (my own) out of the red calipers.

Drive it like you live!

Last edited by markcincinnati; 02-28-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
It's such a shame.....whoever told the industry all-black (or a dash of grey) interior equals sporty?!?!?!

I personally had to not buy a S model just so I could get an interior color that I wanted. The red is a fun alternative for those that dislike the black/grey, but lets me honest....red won't be for everyone either.

The lack of color, both interior and exterior, is just mind boggling.....and frustrating.
Agreed - Why in the world can't we in the US get some trim options other than aluminum (looks cheap/shiny) and carbon fibre (weave is way too big). What happened to the tasteful dark gray wood?? I don't know why we can't get access to the Exclusive trim options. There are some gorgeous options there. Even the plain piano black that is already on the UK and Germany configurators would be nice!! Audi NA's product planners just make me crazy.....
Old 03-12-2017, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I believe Audi Exclusive IS available for a car YOU order (and with AE, there MAY be a non-refundable deposit, if your order is a likely to be unpopular color combo).

Minimum price for ANYTHING from AE, I believe, is $2,500 -- so if you want the piano black interior, add . . . if you want the "candy apple green" (I made that up) add . . .
Old 03-13-2017, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
I believe Audi Exclusive IS available for a car YOU order (and with AE, there MAY be a non-refundable deposit, if your order is a likely to be unpopular color combo).

Minimum price for ANYTHING from AE, I believe, is $2,500 -- so if you want the piano black interior, add . . . if you want the "candy apple green" (I made that up) add . . .
Per the Audi USA website, it doesn't appear the S4 is part of the Exclusive program save for exterior color or special edition:

•The Audi exclusive Custom Program (interior) is available on the following models: RS 5, A6, S6, A7, S7, RS 7, A8, S8, and R8.
•The Audi exclusive Custom Program (special exterior paint) is available on all 2016 Audi models available in the US.
•Audi exclusive limited editions are available on the S4, A6, S6, A7, S7, RS 5 Coupe and RS 7.
•Audi exclusive line is available on the A4, A5 Coupe, A5 Cabriolet and Q5.

I hope this program is expanded or some additional choices become available.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

The Audi web site is all listing 2016 model year cars. The sad part is all of these new 2017/18 cars are not available with Audi Design options to be ordered. The interior color planning departments of almost all European car companies needs to get it together. There is a large segment of buyers that DESPISE black interiors. And if Audi says, "yeah, but we sell tons of black, so we just decided to make it the only option" my answer is "you are lucky you sell them in black, because you have FORCED everyone to buy black. Just because owners buy black doesn't meant they WANTED black. They compromised because you forced them". My dealer's inventory if comprised of 90% black interiors. Ridiculous.

Seriously, I'll have to move to another brand if they can't get more of these choices sorted out soon. If they can afford to offer us more choices and are doing this to reduce costs by reducing choices, then they need to scale back some other costs so they can offer them here or simply make us pay more for exclusive choices. It's ridiculous that around the world they offer these colors and we are blocked from almost all of them. I had to skip the "S" model on my car because my two choices were black and grey. I see now for the US the TT RS gets ONE color of interior....yup, black. WHY?!?! Who ever decided that black is sporty? It totally sucks and I'll walk before I buy another black car. When we are spending this amount of money I'm not looking to make compromises, I'm looking to get EXACTLY what I want. At least let me pay for the privilege, you do it for others around the world. I mean, look at this color choice for the new TT RS....why are we not getting these here?!?!?
Attached Thumbnails The first "Official" AudiUSA S4 info sent to Dealers-15195999_1215406428530111_5564866942881313431_o.jpg  
Old 03-14-2017, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audi, if you are listening, please add a manual transmission option for the S4.

Quick Reply: The first "Official" AudiUSA S4 info sent to Dealers