S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Order Date For 2017 S4?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ-A6

Well that sounds much better than what my high volume dealer in AZ told me (post #1)

Anyone know when at least the B9 S4 Build Sheets will be available to the USA dealers?
I think a safe bet would be about the same timing as the 2017 A4, just a year later.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

When I left my Audi dealership on Thursday morning, they thought that the new S4 would start arriving this time next year. This morning, I got an email stating that on Friday, the GM had been told by "Audi Corporate" that we'd see the new car this fall. This is just a single data point and I wouldn't bet 50 cents on it, but something may have become more definitive over the last day or so. Fingers crossed. I'm at the top of their list.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
When I left my Audi dealership on Thursday morning, they thought that the new S4 would start arriving this time next year. This morning, I got an email stating that on Friday, the GM had been told by "Audi Corporate" that we'd see the new car this fall. This is just a single data point and I wouldn't bet 50 cents on it, but something may have become more definitive over the last day or so. Fingers crossed. I'm at the top of their list.
I guess that GM did not go to the audi meeting the other week because it will be first quarter 2017
Old 04-17-2016, 11:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CHIO
I guess that GM did not go to the audi meeting the other week because it will be first quarter 2017
I have also got the info from Audi telling it will be available sometime between September to December this year.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by shansoft
I have also got the info from Audi telling it will be available sometime between September to December this year.
Just curious, who was the source of your info?
Old 04-18-2016, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ-A6
Just curious, who was the source of your info?
at the audi meetings that were in texas last month! they also had a new body A6 but with no inside where the windows were blacked out! but they also learned about the new tech that will be in the A6
Old 05-04-2016, 01:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Do you guys have any idea if I would be able to place a european delivery order for this sometime in the middle of this year? I realize that the car may not arrive here officially until end of the year or even beginning of next year sometime, but I am curious how early I am able to do a ED order. Thanks!
Old 05-04-2016, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ahyiah
Do you guys have any idea if I would be able to place a european delivery order for this sometime in the middle of this year? I realize that the car may not arrive here officially until end of the year or even beginning of next year sometime, but I am curious how early I am able to do a ED order. Thanks!
Everything is conjecture right now, but the S4 does appear to be delayed everywhere.

Deliveries of the car were supposed to begin for the European market right around now, but the European configurators are not even live yet. I bet that Europe won't see this car until September, and we won't see a configurator until the winter with deliveries next spring. That's just my (educated?) guess.

Add to that the fact that Audi just doesn't do EDs well. I've done five clockwork BMW EDs, but when I mention it to Audi sales people, they just turn white. Again, my guess is that you won't be able to order an ED S4 until next spring for delivery sometime next summer.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you go to the Audi Germany website, you can download a copy of the B9 A4/S4 brochure. It contains specs, options, exterior/interior colors, etc. for the S4. If you do not understand German, like I do, you will need someone to translate for you or use Google Translator.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by ahyiah
It does not look promising from the Germany Audi webpage, translated:
S4 Limousine > Audi Deutschland

"In regard to availability The Audi S4 sedan is not yet configured. It is expected to be ordered to a basic price of 59,300 euros from summer 2016th we will inform you in good time about the exact implementation date."

http://www.audi.de/dam/nemo/models/m...e_s4-avant.pdf

Quick Reply: Order Date For 2017 S4?