S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Audi S4 B5 Recipes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 07:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi S4 B5 Recipes?

Hi everyone,

I'm getting the itch to start upgrading and modding my car. I ripped off my skid plate in the blizzard a week ago (here in Chicago), and I have a new Thor one waiting to be installed when I get time.

I have to track down an oil leak, and possibly replace my clock spring (broke it during heater core fix), then I'll be back to level playing field.

I'm having a hard time tracking down any sort of recipe information for builds. I understand the basics of the stage 1, stage 2, stage 3 stuff, but everything seems rather foggy for each of them.

Do you have any resources you've come across on the net that show some basic upgrade recipes? I don't want to buy stuff now to go to stage 2, and have to replace it or change it out later for something 'better'.

I am also trying to figure out what I can keep stock, while going stage 1 or 2.

I came across this guys thread, he's making 281hp/325tq @ stage 2 with stock turbos:
audi s4 b5 apr stage 2 dyno sheet input

Someone mentioned adding meth. At what point should you add meth? Which downpipes and up-pipes will allow for future upgrades? I've seen some sold with descriptions that they're for manual transmission cars. I have an auto (Tiptronic).

I understand I need to do my own research, but I was thinking there would be a little more concrete info on some basic upgrades paths to take along the way.

My car currently has upgraded diverter valves (how long are these good for, mine are nearly 10 years old), and a Miltek exhaust. Cat back only I believe.

The best thing I could find was this 'ultimate tuning guide', which was nice for explaining basic issues/mods for the car. Still no straight and narrow recipes however:
The Ultimate 2.7 T upgrade-mod guide? - AudiForums.com