S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Avalon is proud to offer JH Motorsports short shifters..

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default "Shifters come with 2 reduction settings. About 35% and 10%. They retain stock height to

. . . aid in shifting performance. Shorter shafts can be ordered, just specify how much when you order."

from the manufacturer's site<ul><li><a href="http://www.jhmotorsports.com/products/">http://www.jhmotorsports.com/products/</a></li></ul>
Old 04-02-2007, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ty mark, yeah i jsut need a simple % answer, two digit number thats it,
Old 04-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor

Default Sorry for the "painful" response from the sales dept. I know, however the video explains...

pretty thoroughly the process better than I can through a post. I know plenty about it.... and we have a few different apps coming in this week that we will install to gain an even better understanding. We market them, sell them, install them and will continue to serve the AW community with great products as best we can.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor

Default My apologies. All adjustments are made below the pivots. It is prob a good "inch" below

stock pivot point. Throw % is probably nearing 35%.

Again, to reiterate, the height is about the same as stock, as seen in the video. It can be made shorter to your specs if you prefer.

Hope this helps more!
Old 04-02-2007, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Brian, I know that you're trying to change the mediocre image that Avalon has had in the past

I can certainly appreciate that. While the post above wasn't mean, or harsh, or anything like that, it seemed almost more of a brush off. No direct response to the question asked, just a "go watch the vid" - and it wasn't even clear that the answer would be in the vid. Nonetheless, it's such interactions that are going to be seen as mediocre, thus not allowing you to easily move the name away from that exact status. Especially when a company is just selling other peoples products, there needs to be a good reason for a customer to choose to buy from you when they could just as easily go direct. If customers have to go direct to JHM to get their answers, then that's where they're going to go to make their purchases as well.

Here's a recent thread that stands out in my mind about a company that offers similar products as other vendors, but their employees have apparently made a difference in the community:
<a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2615030.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2615030.phtml</a>

And while it's no secret that I'm not a big fan of GIAC tuning, I can certainly acknowledge the efforts and results that Jeff Moss has made at Torque Factory. It seems that a lot of his business is based around GIAC software (someone else's product), yet he has created a market for himself in this area by his customer support and continuous persistance for improvement through collaboration with other vendors/tuners.

I certainly hope that you can indeed turn the name around, how you desire to do so.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor

Default Thank you Mark. I read the post above and realized that came across a bit short and vague

but Andrews post was actually misread. I only saw the height part of the question and felt that I answered the question adequately. I realize now, however, that this was not the case.

I honestly have been working tirelessly trying to make things right. I wish some of the customers I have dealt with recently would chime in, and offer some positive feedback, but that will come in due time. Immediate response to emails, forum replies and adjustment of prices are just the start of the changes being made.

In any case, your feedback is appreciated, and I am not bothered by it at all. We are more than just a middle man however, and will be growing more as with time. In addition, we will be handling updates, reviews and other pertinent info on AW regarding JHM shifters.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Sounds good Brian, I look forward to seeing the company trend for the better
Old 04-02-2007, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

??? ==&gt;&gt; "Andrews post was actually misread" are you talking about me?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor

EDIT: See above
Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Expert

I think he means "my2000APB:K24'd soon"s question: "what is the throw reduction %? height changes?"

Quick Reply: Avalon is proud to offer JH Motorsports short shifters..