S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

How much better is stick co,pared to auto?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much better is stick co,pared to auto?

I have owned a few camaros before all stick shift, so I know that stick shift is better, but I just want to know some opinions on the whole stick vs auto, I want an S4 but I can't find a stick shift for sale only auto, so my question is should I settle for a auto, or wait for a stick shift
Old 05-24-2011, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default hmm..

Originally Posted by Username510
I have owned a few camaros before all stick shift, so I know that stick shift is better, but I just want to know some opinions on the whole stick vs auto, I want an S4 but I can't find a stick shift for sale only auto, so my question is should I settle for a auto, or wait for a stick shift
seems like you already know what you want. Auto costs more to repair and weight a ton more. (something to consider)

A manual transmission can be fixed fairly easily, even in your own garage. (if you got basic mechanic skills) Plus cost effectiveness.. Much cheaper also easier to get the parts.

There's a reason why you can't find any manual transmission... it's the most popular. That's why, also another thing to consider.

Stick with the Stick man!
Chris
Old 05-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

damn i was hoping stick was just a little bit better, i cant wait too much longer to get an s4 but i can only find auto ones, no stick shift
Old 05-24-2011, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another consideration, is whether you intend to mod the car- an auto will not handle heavy mods.... I gotta agree with Chris, get a stick. Hang in there, one will come up! Look in the classifieds on audizine.com they always have a few for sale!
Old 05-24-2011, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

a brazillion times better
Old 05-24-2011, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Forget auto, get stick. They're out there.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jordonb
Another consideration, is whether you intend to mod the car- an auto will not handle heavy mods.... I gotta agree with Chris, get a stick. Hang in there, one will come up! Look in the classifieds on audizine.com they always have a few for sale!
yea i want to mod it, i want to punk a bunch of cars out here that punkd me before haha, but ur car is sooooooooooooo clean!!! waiting for that car is soo hard to do but imm going to have to wait
Old 05-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

o yea i know that its abazilion times better haha ahhh kant wait
thers a few for sale in my area but all auto =/
Old 05-24-2011, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

its worth the wait. manuals are so much more rewarding to drive
Old 05-24-2011, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default hmmm.... check this

yea i want to mod it, i want to punk a bunch of cars out here that punkd me before haha, but ur car is sooooooooooooo clean!!! waiting for that car is soo hard to do but imm going to have to wait
I waited five years to find the right one... also the right time too. If that's not determination... then I don't know what is! lol

Stick with the Stick man! lol
You'll enjoy it sooooo much more.
Plus you'll have an advantage over those who have auto/sports cars... well a slight advantage and how good you are at shifting. lol The new auto's are getting pretty good.

Chris

Quick Reply: How much better is stick co,pared to auto?