S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

I am looking for an S4 and I need a little help plz

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am looking for an S4 and I need a little help plz

Is it possible to get a nice S4 for 8-10 thousand? I really want a S4 but I'm not sure on the price range. Any info will be helpful thanks
Old 04-29-2011, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

sure... I got mine for much less than that, 5700. Its in great shape for having 150+k miles on it. You just gotta keep looking and know what your looking for and what your looking "out" for also.

Ask as many questions as you can come up with and about everything on the car. Check to make sure what you want on the car, works. If it doesn't well, that gets knocked off the price is what you gotta demand.

also depends of the person selling, I got real lucky, I talked to guy way down and he was still quite happy. Some ppl wont be that way.

Ask any questions you like on here... though I must advise you now before doing so, search the forum simply because someone here will tell you to do the same before answering questions. Also it saves you from getting flamed.

Good luck, post some pics when you own one...
Old 04-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Damn 5700?! I was lookin online and seen that they are goin for like 8 to 10, how do u like your s4? Performance wise? I currently have a 2001 v6 camaro:/ and I want some speed now, and today at a light one got next to me and just LEFT me, made me want one haha
Old 04-30-2011, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I don't mean to rub it in... (also kinda long) sorry...

Originally Posted by Username510
Damn 5700?! I was lookin online and seen that they are goin for like 8 to 10, how do u like your s4? Performance wise? I currently have a 2001 v6 camaro:/ and I want some speed now, and today at a light one got next to me and just LEFT me, made me want one haha
But... since you asked... I LOVE MY B5 S4! My god every time I sit in my car.... ahhh.. it's like falling in love all over again. I love the smell of the leather inside, for some reason some ppl say they don't like it. I love it, it's the smell of the S4 period.

Aside from the few blemishes, it's in fine condition for having such high mileage. I love how it handles around a corner, if your on it just right... at the right moment it'll grab that corner and sling shot you right through it. It's incredible. As when I got it, it was stock, and man it's fast. Not quick... but fast, once you learn how it likes to drive, then it becomes quite quick. I'm now at stage 1, which is truly amazing. I didn't feel it at first, but when it finally hit me.... holy **** man!... it's bloody quick and fast. just wish it didn't have such a short gear. I also ride a ninja super sport bike... that's fast.... stupid fast Now all I can compare my S4 to.. is my bike. It's that kind of fast. Throws you into the rear seat, just about. The bike being a higher rpm range 16.5k, all gears have a long way to go, so that's why Im used to having a taller first gear. Even though, the bike still eats and spits out that first gear quicker than anything. The power behing the bike, the throwing you back feeling... It's the same as the S4.

That's why I love it. I literally have the bike... in my S4. When ppl ask me, whats the S4 like... I tell them well... I have a sport bike... that'll do 190mph without breaking a sweat. it has 130hp, with a 125lb guy sitting on it... it kicks ***. Now my S4 is like having the bike, with four wheels all kinds of airbags and safety items, plus AWD, and looks sexy all at the same time. Oh and comfortable seats lol. My old 92 honda accord, which I love too, things last my well over 450k miles, has a 130hp... Now compare that to my bike.... see what I mean. 130hp with just 125lbs on it... hmmm.. to me that equals fun. (And when it pulls away from other cars ask quickly as it does...
That's what makes it all worth while. That feeling of knowing the other guy/gal is saying wtf does he have under that hood).

Now the S4 stock with 250hp, pulls it's weight more than fine. Now that it's chipped/re-flashed, pushing alil over 300hp, and abit more boost. Seriously.... WOW!!!! it's an insane feeling when your going through the gears and it just keeps pulling and pulling... again it's insane.

Can't wait for my stage 3 conversion with Tial 605's. Double the current hp. AHHHHH.... it'll be amazing! (cept for gas.... )
Old 04-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Man that makes me want to get one! But I got to sell my car first and I'm not try to deal with that craigslist BS, but I want to get one!! How much did ur stage 1 cost? That's the first thing I want to get, but I know it's expensive
Old 04-30-2011, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Man that makes me want to get one! But I got to sell my car first and I'm not try to deal with that craigslist BS, but I want to get one!! How much did ur stage 1 cost? That's the first thing I want to get, but I know it's expensive
600, it's APR's promotion this month. Get all tunes and all three features for the price of one tune, which is 600. ends today..

I got mine three weeks ago. It's 1200 something for all of those things at normal price. It's worth it...

As for craigslist, make sure you can physically see the car. plus all the other things I mentioned before. I bought mine on ebay, but the guy had 80 some pictures up on the site. And let me tell ya... I examined those photos for hours, looking at every little detail I could see. Being the car was 3300 miles away.. I couldnt really just drive over and check out the car as often as I wanted to check any random thought that came to my bright mind. lol
Old 04-30-2011, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

believe it or not, but I can totally feel your excitement towards getting one. It's exactly how I felt.

Funny thing about my car is that I pretty much bought the car before I myself even decided to do it. lol I was talking to the guy about some stuff on the car, and started talking about calling my bank on monday morning. lol So before I knew it.. I had pretty much had the car before I decided. lol great thing... not one single regret.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

3300 miles away?! Haha woah that is a big risk!! I know, craigslist is very stressful, but I know I can sell my camaro quick, I want to get an S4 sooooooooooooooo bad! I been looking up videos all day haha, I want to get one before I get my financial aid check so I can spend it all on the car haha,
What is stage one? Is it just the chip? Srry Im new to the Audi world haha
Old 04-30-2011, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

for 8-10k you should be able to get a fairly nice s4. ive bought my last 2 in the price range and both were under 75k miles and mint condition.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What year were they

Quick Reply: I am looking for an S4 and I need a little help plz