S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

I have to say, if the S4 comes in that yellow, it sure looks SHARP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-1999, 11:42 PM
Mike Zamarocy

Default I have to say, if the S4 comes in that yellow, it sure looks SHARP!

But some pics look to be a dark yellow, but one of the rear looks like a faded yellow. If in fact it is the darker yellow, I WANT IT!

But, . . . . I wonder what the trade in popularity of yellow cars is? Would it hurt the trade in valus of this car later on??????
Old 08-29-1999, 05:49 AM
Peter K

Default You'd give up what gives the Audi the edge over the C43 and the M3

Low profile....need I say more...
I used to drive a Merc E55 (with AMG 6.0l engine cost the boss a fortune)
We were contemplating rebading it E320 but decided not to,
S4 looks so much like a A4 its the perfect stealth car,
especially rebadged 1.8L Turbo.
So if you decide to buy the car in a color like the yellow,
yes the color that screams "I WANT A SPEEDING TICKET"
I think that Red, Light blue, Yellow and Green are very poor choices
for performance cars if you think about tickets and the like
Old 08-29-1999, 07:42 AM
Kevin B

The S4 advantage over the M3 and C43 is not about color, it's about car!
Old 08-29-1999, 09:48 AM
AvramD

Default The S4 is not for people who need to feel noticed.

If you have confidence problems, get a Hummer or a Corvette.

I admit, Audi is sending mixed messages - on one hand, the brag about "a car doesn't have to be a rolling advertizement for itself" and "this car's enhancements are for 'go' not for 'show'." Then on the other hand, the only ones they ever show you in the marketing campaign are Imola Yellow, or Nogaro blue. That's marketing for you, but it doesn't seem to be in sync with the engineers who designed the car.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, the thing that will make beating a 'vette off the line fun is not the "winning", it's the deflating of the arrogance that goes with buying a 'vette that I enjoy.

I once dragged with a late '70s big block camaro, in my del sol VTEC. He probably had four TIMES the displacement I did. He was laughing at the suggestion that I would take his challenge (while the light was red). I didn't beat him, but from 0 to 95, he never got his rear bumper past my front. 3/4 miles later, at the next red light, HE was the one saying "Holy **** - What you got for an engine in that thing?" I just smiled and said "1.6 litre straight 4." The sense of pride I got from that was as good as if I had beaten him.

And what's with that guy who sent in 15 pictures of himself and his yellow S4 Avant to the s-cars.org website? Complete with side-by-side shots of the car next to his matching yellow airplane? I'll tell you what I think - classic "SPS" - small ***** syndrome.

Cool isn't how you look, it's how you think. If you think about looking cool, then you aren't - you just look it. I believe the word is "poser."

Send in the flames,
Avram
Old 08-29-1999, 10:16 AM
Scott D.

Default I gotta say: why all the fuss over someone ELSE's ego?

Aren't we buying the car because of how it <b> feels </b> to drive it (i.e. how it corners, accelerates, brakes), being enveloped in the quiet and luxury, enjoying the color because it feeds our aesthetic desires?

I don't get all the positioning and jostling over how to equip your car so you can "deflate someone else's arrogance". Just enjoy what you drive for what it is, and let others do the same.

I mean, really -- who cares if someone else thinks they're hot stuff driving a big block this or that? Poser, poseur, whatever. Live and let live.
Old 08-29-1999, 12:56 PM
Mike Zamarocy

Default Guys, WHOA there! Read this please . .

Hey guys, I have no ego, and I was not asking about this yellow color as being an EGO TRIP. I just thought the color looks real nice, I really do! And my original question was from the fact that I was worried if that yellow color would HURT its trade-in value, THAT IS ALL. I mean that even if I have the most popular car in the world (THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE!!!!), if I had it painted a Techno-Violet with PINK TRIM, I wouldn't get a penny for it from a dealer if I tried to trade it in cause of the color. Just like Black, Silver, and White are EASY colors to trade-in.

OK FOLKS? THIS IS NOT FOR EGO!
Old 08-29-1999, 02:21 PM
Scott D.

Default I was mostly commenting on AvramD's message (above)

Your original post was a good observation (followed by a perfectly legit question).

The S4 picture with the "darker" yellow looked mighty fine, yet some of the others appeared rather washed out, or over lit. And resale value is a legitimate concern (unless you're leasing).

I was commenting on AvramD's message about posers, etc.
Old 08-29-1999, 04:17 PM
Mike Zamarocy

Default Re: I was mostly commenting on AvramD's message (above)

True, you were. But I didn't want it to get into a pissing match. I kinda wanted it to stick to what I was asking. And we all know what happens when it starts to get nasty
Old 08-29-1999, 04:32 PM
mpm

Default IMHO yellow is not a practical everyday color. Looks good on a 348 Ferrarri Spyder, but...

I'm not sure if it's your daily commuting color (that is if you are planning to drive the S4 every day).

As far as resale goes, I think you will be narrowing your audience. IMHO, I think the beauty of the S4 is that it's stealthy nature, you kinda loss that with a high visiablity color.

With that said, I gotta' say that yellow in the pics with its mustardy tones really looks sharp!
Old 08-29-1999, 07:44 PM
troll

plus, it totally looks like a taxi cab

Quick Reply: I have to say, if the S4 comes in that yellow, it sure looks SHARP!